|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did The Guardians do?
(a) They tutored and counseled young African-Americans.
(b) They reunited families.
(c) They kept the streets safe.
(d) They scouted great basketball players.
2. Moms talks with Pops about ____________.
(a) Greg having a tutor.
(b) Becoming a Guardian.
(c) Getting a job.
(d) Becoming Greg's coach.
3. What advice did the woman in the hospital give to Greg about his life?
(a) Watch out for others.
(b) Don't let success go to his head.
(c) Succeed and win.
(d) She tells him to just deal with life - if he cares.
4. Whom is Greg visiting in the hospital?
(b) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
5. What type of film did Greg and his partner decide to do?
(a) An animation.
(b) A documentary.
(c) A drama.
(d) A comedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Derek want to do at 6:30 in the morning?
2. What happened to the teammates after the game?
3. Why does the woman say that she is in the hospital?
4. What person did Greg's coach asked him about?
5. What did Greg think when he was summoned to the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Karen sketching, and how did Greg feel about it?
2. What was the basketball team at Latimer like?
3. What was the relationship like between Greg and the coach of his basketball team?
4. How did Greg feel about going to the hospital?
5. What was Greg's neighborhood like at night?
6. Why is Greg so drawn to basketball?
7. What type of school was Latimer?
8. What was Greg's relationship with Mtisha like?
9. What was unique about the proposed tutor, and how did Greg react to him?
10. How is Derek involved in the film making? How does Greg feel about it?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)