|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
(a) She started to sing and dance.
(b) She turned into a pillar of salt.
(c) She suddenly fell down dead.
(d) She began to weep uncontrollably.
2. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
(a) That he's been hungry for weeks.
(b) The secrets of Trafalmadore.
(c) That he has been in worse situations than this.
(d) That he knows him from somewhere.
3. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He gets a job delivering phone books.
(b) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(c) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(d) He settles down and gets married.
4. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
(a) He worked as a police reporter.
(b) Working in a restaurant.
(c) He was a factory worker.
(d) He was a chaplain's assistant.
5. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
(a) He writes a book about his war experiences.
(b) He goes back to Dresden to see what it looks like now.
(c) He leaves his wife for a movie star named Montana Wildhack.
(d) He tells a radio audience that he was kidnapped by aliens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
2. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
3. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
4. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
5. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)