|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(b) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(c) His daughter had never seen a river before.
(d) They want to go swimming in the water.
2. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) His car and his rifle
(b) His mother and his sister
(c) His best friends back in the United States
(d) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
3. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
(a) It takes Billy hours to fall asleep at night.
(b) Billy finds himself weeping for no reason.
(c) Billy has no appetite and has lost too much weight.
(d) Billy is unable to focus on his work.
4. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
(a) In the back of a flatbed truck
(b) On a roll of wallpaper with a crayon
(c) On a matchbook cover by candlelight
(d) Typing on a continuous roll of paper
5. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
(b) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
(c) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
(d) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
2. What is Billy's position in the war?
3. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
4. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
5. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)