|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
(a) On a matchbook cover by candlelight
(b) In the back of a flatbed truck
(c) On a roll of wallpaper with a crayon
(d) Typing on a continuous roll of paper
2. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
(a) The Band of Brothers
(b) The Last Warriors
(c) The Three Musketeers
(d) The Lost Souls
3. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
(a) So it goes.
(b) Nothing would ever be the same.
(c) And that's the end.
4. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) To his high school class in 1940
(b) On the radio in 1968
(c) In the POW camp in 1944
(d) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
5. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
(a) He is an optometrist who is blind.
(b) He has become
(c) He cannot remember his war experiences.
(d) He does not like fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
2. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
3. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
4. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
5. What did Vonnegut study in college?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)