|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says at the end of Chapter 8, "I haven't anything" after they state that they hope all young people aren't like them?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The preacher.
(d) The boy with the book.
2. What choice does Mama ask James to make after they can't go inside the dentist's office?
(a) Whether he wants to eat at home or in town.
(b) Whether he wants to keep his gloves on or give them to a child.
(c) Whether he wants to eat and walk back or not eat and ride back.
(d) Whether he wants to get his tooth pulled or just go home.
3. Who says, "things change through action. By no other way." while they wait in the dentist's office and speak to the lady in the sweater?
(b) The boy with the book.
(d) The nurse.
4. When Mama and James leave the dentist's office and go outside, where do they stand?
(a) On the steps.
(b) By a river.
(c) On the road.
(d) Against the wall.
5. What does Mama ask to see in the store in Chapter 9?
(a) Chicken feed.
(c) Ax handles.
(d) Flour bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. When James looks at his Mama at the beginning of Chapter 10, what does he want to do?
2. Why is the dentist's office waiting room full of smoke?
3. After Mama and James leave the store and are walking at the end of Chapter 9, what does James try to prevent Mama from hearing?
4. While James and his Mama are walking away from the dentist's office for the second time, what does James see bouncing?
5. What does the preacher say him and the young lady were talking about?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)