|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened during the first game after Greg had been put in?
(a) He was injured.
(b) His teammates turned on him.
(c) The other team stepped up their game.
(d) They came back and won the game.
2. How did Greg actually do on his math test?
(a) He got 105 with the bonus questions.
(b) He failed it by one point.
(c) He passed it by one point.
(d) The teacher struggled to give him a 34.
3. Who was Greg's close friend since he was little?
4. What advice did the woman in the hospital give to Greg about his life?
(a) Don't let success go to his head.
(b) She tells him to just deal with life - if he cares.
(c) Succeed and win.
(d) Watch out for others.
5. How many teams were in their division?
6. How was the team doing during the first half of their first game?
(a) They were embarrassing themselves with their ineptitude.
(b) They were slowly but surely edging ahead.
(c) They were stomping the other team.
(d) They were falling behind rapidly.
7. What kind of basketball players were at the Y?
(a) Aggressive ones.
(b) Really good ones .
(c) Those who wanted to play but really couldn't.
(d) Mediocre ones.
8. What did The Guardians do?
(a) They tutored and counseled young African-Americans.
(b) They kept the streets safe.
(c) They scouted great basketball players.
(d) They reunited families.
9. What type of team does Latimer have?
(a) A strong team.
(b) A losing team.
(c) A muscular team.
(d) A tall team.
10. How did Greg feel about having a tutor?
(a) He liked he idea and looked forward to starting.
(b) He thought it was a great idea, but didn't like the man they paired him with.
(c) He refused to consider the idea and walked out.
(d) He didn't like the idea.
11. What problem does Greg have on the court according to his coach?
(a) He is too slow.
(b) He has to learn to control his temper.
(c) He is too short.
(d) He is not a team player.
12. What happened to Greg's social status after the game?
(a) The students shunned him.
(b) The students respected him.
(c) The students laughed at him.
(d) He became quite popular.
13. With what teammate did the coach have Greg play one-on-one?
14. What did Moms make for breakfast?
(a) A feast.
15. How does Margie view Greg's neighborhood?
(a) She doesn't say anything about it.
(b) She is in awe of the posh surroundings.
(c) She thinks he lives in the ghetto.
(d) She says it is just like her neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Greg think about hospitals?
2. What does the woman in the hospital want to see when Greg has completed it?
3. How did Greg react when Mtisha refused to accept his apology?
4. Why didn't Greg play much at Carver last season?
5. What was Karen drawing?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)