|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
(a) Working in a restaurant.
(b) He was a chaplain's assistant.
(c) He worked as a police reporter.
(d) He was a factory worker.
2. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(b) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(c) They want to go swimming in the water.
(d) His daughter had never seen a river before.
3. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
(a) A man comes selling magazine subscriptions.
(b) The Tralfamadorans show up.
(c) The neighbor's dog starts barking.
(d) His daughter calls on the telephone.
4. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
(b) And that's the end.
(c) So it goes.
(d) Nothing would ever be the same.
5. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
(a) They like the Americans
(b) They are making postcards
(c) For propaganda purposes
(d) For official records
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
2. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
3. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
4. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
5. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)