|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mama used to stay up late, where would the family sit?
(a) On the floor.
(b) Out on the gallery or around the fire.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the barn.
2. Which dentist do the white people usually go to?
(a) Dr. Roughin.
(b) Dr. Robillard.
(c) Dr. Blinkly.
(d) Dr. Baird.
3. In Chapter 3, what does James do when he gets up in the morning?
(a) Kicks his heels up.
4. Who says "white beans and no salt meat ain't white beans"?
5. How much money will Mama have left over after paying for travel and cost of pulling a tooth?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Twenty five cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. James can't ever be scared or can't ever what?
2. What does the sign say in the bus?
3. Mama stayed up late before Daddy did what?
4. What does Mama say when the lady asks if they are from Bayonne?
5. While James and Mama are waiting for the bus in the beginning of Chapter 4 why does James keep his mouth shut instead of saying what he wants to say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does James' mother jump up off the bench inside the dentist's office?
2. What does Mama and Auntie decide to do with the left over fifty cents Mama will have?
3. What are some of the things that James and his mother pass before they arrive at the dentist's office?
4. Describe the sleeping arrangements in James' home.
5. What does Mama do when James pushes one of the cakes towards her after stating that he "can't eat all this"?
6. What does James imagine his mother is thinking about while they wait at the end of the gravel road during the opening of the book?
7. What type of people are waiting in the dentist's office?
8. What kind of things does Mama consider crybaby stuff according to James?
9. Where do Mama and James go to get warm and what does Mama do to make sure James has enough time to get warm?
10. Who does James say he wants to be like when he grows up and what will he have?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)