|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
(b) His car and his rifle
(c) His best friends back in the United States
(d) His mother and his sister
2. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
(b) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(c) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(d) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
3. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
(a) The University of Chicago
(b) The University of Dresden
(c) Cornell University
(d) Stanford University
4. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(b) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(c) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(d) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
5. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
(a) On a roll of wallpaper with a crayon
(b) On a matchbook cover by candlelight
(c) In the back of a flatbed truck
(d) Typing on a continuous roll of paper
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
2. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
3. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
4. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
5. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)