|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states that he can't stand being what?
2. Who says, "nurse, I have to go back in the field this evening" after finding out that the dentist is not taking anymore patients until after lunch?
(a) The boy with the book.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The man smoking a pipe.
3. What color of sweater is the woman that is waiting in the dentist's office next to James and his Mama wearing under her black sweater?
4. What does James say when Mama asks him if he needs to make water?
(a) "I already went".
(b) "Just a little".
(c) "No Ma'am".
(d) "Yes, certainly".
5. While James and his Mama are walking away from the dentist's office for the second time, what does James see bouncing?
(a) A ball that a dog is chasing.
(b) The sleet.
(c) A bird.
(d) Rocks that a boy is throwing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people wearing that are coming into the office in Chapter 8?
2. When Mama and James leave the dentist's office and go outside, where do they stand?
3. Who enters the waiting room at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What does James hear as he and Mama are walking from the dentist's office for the second time?
5. What rises out of Mama's coat while she warms herself at the heater inside the cafe?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)