|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
(b) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(c) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
(d) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
2. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In a baby food factory
(b) In a slaughterhouse
(c) In an empty school
(d) In a deserted zoo
3. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(b) In the POW camp in 1944
(c) To his high school class in 1940
(d) On the radio in 1968
4. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
(a) Water flowing downhill into a large river
(b) Ants moving their anthill to a new location
(c) The young people in the Children's Crusade
(d) Caribou migrating across the Arctic plains
5. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
(a) Wild Bob
(b) Roland Weary
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) Kurt Vonnegut
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
2. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
3. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
4. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
5. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)