|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(b) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(c) His daughter had never seen a river before.
(d) They want to go swimming in the water.
2. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
(a) Nothing would ever be the same.
(b) And that's the end.
(d) So it goes.
3. How does Roland Weary die?
(a) From gangrene in his feet
(b) Killed by the other prisoners
(c) By shooting himself in the head
(d) Killed by a German guard
4. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
(a) In a prisoner of war camp
(b) On Tralfamadore
(c) On the front lawn of the house
(d) In the backseat of his car
5. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
(b) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
(c) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
(d) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Tralfamadorans?
2. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
3. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
4. What does one of the German soldiers do to Roland Weary?
5. What does the Tralfamadoran compare a moment in time to?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)