|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
(a) The Destruction of Dresden
(b) The Children's Crusade
(d) So It Goes
2. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) His best friends back in the United States
(b) His car and his rifle
(c) His mother and his sister
(d) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
3. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
(b) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(c) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
(d) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
4. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
(a) He is an optometrist who is blind.
(b) He does not like fighting.
(c) He has become
(d) He cannot remember his war experiences.
5. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) In the POW camp in 1944
(b) On the radio in 1968
(c) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(d) To his high school class in 1940
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
2. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
3. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
4. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
5. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)