|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much faster was the Blackbird than the Concorde?
2. Where was a piece of a drone found years after the project had been canceled?
3. Where were two factory workers killed because of an unstart?
4. What metal was used to build the drone?
5. When did a piece of one of the drones resurface?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the stealth boat was being tested on the ocean, how were curious fishing boats and yachtsmen kept away?
2. How did Rich believe large, expensive airplanes would be built in the future?
3. What happened to a Blackbird flight pilot over West Virginia?
4. Why wasn't the Navy interested in the stealth ship?
5. What were the tiny black dots that appeared on Blackbird windshields after a flight?
6. Where was a model of the stealth ship tested?
7. What did the Skunk Works do to make the Blackbird even more safe?
8. Where was the drone built at Skunk Works?
9. What type of problems might be encountered if the A-12 was made from titanium?
10. Why was the Blackbird's safety record so amazing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the initial reactions to the Hopeless Diamond at Skunk Works.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the technical and logistical problems involved in building the stealth fighter and how these problems were solved.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the management styles of Rich and Johnson.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)