|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While James and his Mama are waiting for the bus at the beginning of Chapter 4, what does James want to say?
(a) "Mama, I'm in pain".
(c) Swear words.
(d) "It ain't coming yet".
2. Who says, "I got girlfriends, too"?
(a) The busdriver.
(d) The dentist.
3. When Mama used to stay up late, where would the family sit?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Out on the gallery or around the fire.
(d) On the floor.
4. One man tells another man in the dentist office that he thought he was hollering like what?
(a) A train whistle.
(b) A pig under a gate.
(c) A donkey being pulled along.
(d) A baby wanting milk.
5. What does Mama plan on getting with her leftover money?
(a) A can of beans.
(b) A piece of salt meat.
(c) Some syrup.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will it cost to have James' tooth pulled?
2. Why doesn't James sit down when he finds a seat on the bus?
3. In Chapter 3, what didn't Ty do before he started eating his breakfast?
4. What is Ty scared of?
5. How long has James been hurting?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the preacher asks the young man about his parents, what does the young man tell the preacher?
2. What does James think about when he looks up at his Mama while they are waiting in the dentist's office?
3. What does James hear as he is walking to the cafe?
4. How does James know that Bayonne is "a hundred times smaller than Baton Rouge"?
5. What are some of the things that James and his mother pass before they arrive at the dentist's office?
6. What type of people are waiting in the dentist's office?
7. Why does the lady at the dentist's office tell the Mama not to feel rejected?
8. Why does James say he had to kill the redbird?
9. Describe the scene where James is waiting.
10. Where do Mama and James go to get warm and what does Mama do to make sure James has enough time to get warm?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)