|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does James take out when he sees the bus?
(a) His hat.
(b) His money.
(c) His handkerchief.
(d) His hands out of his pockets.
2. What town does Mama and James go to?
(c) Old Town.
3. What does James wonder if he can do to the thing he sees on the other side of the lilies?
(a) Hollar at it.
(b) Train it.
(c) Eat it.
(d) Scare it.
4. What did Mama want James to do after she killed the bird?
(a) She wanted James to capture another bird.
(b) She wanted James to say a prayer for the bird.
(c) She wanted James to kill the second bird.
(d) She wanted James to go inside and apologize.
5. James "ain't no more than" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "white beans and no salt meat ain't white beans"?
2. What does James see on the other side of the lilies?
3. What did Mama do when James told her he couldn't kill the bird?
4. Who says in Chapter 3, "tomorrow we going to town"?
5. Why doesn't James sit down when he finds a seat on the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who finds out about James' toothache and what does this person do about it?
2. When Mama flips the quarter over in her hand what does James think Mama is thinking about?
3. What other thing does Monsieur Bayonne do besides praying to help James' jaw?
4. Why does Mama pay for food even after James tells her that he's not hungry?
5. Why doesn't James look at the little girl while they are riding on the bus?
6. What does James think about when he looks up at his Mama while they are waiting in the dentist's office?
7. Why does the lady at the dentist's office tell the Mama not to feel rejected?
8. What does Mama and Auntie decide to do with the left over fifty cents Mama will have?
9. How are the nights different now that Daddy is in the Army?
10. What is James' response to Mama when she tells him they are going to town in the morning?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)