|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His ancient rifle
(b) His golden boots
(c) His pocket watch
(d) His sheepskin jacket
2. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
(a) On a roll of wallpaper with a crayon
(b) In the back of a flatbed truck
(c) On a matchbook cover by candlelight
(d) Typing on a continuous roll of paper
3. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
(b) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
(c) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
(d) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
4. What are the Tralfamadorans?
(a) Aliens that see in four dimensions.
(b) A group of anti-war activists.
(c) A secret society of optometrists.
(d) People who become Billy's fan club.
5. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Wild Bob
(d) The Germans
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
2. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
3. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
4. Which person dies on the railroad trip in Germany?
5. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)