|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(a) That's a pity.
(c) No one really dies.
(d) So it goes.
2. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) In the POW camp in 1944
(b) To his high school class in 1940
(c) On the radio in 1968
(d) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
3. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
(b) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
(c) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
(d) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
4. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
(a) handcuffs on his wrists.
(b) a blanket instead of a coat.
(c) clogs instead of boots.
(d) his hair in a ponytail.
5. What does Billy see in the Carlsbad Caverns when the lights are switched off?
(a) About a million bats falling out of an opening
(b) His father's pocket watch glowing in the dark
(c) Nothing; he is left in total darkness
(d) The silhouette of the Ranger's hat
Short Answer Questions
1. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
2. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
3. What happens while Billy is still unconscious in the hospital?
4. Who is Bertram Rumfoord?
5. What is the first thing both the Germans and the Tralfamadorans have Billy do?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)