|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
(b) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
(c) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
(d) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
2. What does the Tralfamadoran compare a moment in time to?
(a) A bug trapped in amber
(b) A sheet of ice
(c) The reflection in a mirror
(d) A flickering flame
3. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) attacking a guard.
(b) stealing food.
(c) breaking an egg.
(d) taking a teapot.
4. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
(a) Water flowing downhill into a large river
(b) Caribou migrating across the Arctic plains
(c) Ants moving their anthill to a new location
(d) The young people in the Children's Crusade
5. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In a slaughterhouse
(b) In a baby food factory
(c) In an empty school
(d) In a deserted zoo
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
2. How does Roland Weary die?
3. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
4. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
5. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)