|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
(b) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(c) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
(d) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
2. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
(a) He cannot remember his war experiences.
(b) He has become
(c) He does not like fighting.
(d) He is an optometrist who is blind.
3. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
(a) He was a chaplain's assistant.
(b) He worked as a police reporter.
(c) He was a factory worker.
(d) Working in a restaurant.
4. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
(a) Vonnegut has burned every one of them.
(b) They are all about the war.
(c) None of them have been published.
(d) None of them have villains.
5. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-war book
(b) A memoir
(c) An epic
(d) An anti-glacier book
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
2. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
3. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
4. What are the Tralfamadorans?
5. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)