|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
(b) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(c) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(d) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
2. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) taking a teapot.
(b) attacking a guard.
(c) stealing food.
(d) breaking an egg.
3. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
(a) For official records
(b) They like the Americans
(c) For propaganda purposes
(d) They are making postcards
4. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(b) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(c) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
(d) His father dies in a hunting accident.
5. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) have ever died in automobile accidents.
(b) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
(c) have died from cancer in the last two years.
(d) than died in the Concentration Camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
2. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
3. What is Billy's position in the war?
4. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
5. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)