|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defended Greg to Parrish?
(a) The kids.
2. What were Moms and Pops fighting about?
(a) College choices.
(b) Basketball strategies.
(c) The tutor.
3. How was Greg's team feeling by half time at the Trinity game?
(a) They were tense since the game was so close.
(b) They were euphoric that they were so far ahead.
(c) They were happy because Nick was doing well.
(d) They were depressed because they were losing so badly.
4. What happened to Nick's father?
(a) He was sent to prison.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He broke his arm.
(d) He got a job as a coach.
5. What turned Nick away from Greg?
(a) His drug habit.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His poverty.
(d) His game.
6. What was unusual about Derek when Greg went home?
(a) He had a limp.
(b) He had a fever.
(c) He wouldn't stop talking.
(d) He was quieter than usual.
7. How did Ducky do in the game against Country Day?
(a) He acted like he knew what he was doing.
(b) He had a new competence on the court.
(c) He played very poorly.
(d) He finally got to Slam the ball.
8. Why did Greg like taking the bus to games?
(a) It gave them time to plan the strategies before the game.
(b) It gave him a quiet time with his teammates.
(c) He loved how everyone looked at him when he got off.
(d) It gave him time to rest.
9. How was Greg's main opponent responding to their game?
(a) He was impressed.
(b) He was getting mad.
(c) He upped his own game.
(d) He taunted them.
10. What was the strategy for beating Carver, according to Greg?
(a) They had to get the ball to him.
(b) They had to knock out Brothers.
(c) They had to work as a team.
(d) They had to knock out Ice.
11. What plans did Greg have for the evening?
(a) He was going to a party at Ice's.
(b) He had a tutoring session with Mtisha.
(c) He was having a special dinner with his family.
(d) Mtisha was making him dinner.
12. Greg compared crack to ______________.
(a) A long, dark tunnel.
(b) A vibrant party.
(c) Having AIDS.
(d) A playground slide.
13. What happened to Greg's team's attitude during the second half?
(a) They became overconfident.
(b) They started to get nervous.
(c) They regained their confidence.
(d) They became depressed.
14. How does Greg feel about fighting Nick?
(a) It scares him.
(b) He doesn't really want to.
(c) He knows he can stomp the other boy.
(d) He has been waiting for the chance.
15. How did Greg feel watching the game at Carver?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mtisha think Greg reacted to math?
2. Ice disappeared to ___________.
3. How did Greg feel about playing against Brothers?
4. What was it like playing against Ice?
5. When were Carver and Latimer playing each other again?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)