|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Princess?"
(a) A German shepherd dog
(b) Billy's first girlfriend
(c) The woman in Roland's picture
(d) Roland Weary's wife
2. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-glacier book
(b) An anti-war book
(c) An epic
(d) A memoir
3. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
(b) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
(c) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
(d) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
4. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His pocket watch
(b) His ancient rifle
(c) His golden boots
(d) His sheepskin jacket
5. What does one of the German soldiers do to Roland Weary?
(a) Spits on his shoulder
(b) Mocks his accent
(c) Beats him with a rifle
(d) Takes away his uniform
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
2. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
3. What does Billy's doctor advise him to do every day?
4. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
5. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)