|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
(a) For propaganda purposes
(b) They like the Americans
(c) For official records
(d) They are making postcards
2. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
(b) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
(c) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(d) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
3. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
(b) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(c) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(d) He ignores her when she asks questions.
4. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(a) So it goes.
(b) No one really dies.
(c) That's a pity.
5. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
(a) The letter from his mother
(b) His rifle and bayonet
(c) A two-inch pencil stub
(d) A picture of his girlfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
2. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
3. When was Billy kidnapped by the Tralfamadorans?
4. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
5. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)