|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(a) So it goes.
(b) That's a pity.
(c) No one really dies.
2. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-war book
(b) A memoir
(c) An anti-glacier book
(d) An epic
3. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
(a) The author of a book on massacres
(b) A guard in the prison camp
(c) A policeman in Chicago
(d) A taxi-driver in Dresde
4. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
(a) She thinks he is distracted by grief.
(b) She thinks he got pneumonia.
(c) She thinks he is too proud to ask for money.
(d) She thinks he is getting senile.
5. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He gets a job delivering phone books.
(b) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(c) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(d) He settles down and gets married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
2. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
3. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
4. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
5. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)