|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
(a) The Band of Brothers
(b) The Lost Souls
(c) The Last Warriors
(d) The Three Musketeers
2. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) To run away from them if at all possible.
(b) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
(c) That they are a necessary part of human history.
(d) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
3. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) have died from cancer in the last two years.
(b) have ever died in automobile accidents.
(c) than died in the Concentration Camps.
(d) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
4. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(a) So it goes.
(b) No one really dies.
(c) That's a pity.
5. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
(a) As a gift that should be treasured like gold.
(b) It's a nuisance; time goes too slowly.
(c) Like a river that flows in one direction only.
(d) As permanent fixtures, like the Rocky Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
2. What did Vonnegut study in college?
3. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
4. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)