|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "not us to question" when the lady in the dentist's office wonders why children have to be in pain?
(a) The dentist.
(b) The preacher.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The little boy.
2. Why does James pretend that he is still asleep?
(a) Because he is afraid to get up.
(b) Because he doesn't Mama and Auntie to know he was listening to their conversation.
(c) Because Auntie told him to.
(d) Because he doesn't want to eat breakfast.
3. What did Mama make James kill?
(a) A goose.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A crow.
(d) A redbird.
4. What was James doing beside the trap while Mama was over by the fence?
(a) He was talking to Auntie.
(b) He was trying to run away.
(c) He was crying.
(d) He was trapping another bird.
5. What color coat does the girl have on that is sitting across from James on the bus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who "knowed it was hurting me"?
2. What is Mama always doing to Ty?
3. What does James see in the shoe shop?
4. Who says "white beans and no salt meat ain't white beans"?
5. What hides the river as the bus goes around a turn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't James sleep and what does he do when he is lying awake?
2. What type of people are waiting in the dentist's office?
3. Why does the preacher ask the young man to stand up?
4. What does Mama do after James gets the bird on the leg with his fork?
5. What do Ty and James have for breakfast and what would Ty rather have?
6. What does Mama and Auntie decide to do with the left over fifty cents Mama will have?
7. What does James think about as he is walking to the cafe?
8. Why does James look at the nurse all pitiful?
9. Why doesn't James mind that he and his Mama are walking all the way back to the cafe where black people eat?
10. What kind of solution is given to James to help with his toothache?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)