|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the tip of Monsieur Bayonne's finger hard?
(a) Because he plays the guitar.
(b) Because he works on a farm.
(c) Because he is a tailor.
(d) Because he rides horses.
2. What town does Mama and James go to?
(b) Old Town.
3. What is James "go'n get out" to "wave it down"?
(a) Mama's hat.
(b) His glove.
(c) His coat.
(d) A handkerchief.
4. What did the bird do when James reached in further to grab him?
(a) He lay down like he was dead.
(b) He "screamed" at James.
(c) He pecked James' hand.
(d) He flew away.
5. What color coat does the girl have on that is sitting across from James on the bus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says in Chapter 3, "I can eat anything on it"?
2. What does James see on the other side of the lilies?
3. What did Mama give James to use for killing a bird?
4. How much will it cost to have James' tooth pulled?
5. Which dentist do the white people usually go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helena tell Mama after Mama states that they "don't take no handout"?
2. What does Mama suggest James kill the redbird with and what does she do when he doesn't want to kill the bird?
3. When Mama flips the quarter over in her hand what does James think Mama is thinking about?
4. How are the nights different now that Daddy is in the Army?
5. In Chapter 13, what does James think about to keep from getting cold?
6. What does James do first thing in the morning in Chapter 2?
7. What is James' response to Mama when she tells him they are going to town in the morning?
8. What kind of birds does James claim he has eaten?
9. Describe the girl that is sitting across from James on the bus.
10. Why does James' mother jump up off the bench inside the dentist's office?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)