|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sign say in the bus?
(a) Charge one-way.
(b) White and Colored.
(c) Don't sit here.
(d) Seat is broken.
2. Why did James tell Ty he was hurting?
(a) Because Ty is his best buddy.
(b) Because Ty would tell a dentist.
(c) Because Ty already knew.
(d) Because Ty was a dentist.
3. What would Ty rather have than syrup?
4. Why does James feel he had to kill the bird?
(a) Because the bird was sick.
(b) Because he's afraid his Mama might have to leave just like his father and then he would be responsible for everyone.
(c) Because the bird deserved it.
(d) Because Mama said so.
5. What is James "go'n get out" to "wave it down"?
(a) Mama's hat.
(b) His glove.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) His coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mama do when James told her he couldn't kill the bird?
2. What does Mama ask James to do while she pays the bus fare?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does James take out when he sees the bus?
4. Who is the protagonist of the story?
5. While James and his Mama are waiting for the bus at the beginning of Chapter 4, what does James want to say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama pay for food even after James tells her that he's not hungry?
2. What does James think about when he is so cold he feels like he's going to die?
3. What does James hear as he is walking to the cafe?
4. What kind of interaction do James and the girl have right before James gets off the bus?
5. What does James do first thing in the morning in Chapter 2?
6. Describe the girl that is sitting across from James on the bus.
7. What does James see when he wakes up on the morning they are to go see the dentist?
8. What other thing does Monsieur Bayonne do besides praying to help James' jaw?
9. Who finds out about James' toothache and what does this person do about it?
10. Why does Monsieur Bayonne think that his prayers aren't working?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)