|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
(a) The Tralfamadorans show up.
(b) His daughter calls on the telephone.
(c) A man comes selling magazine subscriptions.
(d) The neighbor's dog starts barking.
2. What is Billy's position in the war?
(a) Second lieutenant
(b) Chaplain's assistant
(c) Corporal in Support Services
(d) Private in the Infantry
3. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(b) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
(c) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(d) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
4. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) have died from cancer in the last two years.
(b) than died in the Concentration Camps.
(c) have ever died in automobile accidents.
(d) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
5. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
(b) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
(c) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
(d) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
2. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
3. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
4. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
5. When was Billy kidnapped by the Tralfamadorans?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)