|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) They want to go swimming in the water.
(b) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(c) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(d) His daughter had never seen a river before.
2. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
(a) Water flowing downhill into a large river
(b) Ants moving their anthill to a new location
(c) Caribou migrating across the Arctic plains
(d) The young people in the Children's Crusade
3. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) To his high school class in 1940
(b) On the radio in 1968
(c) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(d) In the POW camp in 1944
4. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) breaking an egg.
(b) stealing food.
(c) taking a teapot.
(d) attacking a guard.
5. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) American Army Scouts
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) The Tralfamadorans
(d) A patrol of German soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Tralfamadorans?
2. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
3. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
4. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
5. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)