|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) That they are a necessary part of human history.
(b) To run away from them if at all possible.
(c) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
(d) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
2. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
(a) It's a nuisance; time goes too slowly.
(b) As permanent fixtures, like the Rocky Mountains.
(c) Like a river that flows in one direction only.
(d) As a gift that should be treasured like gold.
3. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(b) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(c) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
(d) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
4. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In a deserted zoo
(b) In a slaughterhouse
(c) In a baby food factory
(d) In an empty school
5. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(b) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(c) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(d) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
2. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
3. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
4. What happens to Billy in 1968?
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)