|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) The Tralfamadorans
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) A patrol of German soldiers
(d) American Army Scouts
2. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
(a) He used to go swimming with other boys in a local creek.
(b) He was on a sail boat that capsized during a storm.
(c) His father threw him into the deep end of a swimming pool.
(d) He took lessons from a girl in a blue swimming suit.
3. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
(a) His daughter calls on the telephone.
(b) The neighbor's dog starts barking.
(c) A man comes selling magazine subscriptions.
(d) The Tralfamadorans show up.
4. What does Billy's doctor advise him to do every day?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Take a long walk
(c) Take anti-depressants
5. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-glacier book
(b) An epic
(c) An anti-war book
(d) A memoir
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's position in the war?
2. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
3. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
4. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
5. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)