|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the American prisoners given showers?
(a) To warm them up after the cold railroad ride
(b) To help kill the lice and germs on their bodies
(c) Because the Germans cannot stand their smell
(d) In order to humiliate the American Army
2. What is Billy's position in the war?
(a) Second lieutenant
(b) Corporal in Support Services
(c) Private in the Infantry
(d) Chaplain's assistant
3. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
(a) The Children's Crusade
(b) So It Goes
(c) The Destruction of Dresden
4. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(b) He gets a job delivering phone books.
(c) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(d) He settles down and gets married.
5. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(b) To his high school class in 1940
(c) In the POW camp in 1944
(d) On the radio in 1968
Short Answer Questions
1. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
2. What is unusual about the war movie Billy watches?
3. What does Billy do the night before his daughter's wedding?
4. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
5. Who is "Princess?"
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)