|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roland Weary die?
(a) Killed by the other prisoners
(b) From gangrene in his feet
(c) By shooting himself in the head
(d) Killed by a German guard
2. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut
(b) Roland Weary
(c) Wild Bob
(d) Bernard O'Hare
3. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
(b) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
(c) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
(d) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
4. What was Edgar Derby's job before he joined the army?
(a) He worked in a toothpaste factory.
(b) He drove a forklift in a warehouse.
(c) He was a high school teacher.
(d) He was an advertising executive.
5. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) have ever died in automobile accidents.
(b) have died from cancer in the last two years.
(c) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
(d) than died in the Concentration Camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
2. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
3. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
4. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
5. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)