|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James decide he's going to do in Chapter 11 so he can get his Mama a coat?
(a) Save money.
(b) Pick cotton.
(c) Deliver mail.
(d) Clean pig pens.
2. Where is the heater inside the cafe?
(a) By the kitchen.
(b) Against the wall.
(c) By the front door.
(d) Against a cabinet.
3. What person in the cafe says, "some pimp"?
(b) The little man.
(c) The woman behind the counter.
4. While James and his Mama are walking, James said he'd be happy if it was what all the time?
5. While James and his Mama are walking away from the dentist's office for the second time, what does James see bouncing?
(a) A ball that a dog is chasing.
(b) Rocks that a boy is throwing.
(c) The sleet.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mama and James leave the dentist's office and go outside, where do they stand?
2. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office wearing?
3. What color of overcoat does the little boy have on that James sees while he and Mama walk away from the dentist's office?
4. What does Mama ask James after they get back to the office in Chapter 10?
5. What color of sweater is the woman that is waiting in the dentist's office next to James and his Mama wearing under her black sweater?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)