|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
(b) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(c) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(d) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
2. Which person dies on the railroad trip in Germany?
(a) Bernard O'Hare
(b) The hobo
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Paul Lazzaro
3. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
(a) They wanted him to help with the gardening.
(b) They wanted to play hide and seek with him.
(c) So they could take a picture of his
(d) They were angry at him for smiling so much.
4. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
(a) So it goes.
(c) Nothing would ever be the same.
(d) And that's the end.
5. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
(b) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
(c) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
(d) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do the night before his daughter's wedding?
2. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
3. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
4. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
5. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)