|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3 what was Mama doing at the fireplace?
(a) Putting on her shoes.
(b) Counting her money.
(c) Singing a hymn.
(d) Warming her hands.
2. What color does the young black man with the book claim the wind is?
3. How much will it cost to have James' tooth pulled?
(a) A dollar and a half.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Two and a half dollars.
(d) A dollar.
4. Who says at the end of Chapter 8, "I haven't anything" after they state that they hope all young people aren't like them?
(a) The preacher.
(c) The boy with the book.
(d) The nurse.
5. One man tells another man in the dentist office that he thought he was hollering like what?
(a) A donkey being pulled along.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) A baby wanting milk.
(d) A pig under a gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. James is told he should mash up what and wrap it in cotton?
2. What town does Mama and James go to?
3. Why doesn't James sit down when he finds a seat on the bus?
4. Who says in Chapter 3, "tomorrow we going to town"?
5. James tells the reader while he is watching the scenery outside that the river is what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)