|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) In the POW camp in 1944
(b) To his high school class in 1940
(c) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(d) On the radio in 1968
2. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
(a) They were angry at him for smiling so much.
(b) So they could take a picture of his
(c) They wanted him to help with the gardening.
(d) They wanted to play hide and seek with him.
3. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
(b) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
(c) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(d) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
4. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(b) That's a pity.
(c) No one really dies.
(d) So it goes.
5. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
(b) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
(c) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(d) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
2. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
3. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
4. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
5. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)