|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in the cafe drop in the jukebox?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A dime.
(d) A penny.
2. Who says at the end of Chapter 8, "I haven't anything" after they state that they hope all young people aren't like them?
(b) The boy with the book.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The nurse.
3. While James and his Mama are walking, James said he'd be happy if it was what all the time?
4. What does Mama do with her money?
(a) She puts it in her pocket.
(b) She gives it to James.
(c) She stirs it around with her finger.
(d) She drops it.
5. Who says, "things change through action. By no other way." while they wait in the dentist's office and speak to the lady in the sweater?
(c) The boy with the book.
(d) The nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "done forgot the heart absolutely" when someone else in the office suggests that men should listen to their heads and not their hearts?
2. What choice does Mama ask James to make after they can't go inside the dentist's office?
3. James is so cold by the end of Chapter 10 that he wants to do what?
4. James explains to the reader in Chapter 10 that Mama doesn't like James to do what?
5. What rises out of Mama's coat while she warms herself at the heater inside the cafe?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)