|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mama used to stay up late, where would the family sit?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) Out on the gallery or around the fire.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In the barn.
2. What hides the river as the bus goes around a turn?
(a) A pasture.
(d) A house.
3. What does the preacher say him and the young lady were talking about?
(a) The war.
(c) The dentist.
4. What does the man in the cafe drop in the jukebox?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A penny.
(c) A dime.
(d) A quarter.
5. Why did James tell Ty he was hurting?
(a) Because Ty already knew.
(b) Because Ty was a dentist.
(c) Because Ty would tell a dentist.
(d) Because Ty is his best buddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is James when he is beside Monsieur Bayonne?
2. After Mama and James leave the store and are walking at the end of Chapter 9, what does James try to prevent Mama from hearing?
3. Why doesn't James want to open his mouth at night?
4. What color coat does the girl have on that is sitting across from James on the bus?
5. James is the oldest and his Mama tells him he is what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)