|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) attacking a guard.
(b) stealing food.
(c) breaking an egg.
(d) taking a teapot.
2. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-war book
(b) An epic
(c) An anti-glacier book
(d) A memoir
3. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
(a) She turned into a pillar of salt.
(b) She started to sing and dance.
(c) She suddenly fell down dead.
(d) She began to weep uncontrollably.
4. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
(a) His rifle and bayonet
(b) The letter from his mother
(c) A two-inch pencil stub
(d) A picture of his girlfriend
5. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(b) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(c) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(d) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
2. This took place in:
3. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
4. When does Billy make his first public speech?
5. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)