|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) A patrol of German soldiers
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) American Army Scouts
(d) The Tralfamadorans
2. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(b) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(c) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
(d) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
3. Who is Wild Bob?
(a) The hobo Billy meets in the railroad car
(b) A German guard who loved American cowboy movies
(c) A colonel who lost his entire regiment
(d) The name of a German shepherd in a POW camp
4. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
(a) He has become
(b) He cannot remember his war experiences.
(c) He does not like fighting.
(d) He is an optometrist who is blind.
5. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(b) His daughter had never seen a river before.
(c) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(d) They want to go swimming in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
2. What does one of the German soldiers do to Roland Weary?
3. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
4. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
5. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)