|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I got girlfriends, too"?
(a) The dentist.
(d) The busdriver.
2. What is the color of the school that James and his Mama pass while in the big city?
3. Who says, " I'm going one way and he pulling the other"?
(a) Monsieur Bayonne.
4. Why does James feel he had to kill the bird?
(a) Because Mama said so.
(b) Because he's afraid his Mama might have to leave just like his father and then he would be responsible for everyone.
(c) Because the bird was sick.
(d) Because the bird deserved it.
5. Who says, "not us to question" when the lady in the dentist's office wonders why children have to be in pain?
(a) The dentist.
(b) The preacher.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The little boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many animals did Monsieur Bayonne have outside?
2. Who says, "I don't love him nothing"?
3. What did Mama do with what she brought back from the fence?
4. What color is Mama's hat and coat?
5. Why did Mama go over to the fence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the opening line of Chapter 7, who says it, and why?
2. What does James see when he looks at the river?
3. What happens between the woman on the bus sitting beside Mama and James?
4. What do Ty and James have for breakfast and what would Ty rather have?
5. What does James hear as he is walking to the cafe?
6. What kind of solution is given to James to help with his toothache?
7. Why did James pretend he was asleep?
8. How does James describe the sleet that is falling?
9. In Chapter 13, what does James think about to keep from getting cold?
10. What does Mama do when James says he doesn't want to kill the second bird?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)