|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) have died from cancer in the last two years.
(b) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
(c) than died in the Concentration Camps.
(d) have ever died in automobile accidents.
2. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
(a) He worked as a police reporter.
(b) He was a factory worker.
(c) Working in a restaurant.
(d) He was a chaplain's assistant.
3. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) breaking an egg.
(b) stealing food.
(c) attacking a guard.
(d) taking a teapot.
4. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
(a) A policeman in Chicago
(b) A taxi-driver in Dresde
(c) The author of a book on massacres
(d) A guard in the prison camp
5. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He settles down and gets married.
(b) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(c) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(d) He gets a job delivering phone books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
2. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
3. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
4. When does Billy make his first public speech?
5. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)