Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama say when the lady asks if they are from Bayonne?
(a) "Down the river".
(b) "Who are you".
(c) "Probably not".
(d) "It doesn't matter".
2. James can't ever be scared or can't ever what?
(a) Ride a train.
(b) Have a friend over.
(d) Leave the house.
3. Where did Mama "get" the bird to kill it?
(a) The head.
(b) The neck.
(c) The leg.
(d) The body.
4. What does Mama ask James to do while she pays the bus fare?
(a) Find their friends.
(b) Wait for her.
(c) Pick up some trash.
(d) Sit in the back.
5. In Chapter 1, what do the cows do in the pasture?
(a) Chase the people walking.
(b) Moo at the bus.
(c) Eat clover until it's gone.
(d) Stand close together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says in Chapter 3, "I can eat anything on it"?
2. What is Ty scared of?
3. What is James waiting for in Chapter 1?
4. What did Mama do when James told her he couldn't kill the bird?
5. What does the lady on the bus offer James?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did James pretend he was asleep?
2. Describe the scene where James is waiting.
3. What does the preacher and the woman who is dressed like a nurse have a conversation about?
4. What are some of the things that James and his mother pass before they arrive at the dentist's office?
5. What does James think about when he looks up at his Mama while they are waiting in the dentist's office?
6. What does Mama do when James says he doesn't want to kill the second bird?
7. Why does James think the little old lady must be crazy?
8. Why can't James sleep and what does he do when he is lying awake?
9. What does Helena tell Mama after Mama states that they "don't take no handout"?
10. What happens between the woman on the bus sitting beside Mama and James?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)