|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many animals did Monsieur Bayonne have outside?
2. What does James pretend he's not scared of?
(a) His mama.
(b) Big men.
(c) The dark.
3. What does James do beside Monsieur Bayonne?
(c) Lays down.
4. What three things are on the sides of the long old road?
(a) Weeds, Rocks, and cows.
(b) Fences, Weeds, and chickens.
(c) Weeds, trees, and fences.
(d) Cows, trees, and cats.
5. What does the lady on the bus offer James?
(a) An apple.
(b) A dime.
(c) A penny.
(d) A piece of gum.
6. Why is the tip of Monsieur Bayonne's finger hard?
(a) Because he works on a farm.
(b) Because he rides horses.
(c) Because he plays the guitar.
(d) Because he is a tailor.
7. What kind of animal did Monsieur Bayonne have outside that James and Ty were playing with?
8. Why doesn't James say anything else to the girl on the bus?
(a) Because she won't listen to him.
(b) Because it hurts too bad.
(c) Because she has already gotten off.
(d) Because he doesn't want to bust her in the mouth.
9. James is the oldest and his Mama tells him he is what?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The boy.
(c) The man.
(d) The king.
10. James had also eaten owl and what else?
11. Who says, "I got girlfriends, too"?
(a) The dentist.
(c) The busdriver.
12. Why doesn't James sit down when he finds a seat on the bus?
(a) Because he wants to stand.
(b) Because all the seats are taken.
(c) Because boys don't sit.
(d) Because he wants his Mama to sit down.
13. What color is Mama's hat and coat?
14. While James and his Mama are waiting for the bus at the beginning of Chapter 4, what does James want to say?
(a) Swear words.
(b) "Mama, I'm in pain".
(c) "It ain't coming yet".
15. James is told he should mash up what and wrap it in cotton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of prayers does James claim he is saying?
2. Why doesn't James want anyone to tell Mama about his hurting?
3. What does James have for breakfast?
4. James "ain't no more than" what?
5. What is James "go'n get out" to "wave it down"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)