|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
(a) Cornell University
(b) The University of Dresden
(c) The University of Chicago
(d) Stanford University
2. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
(a) She thinks he got pneumonia.
(b) She thinks he is getting senile.
(c) She thinks he is too proud to ask for money.
(d) She thinks he is distracted by grief.
3. This took place in:
4. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
(b) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
(c) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
(d) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
5. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(b) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
(c) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(d) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
2. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
3. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
4. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
5. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)