|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
(a) To the town jail where they were able to wash up
(b) To a stone cottage filled with other prisoners
(c) To a local brewery where they were fed sausages
(d) To the mayor's house in the nearest village
2. When was Billy kidnapped by the Tralfamadorans?
(a) On a night in 1967
(b) During the march in 1944
(c) One morning in 1945
(d) After dinner in 1957
3. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
(a) Five days
(b) Two days
(c) Ten hours
(d) One day
4. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) His mother and his sister
(b) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
(c) His best friends back in the United States
(d) His car and his rifle
5. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
(b) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
(c) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
(d) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
2. What does one of the German soldiers do to Roland Weary?
3. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
4. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
5. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)