|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to James when he sees a coat while he and Mama walk past the boy in the brown coat and past the store windows?
(a) He wants one just like it.
(b) He gets cold.
(c) He tells Mama he likes it.
(d) He gets warm.
2. What store does Mama and James enter to get out of the cold?
(a) Lee's tack and feed.
(b) Mike's fix-it shop.
(c) Arnold's grocer.
(d) David's hardware store.
3. What color of coat does James want to get for his Mama?
4. Who says, "I'm questioning the world" while waiting in the dentist's office after someone states that they are mad at the world?
(b) The young black man with the book.
(d) The preacher.
5. When James looks at his Mama at the beginning of Chapter 10, what does he want to do?
(a) Sing to her.
(b) Stand close to her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Hug her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office holding?
2. While James is walking with his Mama from the dentist's office In Chapter 11, who does he think about that can make everyone laugh?
3. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office wearing?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, James states he can stand being what?
5. Who calls someone else into the back of the dentist's office?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)