1. Who is the protagonist of the story?
2. What is James "go'n get out" to "wave it down"?
(a) Mama's hat.
(b) His coat.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) His glove.
3. When someone stares down the long old road, they see nothing but what?
(b) Blue sky.
4. What three things are on the sides of the long old road?
(a) Weeds, trees, and fences.
(b) Weeds, Rocks, and cows.
(c) Fences, Weeds, and chickens.
(d) Cows, trees, and cats.
5. In Chapter 1, what do the cows do in the pasture?
(a) Chase the people walking.
(b) Stand close together.
(c) Eat clover until it's gone.
(d) Moo at the bus.
6. What is James waiting for in Chapter 1?
(a) His father.
(b) The mail.
(c) A bus.
(d) A rainstorm.
7. Where does James see the smoke coming out of while he is waiting in Chapter 1?
(a) The factory tower.
(b) A neighbor's fireplace.
(c) A pile of burning leaves.
(d) The cow's noses.
This section contains 4,474 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)