|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states he can stand being what?
2. What does Mama have to eat at the cafe?
(a) Bread and water.
3. Who says, "things change through action. By no other way." while they wait in the dentist's office and speak to the lady in the sweater?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The boy with the book.
4. James is so cold by the end of Chapter 10 that he wants to do what?
5. What choice does Mama ask James to make after they can't go inside the dentist's office?
(a) Whether he wants to eat and walk back or not eat and ride back.
(b) Whether he wants to eat at home or in town.
(c) Whether he wants to keep his gloves on or give them to a child.
(d) Whether he wants to get his tooth pulled or just go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama's coat smell like?
2. When James looks at his Mama at the beginning of Chapter 10, what does he want to do?
3. Who says, "so now we the ignorant" after they were accused of believing in God because a man told them to believe in God?
4. What color is the heater inside the cafe?
5. What color does the young black man with the book claim the grass is?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)