|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
(a) The Tralfamadorans show up.
(b) A man comes selling magazine subscriptions.
(c) The neighbor's dog starts barking.
(d) His daughter calls on the telephone.
2. Who is Wild Bob?
(a) A colonel who lost his entire regiment
(b) The name of a German shepherd in a POW camp
(c) A German guard who loved American cowboy movies
(d) The hobo Billy meets in the railroad car
3. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
(a) Complaining about his book sales
(b) Yelling at kids to sell newspapers
(c) Taking notes for a new novel
(d) Eating lunch at a greasy coffee shop
4. What is the only book Billy can read on the trip to Tralfamadore?
(a) How Green Was My Valley
(b) The Valley of the Dolls
(c) The Dollhouse Murders
(d) The Sorrow and the Pity
5. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
(a) They were angry at him for smiling so much.
(b) So they could take a picture of his
(c) They wanted to play hide and seek with him.
(d) They wanted him to help with the gardening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one of the Germans beat up an American prisoner of war?
2. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
3. What present does Billy give his wife at their eighteenth wedding anniversary?
4. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
5. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)