|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says in Chapter 3, "tomorrow we going to town"?
(a) Monsieur Bayonne.
2. What is Mama's name?
3. Why did Mama go over to the fence?
(a) To yell at the birds.
(b) To find the biggest switch she could find.
(c) To find another bird.
(d) To throw up.
4. What town does Mama and James go to?
(a) Old Town.
5. Who "knowed it was hurting me"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does James do when he gets up in the morning?
2. What is James waiting for in Chapter 1?
3. Who sleeps by the fireplace?
4. At the end of Chapter 3 what was Mama doing at the fireplace?
5. James had also eaten owl and what else?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the preacher ask the young man to stand up?
2. How does James know that Bayonne is "a hundred times smaller than Baton Rouge"?
3. Who does James say he wants to be like when he grows up and what will he have?
4. Describe the scene where James is waiting.
5. What does the man in the cafe do?
6. What do Ty and James have for breakfast and what would Ty rather have?
7. What kind of interaction do James and the girl have right before James gets off the bus?
8. What happens between the woman on the bus sitting beside Mama and James?
9. What type of people are waiting in the dentist's office?
10. Why does the young man hope that all young black men are not like him?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)