|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What turned Nick away from Greg?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His poverty.
(c) His game.
(d) His drug habit.
2. Why was Mr. Harris in the office?
(a) He was recommending Greg for an award.
(b) He was getting some sad news.
(c) He was filling out the paperwork for Greg's award.
(d) He was trying to get Greg suspended.
3. How did Mtisha think Greg reacted to math?
(a) As if it were poison.
(b) As if it were a gift.
(c) As if he were scared of it.
(d) As if it made him sick.
4. How was Greg's team feeling by half time at the Trinity game?
(a) They were euphoric that they were so far ahead.
(b) They were happy because Nick was doing well.
(c) They were depressed because they were losing so badly.
(d) They were tense since the game was so close.
5. Why was Mtisha calling after the Carver game?
(a) To see how Greg was doing in math.
(b) To see if Greg was going to go with her to Ice's.
(c) To congratulate Greg on the game.
(d) To see how his grandmother was doing.
6. What was happening to the man on the street?
(a) He was having a heart attack.
(b) He was getting beaten up.
(c) He was getting arrested.
(d) He was putting on a show.
7. How did Ducky do in the game against Country Day?
(a) He had a new competence on the court.
(b) He finally got to Slam the ball.
(c) He played very poorly.
(d) He acted like he knew what he was doing.
8. How were the refs acting during the Carver game?
(a) They were calling every tiny little foul.
(b) They were favoring Carver.
(c) They were lenient, letting the guys play out.
(d) They were favoring Latimer.
9. What did Grandma want to talk to Moms about in private?
(a) She wanted to tell her where her jewelry was hidden.
(b) She wanted to talk about donating money for tutor.
(c) She wanted to talk about female issues.
(d) She wanted to talk about her medication plan.
10. Ice disappeared to ___________.
(a) The hallway.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The roof.
(d) He went to the store.
11. How did Greg feel about Derek?
(a) He didn't trust Derek.
(b) He thought his brother was pesky.
(c) He thought it was good to have a younger brother.
(d) He resented Derek for losing the camera.
12. Why was Grandma sent home from the hospital?
(a) The family couldn't afford the hospital bills.
(b) She wasn't doing worse or better.
(c) They decided to treat her condition nutritionally.
(d) They thought she had a bad attitude.
13. What plans did Greg have for the evening?
(a) He was going to a party at Ice's.
(b) He was having a special dinner with his family.
(c) Mtisha was making him dinner.
(d) He had a tutoring session with Mtisha.
14. Who turned in Greg's camera?
(a) A crackhead.
(d) A little kid.
15. What did Greg have to adjust before he played?
(a) His shorts.
(b) The score.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Greg's main opponent responding to their game?
2. Why did Greg feel hurt?
3. What did Greg want to do to Mr. Harris?
4. What happened to Greg and his opponent two minutes before the end of the game?
5. Greg compared crack to ______________.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)