|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Greg think about hospitals?
(a) He thought they were filled with quacks.
(b) He was very thankful they were there.
(c) He didn't like them.
(d) He appreciated the calm atmosphere inside them.
2. What did Greg think about his own scholastic abilities?
(a) He thought school was really easy.
(b) He though he would do well if he really tried.
(c) He could cheat his way through.
(d) He didn't think he was very smart.
3. What kind of basketball players were at the Y?
(a) Aggressive ones.
(b) Really good ones .
(c) Those who wanted to play but really couldn't.
(d) Mediocre ones.
4. What did Greg do to show Mtisha how sorry he was?
(a) He wrote her a poem.
(b) He bought her flowers.
(c) He got down on his knees and apologized.
(d) He cried.
5. How did Greg react when Mtisha refused to accept his apology?
(a) He became angry and slammed the door and her face.
(b) He bombarded her with notes of apology.
(c) He told her that she was a loser and walked out.
(d) He decided to put her out of his life.
6. How does Ducky act when he's on the court?
(b) He freezes.
7. How did Greg feel when he was on the court?
(a) Like he could fly.
(b) Really, really good.
8. What did Greg confess to Mtisha?
(a) He is selling drugs.
(b) He isn't doing anything right in his life.
(c) He is becoming an addict.
(d) He really doesn't like hanging out with Ice.
9. What was Greg's dream?
(a) To become a coach.
(b) To make basketball movies.
(c) To become an artist.
(d) To play for the NBA.
10. What person did Greg's coach asked him about?
(a) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
11. How old was Derek?
12. How does Greg feel about confronting Ice?
(a) He doesn't want to confront Ice.
(b) He agrees to think about it.
(c) He is eager to set his friend straight.
(d) He refuses to confront him.
13. Whom is Greg visiting in the hospital?
(a) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
14. What advice did the woman in the hospital give to Greg about his life?
(a) Succeed and win.
(b) Watch out for others.
(c) Don't let success go to his head.
(d) She tells him to just deal with life - if he cares.
15. What did Mtisha tell Greg not to do?
(a) Get a tutor.
(c) Quit the team.
(d) Fall in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class did Greg do well in?
2. What type of team does Latimer have?
3. What physical disability did Trip's other have?
4. How did Mtisha's mom respond to Greg's request to talk with her daughter?
5. What is Greg's neighborhood like at night?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)