|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color of coat does James want to get for his Mama?
2. What does the lady in the cafe put down on the counter?
(a) Bread and syrup.
(b) Warm milk and cookies.
(c) Cakes and a glass of milk.
(d) Ham and eggs.
3. Why is the dentist's office waiting room full of smoke?
(a) Because there is a candle burning in every corner of the room.
(b) Because there is a fire burning in the empty field.
(c) Because the fireplace is stopped up.
(d) Because there are two men smoking pipes.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states that he can't stand being what?
5. What color is the heater inside the cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter 10, what building does James see a clock on?
2. After Mama and James leave the store and are walking at the end of Chapter 9, what does James try to prevent Mama from hearing?
3. The nurse claims that the dentist will not see any more patients until what time?
4. Who says, "so now we the ignorant" after they were accused of believing in God because a man told them to believe in God?
5. What does the young black man waiting in the dentist's office say should be questioned?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)