|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) have died from cancer in the last two years.
(b) than died in the Concentration Camps.
(c) have ever died in automobile accidents.
(d) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
2. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) American Army Scouts
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) A patrol of German soldiers
(d) The Tralfamadorans
3. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
(a) He used to go swimming with other boys in a local creek.
(b) He took lessons from a girl in a blue swimming suit.
(c) He was on a sail boat that capsized during a storm.
(d) His father threw him into the deep end of a swimming pool.
4. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
(a) Billy has no appetite and has lost too much weight.
(b) It takes Billy hours to fall asleep at night.
(c) Billy is unable to focus on his work.
(d) Billy finds himself weeping for no reason.
5. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
(a) She started to sing and dance.
(b) She suddenly fell down dead.
(c) She turned into a pillar of salt.
(d) She began to weep uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
2. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
3. What does one of the German soldiers do to Roland Weary?
4. This took place in:
5. What is Billy's position in the war?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)