|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James see in the café?
(a) A waitress tripping.
(b) A bunch of people eating.
(c) Lonely tables and chairs.
(d) A dog begging for food.
2. James "ain't no more than" what?
3. Who told Monsieur Bayonne to come over?
4. Who says, "James, hit the floor"?
(b) The doctor.
5. In Chapter 1, what do the cows do in the pasture?
(a) Chase the people walking.
(b) Stand close together.
(c) Eat clover until it's gone.
(d) Moo at the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lady on the bus offer James?
2. What was going to make Mama "mad again"?
3. Which dentist do the white people usually go to?
4. Mama stayed up late before Daddy did what?
5. What does James pretend he's not scared of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James think about when he is so cold he feels like he's going to die?
2. Describe the scene where James is waiting.
3. Why doesn't James look at the little girl while they are riding on the bus?
4. Why doesn't James mind that he and his Mama are walking all the way back to the cafe where black people eat?
5. Why can't James sleep and what does he do when he is lying awake?
6. What do Ty and James do with Monsieur Bayonne's two hounds?
7. What does James see when he looks at the river?
8. Why does the preacher ask the young man to stand up?
9. What does Mama do when James pushes one of the cakes towards her after stating that he "can't eat all this"?
10. Why does the lady at the dentist's office tell the Mama not to feel rejected?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)