|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little old lady want James to do for her?
(a) She needs him to help her husband walk across the room.
(b) She needs him to chop firewood.
(c) She needs her garbage moved to the front.
(d) She needs him to sweep her floor.
2. What does the boy with the book blame for the fact that he doesn't believe in God?
(a) That everything is evil in the world.
(b) That books are hard to read.
(c) That he was born too late.
(d) That the wait for the dentist is too long.
3. What does the lady in the cafe put down on the counter?
(a) Cakes and a glass of milk.
(b) Bread and syrup.
(c) Warm milk and cookies.
(d) Ham and eggs.
4. What is all cracked in the city where James and Mama are?
(a) The post office.
(b) The pavement.
(c) The dentist's office.
(d) The train tracks.
5. When Mama used to stay up late, where would the family sit?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the barn.
(d) Out on the gallery or around the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do with her money?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does James take out when he sees the bus?
3. What does James do when he feels something hit his cap?
4. What does Mama have to eat at the cafe?
5. What store does Mama and James enter to get out of the cold?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)