|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice did the woman in the hospital give to Greg about his life?
(a) Don't let success go to his head.
(b) Watch out for others.
(c) She tells him to just deal with life - if he cares.
(d) Succeed and win.
2. How did Greg feel about history class?
(a) He loved the war stories.
(b) He thought it was boring and made no difference.
(c) He felt very connected to the past.
(d) He thought it was very exciting.
3. How did Greg feel about having a tutor?
(a) He liked he idea and looked forward to starting.
(b) He didn't like the idea.
(c) He thought it was a great idea, but didn't like the man they paired him with.
(d) He refused to consider the idea and walked out.
4. What did Ice want to buy?
(a) A beeper.
(b) A car.
(c) Some textbooks.
5. With whom is Greg in love?
6. What happened when Greg went to tryouts?
(a) He was late.
(b) He wowed the coach with his fine manners.
(c) He fell and hurt his ankle.
(d) He blew everyone away with his talents.
7. Mtisha thought Ice was getting involved with ____________.
(a) A gang.
(b) A study club.
(c) Another basketball team.
8. How does Pops really feel about the idea of Greg having a tutor?
(a) He is worried about how they're going to afford it.
(b) He thinks it's a great idea.
(c) He doesn't like the idea.
(d) He wants to tutor his son himself.
9. With what teammate did the coach have Greg play one-on-one?
10. How does Greg feel about confronting Ice?
(a) He refuses to confront him.
(b) He agrees to think about it.
(c) He doesn't want to confront Ice.
(d) He is eager to set his friend straight.
11. What did Greg think about his new school?
(a) He loved their basketball team.
(b) He though the kids were too standoffish.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He wanted to stick with it.
12. How did Greg feel when he was on the court?
(b) Like he could fly.
(c) Really, really good.
13. What did Greg think about hospitals?
(a) He appreciated the calm atmosphere inside them.
(b) He didn't like them.
(c) He thought they were filled with quacks.
(d) He was very thankful they were there.
14. Mtisha offers to help Greg with ______________.
(a) His dribbling.
(b) His movie.
(c) His relationship with Ice.
(d) His math.
15. What is really wrong with the woman in the hospital?
(a) She has a tumor that's spreading.
(b) She has pneumonia.
(c) They don't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Greg feel about the thought of seeing his mother in the hospital dying?
2. What did the team members start calling Greg after the first game?
3. How did Greg feel about Ice?
4. What happened to Greg's social status after the game?
5. What did Greg do to show Mtisha how sorry he was?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)