|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprised the British officers most about the American prisoners?
(a) How ill-dressed they were
(b) How nice they were
(c) How tired they looked
(d) How young they were
2. Where does Billy time travel to after the Carlbad Caverns?
(a) He returns to basic training.
(b) He travels to the moment of his death.
(c) He travels to another family vacation.
(d) He returns to the POW camp.
3. What was it about the Grand Canyon that scared Billy?
(a) He could not see the end of it.
(b) He thought a rock might fall on his head.
(c) He thought he might fall into it.
(d) It reminded him of the swimming pool.
4. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
(a) Billy finds himself weeping for no reason.
(b) Billy has no appetite and has lost too much weight.
(c) It takes Billy hours to fall asleep at night.
(d) Billy is unable to focus on his work.
5. What does Billy see in the Carlsbad Caverns when the lights are switched off?
(a) Nothing; he is left in total darkness
(b) The silhouette of the Ranger's hat
(c) His father's pocket watch glowing in the dark
(d) About a million bats falling out of an opening
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut compare Dresden to after it has been bombed?
2. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
3. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
4. Who is Wild Bob?
5. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)