|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) than died in the Concentration Camps.
(b) have ever died in automobile accidents.
(c) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
(d) have died from cancer in the last two years.
2. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
(b) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(c) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(d) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
3. What are the Tralfamadorans?
(a) A group of anti-war activists.
(b) Aliens that see in four dimensions.
(c) People who become Billy's fan club.
(d) A secret society of optometrists.
4. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
(a) Cornell University
(b) The University of Dresden
(c) Stanford University
(d) The University of Chicago
5. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
(a) She started to sing and dance.
(b) She turned into a pillar of salt.
(c) She began to weep uncontrollably.
(d) She suddenly fell down dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
2. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
3. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
4. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
5. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)