|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been hurting James?
(a) His tooth.
(b) His head.
(c) His arm.
(d) His foot.
2. What is Mama's name?
3. What does Mama plan on getting with her leftover money?
(a) A can of beans.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) Some syrup.
(d) A piece of salt meat.
4. Why did James tell Ty he was hurting?
(a) Because Ty would tell a dentist.
(b) Because Ty already knew.
(c) Because Ty was a dentist.
(d) Because Ty is his best buddy.
5. While James and Mama are waiting for the bus in the beginning of Chapter 4 why does James keep his mouth shut instead of saying what he wants to say?
(a) Because it hurts.
(b) Because he's alone and there is no one to talk to.
(c) Because he is crying.
(d) Because Mama doesn't like for someone to say something just for nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When someone stares down the long old road, they see nothing but what?
2. What does James tell Auntie when she asks if something is wrong?
3. What city does James say is a hundred times bigger than where they are?
4. Who told Monsieur Bayonne to come over?
5. What does the lady on the bus offer James?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the waiting room in the dentist's office during the opening of Chapter 8.
2. What does Helena tell Mama after Mama states that they "don't take no handout"?
3. Who finds out about James' toothache and what does this person do about it?
4. What kind of things does Mama consider crybaby stuff according to James?
5. What other thing does Monsieur Bayonne do besides praying to help James' jaw?
6. Where do Mama and James go to get warm and what does Mama do to make sure James has enough time to get warm?
7. What does the preacher and the woman who is dressed like a nurse have a conversation about?
8. What does the man in the cafe do?
9. What is James' response to Mama when she tells him they are going to town in the morning?
10. What does James think about as he is walking to the cafe?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)