|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color coat does the girl have on that is sitting across from James on the bus?
2. Why does James feel he had to kill the bird?
(a) Because the bird was sick.
(b) Because the bird deserved it.
(c) Because Mama said so.
(d) Because he's afraid his Mama might have to leave just like his father and then he would be responsible for everyone.
3. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office holding?
(a) A dog.
(c) A newpaper.
(d) A book.
4. James tells the reader while he is watching the scenery outside that the river is what?
5. Who says, "done forgot the heart absolutely" when someone else in the office suggests that men should listen to their heads and not their hearts?
(a) The woman with the two sweaters.
(b) The nurse.
(d) The boy with the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mama go over to the fence?
2. Which bus does Mama say they are coming back on?
3. What does James see in the café?
4. What is Mama wondering "bout the hog"?
5. In Chapter 1, what do the cows do in the pasture?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)