|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sign say in the bus?
(a) White and Colored.
(b) Don't sit here.
(c) Charge one-way.
(d) Seat is broken.
2. One man tells another man in the dentist office that he thought he was hollering like what?
(a) A donkey being pulled along.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) A pig under a gate.
(d) A baby wanting milk.
3. Who says at the end of Chapter 8, "I haven't anything" after they state that they hope all young people aren't like them?
(a) The boy with the book.
(b) The preacher.
(d) The nurse.
4. In Chapter 3, what does James do when he gets up in the morning?
(b) Kicks his heels up.
5. What does Mama ask James to do while she pays the bus fare?
(a) Find their friends.
(b) Pick up some trash.
(c) Wait for her.
(d) Sit in the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James see in the café?
2. Where is James when he is beside Monsieur Bayonne?
3. What would Ty rather have than syrup?
4. Who says, "I don't love him nothing"?
5. Why doesn't James want anyone to tell Mama about his hurting?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)