|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vonnegut study in college?
(a) Creative Writing
(c) Political science
2. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
(a) He cheats on his wife.
(b) He yells at his best friend.
(c) He passes out on the living room rug.
(d) He calls up old girlfriends.
3. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) In the POW camp in 1944
(b) To his high school class in 1940
(c) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(d) On the radio in 1968
4. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(b) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(c) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
(d) He ignores her when she asks questions.
5. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
(b) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
(c) To run away from them if at all possible.
(d) That they are a necessary part of human history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
2. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
3. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
4. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
5. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)