|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
(a) clogs instead of boots.
(b) his hair in a ponytail.
(c) handcuffs on his wrists.
(d) a blanket instead of a coat.
2. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In a deserted zoo
(b) In a baby food factory
(c) In an empty school
(d) In a slaughterhouse
3. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
(b) That they are a necessary part of human history.
(c) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
(d) To run away from them if at all possible.
4. What does Billy's doctor advise him to do every day?
(b) Take anti-depressants
(c) Take a long walk
(d) Take a nap
5. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
(a) Vonnegut has burned every one of them.
(b) They are all about the war.
(c) None of them have villains.
(d) None of them have been published.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
2. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
3. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
4. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
5. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)