|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office wearing?
(a) A furry coat.
(b) A suit.
(c) A gentleman's hat.
(d) A plaid shirt.
2. Why is the dentist's office waiting room full of smoke?
(a) Because there is a candle burning in every corner of the room.
(b) Because there is a fire burning in the empty field.
(c) Because the fireplace is stopped up.
(d) Because there are two men smoking pipes.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James says he knows they are going somewhere. Where are they going?
(a) To the store again.
(b) To the bus station.
(d) To the place where the colored people eat.
4. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office holding?
(a) A newpaper.
(b) A dog.
(c) A book.
5. Who says, "I'm questioning the world" while waiting in the dentist's office after someone states that they are mad at the world?
(b) The preacher.
(c) The young black man with the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color of coat does James want to get for his Mama?
2. The preacher claims that because of what has happened to the young black man's mom and dad, the young man is what?
3. In the opening of Chapter 10, what building does James see a clock on?
4. What are the people wearing that are coming into the office in Chapter 8?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states he can stand being what?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)