|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's doctor advise him to do every day?
(a) Take anti-depressants
(c) Take a long walk
(d) Take a nap
2. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(b) On the radio in 1968
(c) To his high school class in 1940
(d) In the POW camp in 1944
3. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
(b) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(c) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
(d) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
4. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
(a) A guard in the prison camp
(b) A policeman in Chicago
(c) The author of a book on massacres
(d) A taxi-driver in Dresde
5. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(b) He gets a job delivering phone books.
(c) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(d) He settles down and gets married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
2. Who is Wild Bob?
3. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
4. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
5. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)