|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The preacher claims that because of what has happened to the young black man's mom and dad, the young man is what?
(c) Mad at the world.
(d) Sad and lonely.
2. What choice does Mama ask James to make after they can't go inside the dentist's office?
(a) Whether he wants to keep his gloves on or give them to a child.
(b) Whether he wants to eat and walk back or not eat and ride back.
(c) Whether he wants to get his tooth pulled or just go home.
(d) Whether he wants to eat at home or in town.
3. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office holding?
(b) A newpaper.
(c) A book.
(d) A dog.
4. What person in the cafe says, "some pimp"?
(b) The little man.
(d) The woman behind the counter.
5. What does James decide he's going to do in Chapter 11 so he can get his Mama a coat?
(a) Save money.
(b) Pick cotton.
(c) Deliver mail.
(d) Clean pig pens.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states that he can't stand being what?
2. What does Mama do when she gets out the handkerchief from beneath her coat at the cafe?
3. Who says, "done forgot the heart absolutely" when someone else in the office suggests that men should listen to their heads and not their hearts?
4. What does the young black man that is arguing with the preacher say about his Pa?
5. What does the boy with the book blame for the fact that he doesn't believe in God?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)