|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is James when he is beside Monsieur Bayonne?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The closet.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) The barn.
2. Who says "white beans and no salt meat ain't white beans"?
3. Why doesn't James sit down when he finds a seat on the bus?
(a) Because he wants his Mama to sit down.
(b) Because all the seats are taken.
(c) Because boys don't sit.
(d) Because he wants to stand.
4. What is all cracked in the city where James and Mama are?
(a) The dentist's office.
(b) The post office.
(c) The pavement.
(d) The train tracks.
5. Which bus does Mama say they are coming back on?
(a) The eight o'clock bus.
(b) The eleven o'clock bus.
(c) The twelve o'clock bus.
(d) The ten o'clock bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of prayers does James claim he is saying?
2. Who says in Chapter 3, "tomorrow we going to town"?
3. Who sleeps by the fireplace?
4. What was James doing beside the trap while Mama was over by the fence?
5. Who says, " I'm going one way and he pulling the other"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of birds does James claim he has eaten?
2. When James thinks about home during his walk back to the cafe what does he remember?
3. What does the preacher and the woman who is dressed like a nurse have a conversation about?
4. What is James' response to Mama when she tells him they are going to town in the morning?
5. What does James hear as he is walking to the cafe?
6. Describe the scene where James is waiting.
7. Where do Mama and James go to get warm and what does Mama do to make sure James has enough time to get warm?
8. How does James know that Bayonne is "a hundred times smaller than Baton Rouge"?
9. Why does the young man hope that all young black men are not like him?
10. What does James do first thing in the morning in Chapter 2?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)