|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama ask to see in the store in Chapter 9?
(b) Ax handles.
(c) Chicken feed.
(d) Flour bags.
2. In Chapter 11, James states that his hands are so cold that he can't hold what?
(a) His coat.
(b) An axe.
(c) His cap.
(d) His handkerchief.
3. Where is the heater inside the cafe?
(a) Against the wall.
(b) By the kitchen.
(c) Against a cabinet.
(d) By the front door.
4. What does the boy with the book blame for the fact that he doesn't believe in God?
(a) That books are hard to read.
(b) That he was born too late.
(c) That the wait for the dentist is too long.
(d) That everything is evil in the world.
5. What does Mama's coat smell like?
(a) Pig slop.
(c) A wet dog.
(d) Horse dung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James think is the occupation of the young black man in the dentist's waiting room?
2. After Mama and James leave the store and are walking at the end of Chapter 9, what does James try to prevent Mama from hearing?
3. James is so cold by the end of Chapter 10 that he wants to do what?
4. What store does Mama and James enter to get out of the cold?
5. Who puts something in their mouth and keeps turning and turning it while they wait at the dentist's office?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)