|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
(b) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
(c) To run away from them if at all possible.
(d) That they are a necessary part of human history.
2. What is Billy's position in the war?
(a) Chaplain's assistant
(b) Corporal in Support Services
(c) Private in the Infantry
(d) Second lieutenant
3. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
(a) None of them have been published.
(b) They are all about the war.
(c) Vonnegut has burned every one of them.
(d) None of them have villains.
4. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
(a) A two-inch pencil stub
(b) The letter from his mother
(c) His rifle and bayonet
(d) A picture of his girlfriend
5. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
(a) A man comes selling magazine subscriptions.
(b) The neighbor's dog starts barking.
(c) The Tralfamadorans show up.
(d) His daughter calls on the telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
2. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
3. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
4. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
5. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)