|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Billy give his wife at their eighteenth wedding anniversary?
(a) A sapphire necklace
(b) Diamond earrings
(c) A cocktail ring
(d) A tennis bracelet
2. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
(a) She thinks he got pneumonia.
(b) She thinks he is getting senile.
(c) She thinks he is distracted by grief.
(d) She thinks he is too proud to ask for money.
3. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
(a) He prepares meals.
(b) He cleans and fills jars with syrup.
(c) He censors letters.
(d) He counts passengers.
4. What was Edgar Derby's job before he joined the army?
(a) He was an advertising executive.
(b) He worked in a toothpaste factory.
(c) He was a high school teacher.
(d) He drove a forklift in a warehouse.
5. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
(a) His rifle and bayonet
(b) A two-inch pencil stub
(c) The letter from his mother
(d) A picture of his girlfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
2. What does Billy do the night before his daughter's wedding?
3. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
4. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
5. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)