|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rises out of Mama's coat while she warms herself at the heater inside the cafe?
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her handkerchief.
2. Where does the young black man that is arguing with the preacher say his mom is?
(a) On a boat.
(b) At home in bed.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In a graveyard.
3. What does James hear as he and Mama are walking from the dentist's office for the second time?
(a) Children playing.
(b) The wind in his ears.
(c) A baby crying.
(d) A bell.
4. In the opening of Chapter 10, what building does James see a clock on?
(a) The office.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The post office.
(d) The general store.
5. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office wearing?
(a) A gentleman's hat.
(b) A suit.
(c) A furry coat.
(d) A plaid shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama say when James sniffs while they are walking in the cold?
2. What does the young black man that is arguing with the preacher say about his Pa?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states he can stand being what?
4. While James is walking with his Mama from the dentist's office In Chapter 11, who does he think about that can make everyone laugh?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states that he can't stand being what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)