|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James see on the other side of the lilies?
(a) A pool-doo.
(b) A snake.
(c) A horse.
(d) A frog.
2. Who says, "James, hit the floor"?
(c) The doctor.
3. Where does James see the smoke coming out of while he is waiting in Chapter 1?
(a) A pile of burning leaves.
(b) The cow's noses.
(c) A neighbor's fireplace.
(d) The factory tower.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does James take out when he sees the bus?
(a) His money.
(b) His handkerchief.
(c) His hands out of his pockets.
(d) His hat.
5. What was James doing beside the trap while Mama was over by the fence?
(a) He was trying to run away.
(b) He was trapping another bird.
(c) He was talking to Auntie.
(d) He was crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been hurting James?
2. What does James do beside Monsieur Bayonne?
3. What kind of prayers does James claim he is saying?
4. When someone stares down the long old road, they see nothing but what?
5. In Chapter 1, what do the cows do in the pasture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other thing does Monsieur Bayonne do besides praying to help James' jaw?
2. In Chapter 13, what does James think about to keep from getting cold?
3. What happens when James and Mama get back to the dentist's office?
4. What kind of solution is given to James to help with his toothache?
5. Why did James pretend he was asleep?
6. How does James describe the sleet that is falling?
7. Why does the lady at the dentist's office tell the Mama not to feel rejected?
8. Who does James say he wants to be like when he grows up and what will he have?
9. Why doesn't James look at the little girl while they are riding on the bus?
10. Why does Mama pay for food even after James tells her that he's not hungry?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)