|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(b) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(c) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(d) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
2. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
(a) He writes a book about his war experiences.
(b) He goes back to Dresden to see what it looks like now.
(c) He leaves his wife for a movie star named Montana Wildhack.
(d) He tells a radio audience that he was kidnapped by aliens.
3. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He settles down and gets married.
(b) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(c) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(d) He gets a job delivering phone books.
4. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
(a) It's a nuisance; time goes too slowly.
(b) As permanent fixtures, like the Rocky Mountains.
(c) Like a river that flows in one direction only.
(d) As a gift that should be treasured like gold.
5. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
(a) He was on a sail boat that capsized during a storm.
(b) He took lessons from a girl in a blue swimming suit.
(c) His father threw him into the deep end of a swimming pool.
(d) He used to go swimming with other boys in a local creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
2. When does Billy make his first public speech?
3. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
4. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)