|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Greg feel about having a tutor?
(a) He refused to consider the idea and walked out.
(b) He liked he idea and looked forward to starting.
(c) He didn't like the idea.
(d) He thought it was a great idea, but didn't like the man they paired him with.
2. Mtisha offers to help Greg with ______________.
(a) His dribbling.
(b) His relationship with Ice.
(c) His movie.
(d) His math.
3. How did students get to school?
(a) Bus and train.
(b) They walked.
(d) Their parents drove them.
4. What type of job did Pops have?
(a) He didn't have a job since he had been laid off.
(d) Cab driver.
5. What did Greg think about his own scholastic abilities?
(a) He thought school was really easy.
(b) He didn't think he was very smart.
(c) He though he would do well if he really tried.
(d) He could cheat his way through.
6. What did Greg confess to Mtisha?
(a) He really doesn't like hanging out with Ice.
(b) He is selling drugs.
(c) He is becoming an addict.
(d) He isn't doing anything right in his life.
7. How does Ducky act when he's on the court?
(d) He freezes.
8. What position did Greg play?
9. How did Greg feel about history class?
(a) He thought it was very exciting.
(b) He thought it was boring and made no difference.
(c) He loved the war stories.
(d) He felt very connected to the past.
10. What kind of basketball players were at the Y?
(a) Those who wanted to play but really couldn't.
(b) Really good ones .
(c) Mediocre ones.
(d) Aggressive ones.
11. Where was Mtisha planning to go?
(b) On vacation.
(c) To work.
(d) To Latimer.
12. What might prevent Greg from playing his sport?
(a) His job.
(b) His low grades.
(c) His ankle injury.
(d) His arm injury.
13. What kind of car did Ice drive after the game?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A Porsche.
(c) A Honda.
(d) A silver Benz.
14. What did Moms want to put on Derek's face?
(c) Coconut oil.
15. What physical disability did Trip's other have?
(a) He was deaf.
(b) He was missing an arm.
(c) He was missing a leg.
(d) He was blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did the woman in the hospital give to Greg about his life?
2. How did Mtisha's mom respond to Greg's request to talk with her daughter?
3. How did Greg feel about crack?
4. How does Margie view Greg's neighborhood?
5. What were the practices during the week like?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)