|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "not us to question" when the lady in the dentist's office wonders why children have to be in pain?
(a) The dentist.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The little boy.
2. What color coat does the girl have on that is sitting across from James on the bus?
3. James is the oldest and his Mama tells him he is what?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The boy.
(c) The king.
(d) The man.
4. How much does it cost to travel one way to get James' tooth pulled?
(a) Twenty five cents.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Ten cents.
(d) A penny.
5. Why does James pretend that he is still asleep?
(a) Because he doesn't Mama and Auntie to know he was listening to their conversation.
(b) Because he doesn't want to eat breakfast.
(c) Because he is afraid to get up.
(d) Because Auntie told him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. James can't ever be scared or can't ever what?
2. Where does James see the smoke coming out of while he is waiting in Chapter 1?
3. What has been hurting James?
4. What hides the river as the bus goes around a turn?
5. In Chapter 3, what didn't Ty do before he started eating his breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think about when he looks up at his Mama while they are waiting in the dentist's office?
2. What is the opening line of Chapter 7, who says it, and why?
3. Why does the preacher ask the young man to stand up?
4. What kind of solution is given to James to help with his toothache?
5. Where do Mama and James go to get warm and what does Mama do to make sure James has enough time to get warm?
6. Who does James say he wants to be like when he grows up and what will he have?
7. When the young man starts talking about questioning everything what does the preacher do?
8. What does James do first thing in the morning in Chapter 2?
9. What does Mama do after James gets the bird on the leg with his fork?
10. Why does the lady at the dentist's office tell the Mama not to feel rejected?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)