|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wilbur is happy that Sophie never read what?
2. When Wilburn runs for president, what is his campaign slogan?
3. How does Wilbur learn of Eliza's trip to China?
4. What does Fu Manchu want from Wilbur?
5. Who does Dr. Mott quote on Wilbur's graduation card?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King of Lake Maxinkuckee want Wilbur to sign?
2. During their reunion, Wilbur and Eliza do what to their mother, the servants, and Mushari?
3. What happens to Wilbur the first time that gravity shifts?
4. What does a meeting at the Thirteen Club look like?
5. How are those with the same noun in their middle name related?
6. On his way to speak with the dead, why does Wilbur stop by Indianapolis?
7. Why does Sophie object to her new middle name?
8. What does Mashuri invent?
9. What is the new system for middle names?
10. After Eliza is released from the mental institution, how does she express her anger to her brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, the Chinese create inventions that could help Wilbur and Eliza resolve many of their physical and personal issues. These inventions are mentioned in passing. Select a moment in the text where one of these inventions are mentioned and analyze what this invention could resolve for Wilbur or Eliza.
Essay Topic 2
When disease hits the United States, the country experiences an apocalypse. Examine how the country returns to ways of ruling that are not advanced, such as creating territories ruled by Kings. Take a stand on whether or not this method is an improvement over the way things were, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Once the Green Death has hit Manhattan, the bar for knowledge drops substantially. Examine the lack of traditional intelligence in the futuristic United States, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)