|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mama give James to use for killing a bird?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A stick.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A fork.
2. Where did Mama "get" the bird to kill it?
(a) The body.
(b) The leg.
(c) The head.
(d) The neck.
3. James is the oldest and his Mama tells him he is what?
(a) The boy.
(b) The king.
(c) The man.
(d) The farmer.
4. What kind of prayers does James claim he is saying?
(a) Silent prayers.
(b) His own.
(d) Prayers to God.
5. Why does James pretend that he is still asleep?
(a) Because he is afraid to get up.
(b) Because Auntie told him to.
(c) Because he doesn't want to eat breakfast.
(d) Because he doesn't Mama and Auntie to know he was listening to their conversation.
6. Who says in Chapter 3, "tomorrow we going to town"?
(b) Monsieur Bayonne.
7. What town does Mama and James go to?
(a) Old Town.
8. Why doesn't James say anything else to the girl on the bus?
(a) Because she won't listen to him.
(b) Because he doesn't want to bust her in the mouth.
(c) Because she has already gotten off.
(d) Because it hurts too bad.
9. Who says in Chapter 3, "I can eat anything on it"?
10. What does the sign say in the bus?
(a) Charge one-way.
(b) White and Colored.
(c) Seat is broken.
(d) Don't sit here.
11. Which dentist do the white people usually go to?
(a) Dr. Blinkly.
(b) Dr. Robillard.
(c) Dr. Baird.
(d) Dr. Roughin.
12. What does Mama say when the lady asks if they are from Bayonne?
(a) "Probably not".
(b) "Who are you".
(c) "It doesn't matter".
(d) "Down the river".
13. Who "knowed it was hurting me"?
14. While James and Mama are waiting for the bus in the beginning of Chapter 4 why does James keep his mouth shut instead of saying what he wants to say?
(a) Because he's alone and there is no one to talk to.
(b) Because Mama doesn't like for someone to say something just for nothing.
(c) Because he is crying.
(d) Because it hurts.
15. What city does James say is a hundred times bigger than where they are?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color coat does the girl have on that is sitting across from James on the bus?
2. James had also eaten owl and what else?
3. When Mama used to stay up late, where would the family sit?
4. What kind of animal did Monsieur Bayonne have outside that James and Ty were playing with?
5. Where does James see the smoke coming out of while he is waiting in Chapter 1?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)