|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(b) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(c) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(d) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
2. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) To his high school class in 1940
(b) In the POW camp in 1944
(c) On the radio in 1968
(d) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
3. What are the Tralfamadorans?
(a) A group of anti-war activists.
(b) Aliens that see in four dimensions.
(c) People who become Billy's fan club.
(d) A secret society of optometrists.
4. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
(b) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(c) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(d) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
5. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
(a) She thinks he got pneumonia.
(b) She thinks he is too proud to ask for money.
(c) She thinks he is distracted by grief.
(d) She thinks he is getting senile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
2. This took place in:
3. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
4. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
5. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)