|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When James looks at his Mama at the beginning of Chapter 10, what does he want to do?
(a) Stand close to her.
(b) Sing to her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Hug her.
2. Who comes out of the dentist office with John Lee?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The dentist.
(d) His mother.
3. What does the young black man waiting in the dentist's office say should be questioned?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The sky.
(c) White people.
4. Who says, "I'm questioning the world" while waiting in the dentist's office after someone states that they are mad at the world?
(b) The young black man with the book.
(d) The preacher.
5. What do James and Mama have to walk across to get to the café?
(a) A dusty road.
(b) A stream.
(c) A bridge.
(d) Railroad tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mama and James leave the dentist's office and go outside, where do they stand?
2. What does Mama say when James sniffs while they are walking in the cold?
3. What does Mama ask to see in the store in Chapter 9?
4. Who says, "nurse, I have to go back in the field this evening" after finding out that the dentist is not taking anymore patients until after lunch?
5. What does the boy with the book blame for the fact that he doesn't believe in God?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)