|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says at the end of Chapter 8, "I haven't anything" after they state that they hope all young people aren't like them?
(b) The nurse.
(c) The boy with the book.
(d) The preacher.
2. What rises out of Mama's coat while she warms herself at the heater inside the cafe?
(b) Her handkerchief.
(d) Her hands.
3. Where is the heater inside the cafe?
(a) Against the wall.
(b) By the kitchen.
(c) Against a cabinet.
(d) By the front door.
4. What color is the heater inside the cafe?
5. Who says, "done forgot the heart absolutely" when someone else in the office suggests that men should listen to their heads and not their hearts?
(b) The boy with the book.
(c) The woman with the two sweaters.
(d) The nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. While James and his Mama are walking away from the dentist's office for the second time, what does James see bouncing?
2. What does Mama say when James sniffs while they are walking in the cold?
3. What time is it on the clock that James sees at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 9 how many men are standing around the heater in the store?
5. What does James hear as he and Mama are walking from the dentist's office for the second time?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)