Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mama "get" the bird to kill it?
(a) The head.
(b) The body.
(c) The neck.
(d) The leg.
2. What does the lady on the bus offer James?
(a) A dime.
(b) A penny.
(c) An apple.
(d) A piece of gum.
3. James tells the reader while he is watching the scenery outside that the river is what?
4. What did the bird do when James reached in further to grab him?
(a) He lay down like he was dead.
(b) He flew away.
(c) He pecked James' hand.
(d) He "screamed" at James.
5. How much money will Mama have left over after paying for travel and cost of pulling a tooth?
(a) Twenty five cents.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Two dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James pretend he's not scared of?
2. Why does James pretend that he is still asleep?
3. What does Mama plan on getting with her leftover money?
4. Who is the protagonist of the story?
5. How many animals did Monsieur Bayonne have outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the waiting room in the dentist's office during the opening of Chapter 8.
2. Why doesn't James look at the little girl while they are riding on the bus?
3. How does James describe the sleet that is falling?
4. What does James think about as he is walking to the cafe?
5. What does Mama and Auntie decide to do with the left over fifty cents Mama will have?
6. What do Ty and James have for breakfast and what would Ty rather have?
7. When James thinks about home during his walk back to the cafe what does he remember?
8. What is James' response to Mama when she tells him they are going to town in the morning?
9. What kind of things does Mama consider crybaby stuff according to James?
10. When the preacher asks the young man about his parents, what does the young man tell the preacher?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)