|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's doctor advise him to do every day?
(a) Take anti-depressants
(b) Take a long walk
(d) Take a nap
2. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
(a) The letter from his mother
(b) His rifle and bayonet
(c) A picture of his girlfriend
(d) A two-inch pencil stub
3. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
(b) His mother and his sister
(c) His car and his rifle
(d) His best friends back in the United States
4. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
(a) That he has been in worse situations than this.
(b) The secrets of Trafalmadore.
(c) That he's been hungry for weeks.
(d) That he knows him from somewhere.
5. What is Billy's position in the war?
(a) Corporal in Support Services
(b) Second lieutenant
(c) Private in the Infantry
(d) Chaplain's assistant
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
2. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
3. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
4. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
5. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)