|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While James is walking with his Mama from the dentist's office In Chapter 11, who does he think about that can make everyone laugh?
2. What does James say when Mama asks him if he needs to make water?
(a) "Yes, certainly".
(b) "I already went".
(c) "Just a little".
(d) "No Ma'am".
3. What does Mama do when she gets out the handkerchief from beneath her coat at the cafe?
(a) She counts her money.
(b) She wipes her brow.
(c) She sneezes into it.
(d) She folds it up to put on the counter.
4. What rises out of Mama's coat while she warms herself at the heater inside the cafe?
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her handkerchief.
5. What does James decide he's going to do in Chapter 11 so he can get his Mama a coat?
(a) Deliver mail.
(b) Save money.
(c) Pick cotton.
(d) Clean pig pens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the young black man with the book claim the grass is?
2. What does Mama ask to see in the store in Chapter 9?
3. What does the preacher say him and the young lady were talking about?
4. The sleet is hitting against the wall like what?
5. What does the lady in the cafe put down on the counter?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)