|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) On the radio in 1968
(b) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(c) In the POW camp in 1944
(d) To his high school class in 1940
2. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
(a) The young people in the Children's Crusade
(b) Ants moving their anthill to a new location
(c) Water flowing downhill into a large river
(d) Caribou migrating across the Arctic plains
3. What happens when Billy tries to sleep in the railroad car?
(a) Someone in the darkness starts screaming loudly.
(b) The railroad car starts moving too fast to sleep.
(c) The other soldiers tell him to go lie down someplace else.
(d) The guards start searching through the railroad car.
4. What is unique about the coat Billy Pilgrim gets from the Germans?
(a) It was made to be worn by a woman.
(b) It's the only coat from a civilian.
(c) It is the only one made from blue fabric.
(d) It has silver buttons on the collar and cuffs.
5. Why is Billy taken to the hospital during the play?
(a) He starts coughing up blood.
(b) He faints and they realize he is feverish.
(c) He starts laughing and cannot stop.
(d) He starts throwing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
2. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
3. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
4. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
5. How do the Tralfamadorans make Billy climb the ladder?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)