|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Edgar Derby's job before he joined the army?
(a) He was a high school teacher.
(b) He was an advertising executive.
(c) He drove a forklift in a warehouse.
(d) He worked in a toothpaste factory.
2. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
(a) None of them have villains.
(b) Vonnegut has burned every one of them.
(c) None of them have been published.
(d) They are all about the war.
3. What happens when Billy tries to sleep in the railroad car?
(a) The guards start searching through the railroad car.
(b) The railroad car starts moving too fast to sleep.
(c) The other soldiers tell him to go lie down someplace else.
(d) Someone in the darkness starts screaming loudly.
4. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(b) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(c) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
(d) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
5. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(b) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(c) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
(d) He ignores her when she asks questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
2. This took place in:
3. What are the Tralfamadorans?
4. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
5. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)