|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town does Mama and James go to?
(c) Old Town.
2. Why doesn't James want anyone to tell Mama about his hurting?
(a) Because it's getting better.
(b) Because they don't have the money to fix it.
(c) Because he already talked to the doctor.
(d) Because Mama already knows.
3. How many animals did Monsieur Bayonne have outside?
4. Mama stayed up late before Daddy did what?
(a) Moved to the city.
(b) Went to bed.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Went in the Army.
5. What is all cracked in the city where James and Mama are?
(a) The train tracks.
(b) The post office.
(c) The pavement.
(d) The dentist's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hides the river as the bus goes around a turn?
2. James is told he should mash up what and wrap it in cotton?
3. What does James do instead of sitting on a seat in the bus?
4. While James and Mama are waiting for the bus in the beginning of Chapter 4 why does James keep his mouth shut instead of saying what he wants to say?
5. What was going to make Mama "mad again"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James say he had to kill the redbird?
2. What does Helena tell Mama after Mama states that they "don't take no handout"?
3. What happens when James and Mama get back to the dentist's office?
4. What does the preacher and the woman who is dressed like a nurse have a conversation about?
5. What does James do first thing in the morning in Chapter 2?
6. Why can't James sleep and what does he do when he is lying awake?
7. What kind of solution is given to James to help with his toothache?
8. What does Mama do after James gets the bird on the leg with his fork?
9. Describe the waiting room in the dentist's office during the opening of Chapter 8.
10. What choice does Mama give James in Chapter 10?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)