|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say when James sniffs while they are walking in the cold?
(b) "That rag".
(c) "It's too cold, right?".
(d) "Wipe your nose, son".
2. What does James decide he's going to do in Chapter 11 so he can get his Mama a coat?
(a) Save money.
(b) Deliver mail.
(c) Pick cotton.
(d) Clean pig pens.
3. Who says, "so now we the ignorant" after they were accused of believing in God because a man told them to believe in God?
(a) The boy.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The preacher.
4. Why is the dentist's office waiting room full of smoke?
(a) Because there is a fire burning in the empty field.
(b) Because there is a candle burning in every corner of the room.
(c) Because there are two men smoking pipes.
(d) Because the fireplace is stopped up.
5. Who enters the waiting room at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The preacher.
(c) The dentist.
(d) The man with the black top hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do James and Mama have to walk across to get to the café?
2. Who calls someone else into the back of the dentist's office?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states he can stand being what?
4. What does the young black man that is arguing with the preacher say about his Pa?
5. What color of sweater is the woman that is waiting in the dentist's office next to James and his Mama wearing under her black sweater?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)