|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This took place in:
2. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
(b) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
(c) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
(d) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
3. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
(b) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
(c) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
(d) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
4. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
(a) The young people in the Children's Crusade
(b) Caribou migrating across the Arctic plains
(c) Ants moving their anthill to a new location
(d) Water flowing downhill into a large river
5. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) attacking a guard.
(b) breaking an egg.
(c) taking a teapot.
(d) stealing food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
2. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
3. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
4. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
5. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)