|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color of overcoat does the little boy have on that James sees while he and Mama walk away from the dentist's office?
2. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office wearing?
(a) A gentleman's hat.
(b) A plaid shirt.
(c) A suit.
(d) A furry coat.
3. While James and his Mama are walking away from the dentist's office for the second time, what does James see bouncing?
(a) Rocks that a boy is throwing.
(b) A ball that a dog is chasing.
(c) A bird.
(d) The sleet.
4. What are the people wearing that are coming into the office in Chapter 8?
(a) Top hats.
(b) Black boots.
(c) Fake smiles.
(d) Big coats.
5. In Chapter 11, James states that his hands are so cold that he can't hold what?
(a) His cap.
(b) An axe.
(c) His coat.
(d) His handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do when he feels something hit his cap?
2. What do James and Mama have to walk across to get to the café?
3. While James is walking with his Mama from the dentist's office In Chapter 11, who does he think about that can make everyone laugh?
4. While James is walking, he thinks about Ty playing with Monsieur Bayonne's guitar; when Ty played with Monsieur Bayonne's guitar what happened?
5. Who says, "done forgot the heart absolutely" when someone else in the office suggests that men should listen to their heads and not their hearts?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)