|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(b) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(c) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(d) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
2. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
(a) He tells a radio audience that he was kidnapped by aliens.
(b) He leaves his wife for a movie star named Montana Wildhack.
(c) He writes a book about his war experiences.
(d) He goes back to Dresden to see what it looks like now.
3. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
(a) Billy is unable to focus on his work.
(b) Billy finds himself weeping for no reason.
(c) Billy has no appetite and has lost too much weight.
(d) It takes Billy hours to fall asleep at night.
4. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
(b) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
(c) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(d) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
5. Who is "Princess?"
(a) A German shepherd dog
(b) Billy's first girlfriend
(c) Roland Weary's wife
(d) The woman in Roland's picture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
2. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
3. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
4. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)