|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) They want to go swimming in the water.
(b) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(c) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(d) His daughter had never seen a river before.
2. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) To run away from them if at all possible.
(b) That they are a necessary part of human history.
(c) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
(d) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
3. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) breaking an egg.
(b) taking a teapot.
(c) attacking a guard.
(d) stealing food.
4. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
(a) Vonnegut has burned every one of them.
(b) None of them have villains.
(c) They are all about the war.
(d) None of them have been published.
5. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
(a) It's a nuisance; time goes too slowly.
(b) As permanent fixtures, like the Rocky Mountains.
(c) Like a river that flows in one direction only.
(d) As a gift that should be treasured like gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
2. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
3. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
4. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)