|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do when she gets out the handkerchief from beneath her coat at the cafe?
(a) She counts her money.
(b) She sneezes into it.
(c) She wipes her brow.
(d) She folds it up to put on the counter.
2. What do James and Mama do after seeing what time it is on the clock that James sees in Chapter 10?
(a) They sit down on the steps.
(b) They go stand beside a building.
(c) They go eat.
(d) They decide to window shop.
3. Who says, "things change through action. By no other way." while they wait in the dentist's office and speak to the lady in the sweater?
(b) The boy with the book.
(c) The nurse.
4. What choice does Mama ask James to make after they can't go inside the dentist's office?
(a) Whether he wants to get his tooth pulled or just go home.
(b) Whether he wants to eat at home or in town.
(c) Whether he wants to keep his gloves on or give them to a child.
(d) Whether he wants to eat and walk back or not eat and ride back.
5. Who comes out of the dentist office with John Lee?
(a) The dentist.
(b) The nurse.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hits James' cap while he and Mama are walking outside?
2. James explains to the reader in Chapter 10 that Mama doesn't like James to do what?
3. Who calls someone else into the back of the dentist's office?
4. In Chapter 11, James states that his hands are so cold that he can't hold what?
5. What time is it on the clock that James sees at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)