|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moms make for breakfast?
2. What were the practices during the week like?
3. What did Karen ask Greg to do for her?
4. What did the team members start calling Greg after the first game?
5. What might prevent Greg from playing his sport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Greg's neighborhood like at night?
2. Why was Greg sent to the office?
3. What was Greg's neighborhood like during the day?
4. What was Karen sketching, and how did Greg feel about it?
5. Why were Greg and Mtisha concerned about Ice? What made them think he might be getting himself into trouble?
6. What kind of problems did Greg have in school?
7. Why is his grandmother in the hospital?
8. How did the team do against Regis? What did they think about Greg's playing?
9. What was the basketball team at Latimer like?
10. What was the relationship like between Greg and the coach of his basketball team?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Greg feel about his school, and what kind of school is it?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what happened during the first game at Regis. When did Greg play? How did he feel about it? What happened when he played?
Essay Topic 3
Ice's party is important to the story in a good way and in a bad way. What were the good and bad aspects of the party?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)