|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-war book
(b) An epic
(c) A memoir
(d) An anti-glacier book
2. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(b) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
(c) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(d) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
3. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
(a) An American who joined the Nazi Party
(b) One of the prisoners of war
(c) The owner of the factory Billy works in
(d) One of the American generals
4. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
(a) Billy finds himself weeping for no reason.
(b) Billy is unable to focus on his work.
(c) Billy has no appetite and has lost too much weight.
(d) It takes Billy hours to fall asleep at night.
5. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
(a) The Blue Fairy Godmother
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) A Russian Prisoner of war
(d) A German soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Billy stay in Dresden before it is bombed?
2. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
3. What is Billy's position in the war?
4. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
5. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)