|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Nick's father?
(a) He was sent to prison.
(b) He got a job as a coach.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He broke his arm.
2. How did Mtisha think Greg reacted to math?
(a) As if he were scared of it.
(b) As if it made him sick.
(c) As if it were a gift.
(d) As if it were poison.
3. How often did Grandma go to school when she was young?
(a) She went every other day, swapping with her sister.
(b) She wasn't allowed to go at all.
(c) Every month a year, but only for five years.
(d) Three months a year
4. How did Ice react when Greg confronted him about dealing drugs?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He said he couldn't get into trouble with his homies around him.
(c) He walked off.
(d) He laughed at the idea.
5. How did Greg feel about visiting Carver?
(a) He missed the creativity of his new school
(b) He wished he were back there.
(c) He didn't feel like he belonged there anymore.
(d) He loved it.
6. What was unusual about Derek when Greg went home?
(a) He had a limp.
(b) He had a fever.
(c) He was quieter than usual.
(d) He wouldn't stop talking.
7. Whom did Nick call the best player on the team?
8. Where did Greg go to find the camera?
(c) Carl's shop.
(d) Ice's home.
9. What was Trinity's weakness?
(a) They weren't strong.
(b) They couldn't follow through on their strategies.
(c) They didn't run well.
(d) They were too arrogant.
10. What did Mtisha get for Greg?
(a) A cool jacket.
(b) His video camera.
(c) A ring.
(d) A ticket to a game.
11. Greg compared crack to ______________.
(a) A vibrant party.
(b) A long, dark tunnel.
(c) A playground slide.
(d) Having AIDS.
12. How was Greg's team feeling by half time at the Trinity game?
(a) They were depressed because they were losing so badly.
(b) They were euphoric that they were so far ahead.
(c) They were happy because Nick was doing well.
(d) They were tense since the game was so close.
13. Why was Grandma sent home from the hospital?
(a) They thought she had a bad attitude.
(b) She wasn't doing worse or better.
(c) They decided to treat her condition nutritionally.
(d) The family couldn't afford the hospital bills.
14. What did Carver's center do to Jimmy?
(a) Verbally taunted him about his parents.
(b) He spat on him.
(c) Tripped him.
(d) Grabbed him by the throat.
15. How did Greg feel about his confrontation with Ice?
(a) He wished he had been more honest.
(b) He was beyond hurt.
(c) He wished he hadn't been so honest.
(d) He felt relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Greg want to do to Mr. Harris?
2. How did Greg respond to his opponent's taunting during the game?
3. Why was Derek depressed?
4. Why did Derek buy more videotape?
5. What did Pops think of Greg's game?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)