|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
(a) Stanford University
(b) Cornell University
(c) The University of Dresden
(d) The University of Chicago
2. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
(b) The Children's Crusade
(c) So It Goes
(d) The Destruction of Dresden
3. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) His daughter had never seen a river before.
(b) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(c) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(d) They want to go swimming in the water.
4. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
(a) None of them have villains.
(b) None of them have been published.
(c) Vonnegut has burned every one of them.
(d) They are all about the war.
5. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
(b) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
(c) That they are a necessary part of human history.
(d) To run away from them if at all possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
2. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
3. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
4. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
5. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)