|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vonnegut study in college?
(a) Political science
(c) Creative Writing
2. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
(a) He does not like fighting.
(b) He has become
(c) He cannot remember his war experiences.
(d) He is an optometrist who is blind.
3. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(b) That's a pity.
(c) So it goes.
(d) No one really dies.
4. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(b) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(c) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(d) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
5. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
(a) On a matchbook cover by candlelight
(b) In the back of a flatbed truck
(c) On a roll of wallpaper with a crayon
(d) Typing on a continuous roll of paper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
2. When does Billy make his first public speech?
3. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
4. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
5. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)