|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did the woman in the hospital give to Greg about his life?
2. How was the team doing during the first half of their first game?
3. How does Greg feel about confronting Ice?
4. What type of job did Pops have?
5. Why didn't Greg play much at Carver last season?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Karen sketching, and how did Greg feel about it?
2. How did Greg feel about his art lessons?
3. What was the relationship like between Greg and the coach of his basketball team?
4. How did the team do against Regis? What did they think about Greg's playing?
5. What did Nick think about the way that Greg played?
6. What was Greg's neighborhood like during the day?
7. How does his grandmother feel about his school work?
8. What kind of problems did Greg have in school?
9. What was the basketball team at Latimer like?
10. What was interfering with Greg's basketball playing at school, and how does he feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Greg's relationship with his grandmother. Why do you think the author added her to this story?
Essay Topic 2
Greg comes off really tough to most of his teammates, but he has a different relationship with Ducky. Describe his friendship with Ducky in great detail and explain how he helps Ducky.
Essay Topic 3
Goldy is often there to help Greg. Describe their relationship in detail and cite all the different ways Goldy helped Greg with tough issues in his life.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)