|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) A memoir
(b) An anti-war book
(c) An anti-glacier book
(d) An epic
2. How do the Tralfamadorans make Billy climb the ladder?
(a) They poke him with long sticks.
(b) They threaten him with death.
(c) They ask him politely.
(d) They shoot a ray at him.
3. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
(a) Five days
(b) One day
(c) Two days
(d) Ten hours
4. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
(a) For official records
(b) They are making postcards
(c) They like the Americans
(d) For propaganda purposes
5. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(b) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(c) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(d) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Billy taken to the hospital during the play?
2. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
3. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
4. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
5. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)