|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which bus does Mama say they are coming back on?
(a) The twelve o'clock bus.
(b) The eight o'clock bus.
(c) The eleven o'clock bus.
(d) The ten o'clock bus.
2. Which dentist do the white people usually go to?
(a) Dr. Robillard.
(b) Dr. Baird.
(c) Dr. Roughin.
(d) Dr. Blinkly.
3. Where did Mama "get" the bird to kill it?
(a) The neck.
(b) The head.
(c) The leg.
(d) The body.
4. What color is Mama's hat and coat?
5. James is the oldest and his Mama tells him he is what?
(a) The man.
(b) The boy.
(c) The farmer.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. While James and his Mama are waiting for the bus at the beginning of Chapter 4, what does James want to say?
2. What did the bird do when James reached in further to grab him?
3. In Chapter 1, what do the cows do in the pasture?
4. Why did Mama go over to the fence?
5. James says he's been to the bigger city before and that he went with who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ty and James have for breakfast and what would Ty rather have?
2. What is the opening line of Chapter 7, who says it, and why?
3. How does James describe the sleet that is falling?
4. In the opening of the first chapter of The Sky is Gray, what is James waiting for and what is he going to do?
5. Why does James look at the nurse all pitiful?
6. What kind of solution is given to James to help with his toothache?
7. What does James do first thing in the morning in Chapter 2?
8. How does James know that Bayonne is "a hundred times smaller than Baton Rouge"?
9. What does James hear as he is walking to the cafe?
10. What does James think about as he is walking to the cafe?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)