|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
(b) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
(c) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
(d) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
2. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
(a) None of them have villains.
(b) None of them have been published.
(c) They are all about the war.
(d) Vonnegut has burned every one of them.
3. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
(a) A taxi-driver in Dresde
(b) The author of a book on massacres
(c) A guard in the prison camp
(d) A policeman in Chicago
4. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-glacier book
(b) An anti-war book
(c) An epic
(d) A memoir
5. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
(a) Wild Bob
(b) Roland Weary
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) Kurt Vonnegut
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
2. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
3. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
4. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
5. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)