|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
(a) Cornell University
(b) Stanford University
(c) The University of Chicago
(d) The University of Dresden
2. What is the first thing both the Germans and the Tralfamadorans have Billy do?
(a) Sit in a corner by himself
(b) Promise not to run away
(c) Take off his clothes
(d) Write a letter to his family
3. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
(a) In the back of a flatbed truck
(b) On a roll of wallpaper with a crayon
(c) Typing on a continuous roll of paper
(d) On a matchbook cover by candlelight
4. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) taking a teapot.
(b) breaking an egg.
(c) stealing food.
(d) attacking a guard.
5. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-glacier book
(b) An anti-war book
(c) A memoir
(d) An epic
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy in 1968?
2. How do the Tralfamadorans make Billy climb the ladder?
3. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
4. What are the Tralfamadorans?
5. How many days does Billy travel in the railroad cars before arriving at the camp?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)