|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what didn't Ty do before he started eating his breakfast?
(a) Wash his hands or face.
(b) Kiss Mama.
(c) Change his clothes.
(d) Say his prayers.
2. What does James see on the other side of the lilies?
(a) A frog.
(b) A pool-doo.
(c) A snake.
(d) A horse.
3. James is told he should mash up what and wrap it in cotton?
4. What does James pretend he's not scared of?
(a) The dark.
(b) Big men.
(d) His mama.
5. What does the sign say in the bus?
(a) Charge one-way.
(b) White and Colored.
(c) Don't sit here.
(d) Seat is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does James say is a hundred times bigger than where they are?
2. What has been hurting James?
3. James "ain't no more than" what?
4. How much will it cost to have James' tooth pulled?
5. Why doesn't James want to open his mouth at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James think the little old lady must be crazy?
2. Why does the lady at the dentist's office tell the Mama not to feel rejected?
3. What does James imagine his mother is thinking about while they wait at the end of the gravel road during the opening of the book?
4. Why can't James sleep and what does he do when he is lying awake?
5. Why doesn't James look at the little girl while they are riding on the bus?
6. Who does James say he wants to be like when he grows up and what will he have?
7. What type of people are waiting in the dentist's office?
8. What does James hear as he is walking to the cafe?
9. Where do Mama and James go to get warm and what does Mama do to make sure James has enough time to get warm?
10. What does James think about as he is walking to the cafe?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)