|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't James sit down when he finds a seat on the bus?
(a) Because boys don't sit.
(b) Because he wants his Mama to sit down.
(c) Because all the seats are taken.
(d) Because he wants to stand.
2. What is all cracked in the city where James and Mama are?
(a) The dentist's office.
(b) The train tracks.
(c) The pavement.
(d) The post office.
3. What does Mama ask James to do while she pays the bus fare?
(a) Find their friends.
(b) Pick up some trash.
(c) Sit in the back.
(d) Wait for her.
4. Who is the protagonist of the story?
5. In Chapter 3, what does James do when he gets up in the morning?
(b) Kicks his heels up.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does James take out when he sees the bus?
2. When Mama used to stay up late, where would the family sit?
3. Which bus does Mama say they are coming back on?
4. What did Mama give James to use for killing a bird?
5. Where is James when he is beside Monsieur Bayonne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James describe the sleet that is falling?
2. What kind of interaction do James and the girl have right before James gets off the bus?
3. What does James think about as he is walking to the cafe?
4. When James thinks about home during his walk back to the cafe what does he remember?
5. Why does James close his eyes while he's walking with his Mama back to the dentist's office and what happens when he closes his eyes?
6. Why does James' mother jump up off the bench inside the dentist's office?
7. Describe the scene where James is waiting.
8. What does James think about when he looks up at his Mama while they are waiting in the dentist's office?
9. What does James hear as he is walking to the cafe?
10. What does Mama do after James gets the bird on the leg with his fork?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)