|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What choice does Mama ask James to make after they can't go inside the dentist's office?
(a) Whether he wants to keep his gloves on or give them to a child.
(b) Whether he wants to eat and walk back or not eat and ride back.
(c) Whether he wants to eat at home or in town.
(d) Whether he wants to get his tooth pulled or just go home.
2. What does Mama ask James after they get back to the office in Chapter 10?
(a) If he's hungry.
(b) If he is cold.
(c) If he wants to get his tooth pulled.
(d) If he is ready to ride the bus.
3. When James and Mama get back to the dentist's office, what can't they do?
(a) Smell smoke.
(b) Talk to the nurse.
(c) See the doctor.
(d) Open the door.
4. Who says, "I'm questioning the world" while waiting in the dentist's office after someone states that they are mad at the world?
(c) The young black man with the book.
(d) The preacher.
5. What did Mama do when James told her he couldn't kill the bird?
(a) She pulled his ears.
(b) She cried.
(c) She slapped him.
(d) She ran into the house to tell Auntie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the preacher say him and the young lady were talking about?
2. What is the young black man waiting in the dentist's office holding?
3. How many times does the preacher hit the boy?
4. What did Mama want James to do after she killed the bird?
5. What did Mama do with what she brought back from the fence?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)