|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Princess?"
(a) Roland Weary's wife
(b) The woman in Roland's picture
(c) Billy's first girlfriend
(d) A German shepherd dog
2. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
(b) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(c) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(d) His father dies in a hunting accident.
3. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(b) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
(c) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
(d) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
4. Which person dies on the railroad trip in Germany?
(a) Bernard O'Hare
(b) Paul Lazzaro
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) The hobo
5. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
(b) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
(c) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
(d) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
2. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
3. What is Billy's position in the war?
4. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
5. This took place in:
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)