|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James say when Mama asks him if he needs to make water?
(a) "Yes, certainly".
(b) "Just a little".
(c) "No Ma'am".
(d) "I already went".
2. What does Mama ask James after they get back to the office in Chapter 10?
(a) If he is ready to ride the bus.
(b) If he is cold.
(c) If he wants to get his tooth pulled.
(d) If he's hungry.
3. What do James and Mama have to walk across to get to the café?
(a) Railroad tracks.
(b) A dusty road.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A stream.
4. What color does the young black man with the book claim the grass is?
5. While James is walking with his Mama from the dentist's office In Chapter 11, who does he think about that can make everyone laugh?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out of the dentist office with John Lee?
2. What does James decide he's going to do in Chapter 11 so he can get his Mama a coat?
3. Why is the dentist's office waiting room full of smoke?
4. What does Mama do when she gets out the handkerchief from beneath her coat at the cafe?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James says he knows they are going somewhere. Where are they going?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)