|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
(a) A policeman in Chicago
(b) The author of a book on massacres
(c) A guard in the prison camp
(d) A taxi-driver in Dresde
2. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
(b) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
(c) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
(d) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
3. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(b) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(c) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(d) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
4. Who is Wild Bob?
(a) The name of a German shepherd in a POW camp
(b) The hobo Billy meets in the railroad car
(c) A colonel who lost his entire regiment
(d) A German guard who loved American cowboy movies
5. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
(a) On a matchbook cover by candlelight
(b) In the back of a flatbed truck
(c) On a roll of wallpaper with a crayon
(d) Typing on a continuous roll of paper
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
2. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
3. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
4. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
5. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)