|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) The Tralfamadorans
(b) A patrol of German soldiers
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) American Army Scouts
2. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(b) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
(c) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(d) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
3. When was Billy kidnapped by the Tralfamadorans?
(a) On a night in 1967
(b) One morning in 1945
(c) During the march in 1944
(d) After dinner in 1957
4. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
(a) The Tralfamadorans show up.
(b) The neighbor's dog starts barking.
(c) His daughter calls on the telephone.
(d) A man comes selling magazine subscriptions.
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
(a) The Destruction of Dresden
(b) The Children's Crusade
(c) So It Goes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's position in the war?
2. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
3. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
4. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
5. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)