|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young black man waiting in the dentist's office say should be questioned?
(a) The doctor.
(c) The sky.
(d) White people.
2. Why is the dentist's office waiting room full of smoke?
(a) Because there are two men smoking pipes.
(b) Because the fireplace is stopped up.
(c) Because there is a candle burning in every corner of the room.
(d) Because there is a fire burning in the empty field.
3. What do James and Mama do after seeing what time it is on the clock that James sees in Chapter 10?
(a) They go stand beside a building.
(b) They go eat.
(c) They sit down on the steps.
(d) They decide to window shop.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states he can stand being what?
5. In Chapter 9 how many men are standing around the heater in the store?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "done forgot the heart absolutely" when someone else in the office suggests that men should listen to their heads and not their hearts?
2. What hits James' cap while he and Mama are walking outside?
3. What choice does Mama ask James to make after they can't go inside the dentist's office?
4. When James and Mama get back to the dentist's office, what can't they do?
5. James is so cold by the end of Chapter 10 that he wants to do what?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)