|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(b) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
(c) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(d) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
2. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
(a) a blanket instead of a coat.
(b) clogs instead of boots.
(c) his hair in a ponytail.
(d) handcuffs on his wrists.
3. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
(a) She turned into a pillar of salt.
(b) She began to weep uncontrollably.
(c) She started to sing and dance.
(d) She suddenly fell down dead.
4. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) The Tralfamadorans
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) American Army Scouts
(d) A patrol of German soldiers
5. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) They want to go swimming in the water.
(b) His daughter had never seen a river before.
(c) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(d) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
2. What did Vonnegut study in college?
3. Who is Wild Bob?
4. What is Billy's position in the war?
5. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)