|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Greg feel about crack?
2. What did Greg think about his new school?
3. How did Greg feel about the thought of seeing his mother in the hospital dying?
4. How did students get to school?
5. What was Greg's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Derek involved in the film making? How does Greg feel about it?
2. What was Greg's neighborhood like at night?
3. How did the team do against Regis? What did they think about Greg's playing?
4. What were some of the things that Greg decided to film? How did the people around him react to the filming?
5. What type of school was Latimer?
6. What was Greg's neighborhood like during the day?
7. What was Karen sketching, and how did Greg feel about it?
8. How did Greg feel about going to the hospital?
9. What did Greg do when he went out with Ice after the Regis game? What was Ice showing off?
10. What was the relationship like between Greg and the coach of his basketball team?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Ice's actions and their great impact on Greg. How did Ice's actions change Greg in life and on the court?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Greg's relationship with his grandmother. Why do you think the author added her to this story?
Essay Topic 3
Greg comes off really tough to most of his teammates, but he has a different relationship with Ducky. Describe his friendship with Ducky in great detail and explain how he helps Ducky.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)