|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
(a) A two-inch pencil stub
(b) A picture of his girlfriend
(c) His rifle and bayonet
(d) The letter from his mother
2. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
(a) Ten hours
(b) Two days
(c) One day
(d) Five days
3. How do the Tralfamadorans make Billy climb the ladder?
(a) They threaten him with death.
(b) They shoot a ray at him.
(c) They ask him politely.
(d) They poke him with long sticks.
4. What is the first thing both the Germans and the Tralfamadorans have Billy do?
(a) Take off his clothes
(b) Sit in a corner by himself
(c) Promise not to run away
(d) Write a letter to his family
5. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In a baby food factory
(b) In a deserted zoo
(c) In a slaughterhouse
(d) In an empty school
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
2. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
3. What does Billy's doctor advise him to do every day?
4. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)