|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
(a) He becomes an infant being washed by his mother.
(b) He recalls nearly drowning in the swimming pool.
(c) He returns to the Lion's Club dinner in 1957.
(d) He goes back to the night when he was kidnapped.
2. What is Billy's position in the war?
(a) Chaplain's assistant
(b) Private in the Infantry
(c) Corporal in Support Services
(d) Second lieutenant
3. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
(a) He was on a sail boat that capsized during a storm.
(b) His father threw him into the deep end of a swimming pool.
(c) He took lessons from a girl in a blue swimming suit.
(d) He used to go swimming with other boys in a local creek.
4. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
(b) have ever died in automobile accidents.
(c) have died from cancer in the last two years.
(d) than died in the Concentration Camps.
5. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(a) So it goes.
(b) That's a pity.
(d) No one really dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
2. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
3. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
4. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
5. What was Edgar Derby's job before he joined the army?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)