|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of prayers does James claim he is saying?
(a) His own.
(b) Silent prayers.
(c) Prayers to God.
2. Why did James tell Ty he was hurting?
(a) Because Ty would tell a dentist.
(b) Because Ty is his best buddy.
(c) Because Ty already knew.
(d) Because Ty was a dentist.
3. What does James do instead of sitting on a seat in the bus?
(a) He sits on the floor of the bus.
(b) He leans on the seat.
(c) He stands by the bus driver to talk.
(d) He stands and holds on to the side of the bus.
4. What does Mama plan on getting with her leftover money?
(a) A piece of salt meat.
(b) Some syrup.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A can of beans.
5. James had also eaten owl and what else?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, " I'm going one way and he pulling the other"?
2. Who sleeps by the fireplace?
3. What else did Monsieur Bayonne do besides making a sign over James' jaw?
4. While James and Mama are waiting for the bus in the beginning of Chapter 4 why does James keep his mouth shut instead of saying what he wants to say?
5. Who says "white beans and no salt meat ain't white beans"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think about as he is walking to the cafe?
2. What does James think about when he looks up at his Mama while they are waiting in the dentist's office?
3. What kind of things does Mama consider crybaby stuff according to James?
4. What does Mama do when James says he doesn't want to kill the second bird?
5. What kind of birds does James claim he has eaten?
6. When the preacher asks the young man about his parents, what does the young man tell the preacher?
7. In the opening of the first chapter of The Sky is Gray, what is James waiting for and what is he going to do?
8. Why does James look at the nurse all pitiful?
9. Why does the young man hope that all young black men are not like him?
10. Describe the girl that is sitting across from James on the bus.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)