|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people wearing that are coming into the office in Chapter 8?
(a) Top hats.
(b) Fake smiles.
(c) Big coats.
(d) Black boots.
2. While James and his Mama are walking, James said he'd be happy if it was what all the time?
3. What does James think is the occupation of the young black man in the dentist's waiting room?
4. Who calls someone else into the back of the dentist's office?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The man with a walking stick.
(d) The dentist.
5. What does James hear as he and Mama are walking from the dentist's office for the second time?
(a) A bell.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) The wind in his ears.
(d) Children playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. James explains to the reader in Chapter 10 that Mama doesn't like James to do what?
2. Who says, "nurse, I have to go back in the field this evening" after finding out that the dentist is not taking anymore patients until after lunch?
3. What color of coat does James want to get for his Mama?
4. What does Mama ask James after they get back to the office in Chapter 10?
5. What happens to James when he sees a coat while he and Mama walk past the boy in the brown coat and past the store windows?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)