|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilbur dislike about his life with the Raspberries?
2. What does Wilbur believe is responsible for most criminal activity?
3. How does Wilbur learn of Eliza's trip to China?
4. When does Wilbur learn of Eliza's death?
5. What is the universal middle name for slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King of Lake Maxinkuckee want Wilbur to sign?
2. Following the reunion orgy and separation from Wilbur, in what fashion does Eliza live her life?
3. Why is Rose unhappy with her marriage to Wilbur?
4. When Wilbur finishes speaking with Eliza in the afterlife, what does he plan to do and why?
5. Walter finds it disturbing to be around the religious members of the kidnapped Jesus cult for what reason?
6. During their reunion, Wilbur and Eliza do what to their mother, the servants, and Mushari?
7. After gravity shifts for the first time, everyone is crying for help. What does Wilbur do?
8. After Eliza is released from the mental institution, how does she express her anger to her brother?
9. When Wilbur attends a Daffodil meeting, what surprises him?
10. What causes the Green Death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Mott affects Wilbur's life in several different ways. Write an essay examining the impact Dr. Mott made on Wilbur's life.
1) What was Dr. Mott's role in Wilbur's life?
2) Why did Dr. Mott leave such a strong impression on Wilbur?
3) How does Dr. Mott shape Wilbur's future?
Essay Topic 2
When disease hits the United States, the country experiences an apocalypse. Examine how the country returns to ways of ruling that are not advanced, such as creating territories ruled by Kings. Take a stand on whether or not this method is an improvement over the way things were, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, the Chinese create inventions that could help Wilbur and Eliza resolve many of their physical and personal issues. These inventions are mentioned in passing. Select a moment in the text where one of these inventions are mentioned and analyze what this invention could resolve for Wilbur or Eliza.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)