|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles does James have to walk to school?
(b) One and one half.
(d) Three and one half.
2. Who says, "done forgot the heart absolutely" when someone else in the office suggests that men should listen to their heads and not their hearts?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The boy with the book.
(d) The woman with the two sweaters.
3. In Chapter 11, James states that his hands are so cold that he can't hold what?
(a) His handkerchief.
(b) His coat.
(c) His cap.
(d) An axe.
4. What color is the heater inside the cafe?
5. At the end of Chapter 10, what can't James feel because he's so cold?
(a) His toes.
(b) His whole face.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do when he feels something hit his cap?
2. Who says at the end of Chapter 8, "I haven't anything" after they state that they hope all young people aren't like them?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states that he can't stand being what?
4. What rises out of Mama's coat while she warms herself at the heater inside the cafe?
5. What color of coat does James want to get for his Mama?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)