|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do with her money?
(a) She stirs it around with her finger.
(b) She drops it.
(c) She gives it to James.
(d) She puts it in her pocket.
2. Who comes out of the dentist office with John Lee?
(a) The nurse.
(b) His mother.
(d) The dentist.
3. What happens to James when he sees a coat while he and Mama walk past the boy in the brown coat and past the store windows?
(a) He tells Mama he likes it.
(b) He gets cold.
(c) He gets warm.
(d) He wants one just like it.
4. When Mama and James leave the dentist's office and go outside, where do they stand?
(a) By a river.
(b) On the steps.
(c) On the road.
(d) Against the wall.
5. What does James do when he feels something hit his cap?
(a) He jumps.
(b) He takes off his cap.
(c) He throws his cap.
(d) He looks up to the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 10, what can't James feel because he's so cold?
2. What does the preacher say him and the young lady were talking about?
3. Who says, "things change through action. By no other way." while they wait in the dentist's office and speak to the lady in the sweater?
4. Who enters the waiting room at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What color does the young black man with the book claim the wind is?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)