|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal did Monsieur Bayonne have outside that James and Ty were playing with?
2. Why does James pretend that he is still asleep?
(a) Because he is afraid to get up.
(b) Because Auntie told him to.
(c) Because he doesn't want to eat breakfast.
(d) Because he doesn't Mama and Auntie to know he was listening to their conversation.
3. What does James pretend he's not scared of?
(a) His mama.
(c) Big men.
(d) The dark.
4. How much does it cost to travel one way to get James' tooth pulled?
(a) Twenty five cents.
(b) A penny.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) Ten cents.
5. What did Mama give James to use for killing a bird?
(a) A fork.
(b) A stick.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A shovel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sleeps by the fireplace?
2. Who says in Chapter 3, "tomorrow we going to town"?
3. In Chapter 1, what do the cows do in the pasture?
4. What color is Mama's hat and coat?
5. What did Mama want James to do after she killed the bird?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)