|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mama and James leave the dentist's office and go outside, where do they stand?
(a) By a river.
(b) On the road.
(c) On the steps.
(d) Against the wall.
2. What rises out of Mama's coat while she warms herself at the heater inside the cafe?
(a) Her hands.
(c) Her handkerchief.
3. What does the boy with the book blame for the fact that he doesn't believe in God?
(a) That the wait for the dentist is too long.
(b) That books are hard to read.
(c) That he was born too late.
(d) That everything is evil in the world.
4. What does Mama do when she gets out the handkerchief from beneath her coat at the cafe?
(a) She wipes her brow.
(b) She sneezes into it.
(c) She folds it up to put on the counter.
(d) She counts her money.
5. What does Mama's coat smell like?
(a) A wet dog.
(b) Horse dung.
(c) Pig slop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young black man waiting in the dentist's office say should be questioned?
2. Who comes out of the dentist office with John Lee?
3. What does the young black man that is arguing with the preacher say about his Pa?
4. What does Mama ask to see in the store in Chapter 9?
5. How many people are in the café that Mama and James stop at?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)