|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
(a) In a prisoner of war camp
(b) On Tralfamadore
(c) On the front lawn of the house
(d) In the backseat of his car
2. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(b) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
(c) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(d) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
3. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
(a) So it goes.
(c) And that's the end.
(d) Nothing would ever be the same.
4. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In an empty school
(b) In a baby food factory
(c) In a deserted zoo
(d) In a slaughterhouse
5. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His golden boots
(b) His sheepskin jacket
(c) His ancient rifle
(d) His pocket watch
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's position in the war?
2. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
3. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
4. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
5. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)