|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many operational sorties did the Blackbird fly over Vietnam and other hostile countries?
2. By the time Skunk Works had created design A-11, how much were they able to reduce the radar cross section of what became the Blackbird?
3. How much faster was the Blackbird than the Concorde?
4. What was the farthest distance that Johnson would put an engineer from the assembly line?
5. How many years was the Blackbird in service before it was retired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the tiny black dots that appeared on Blackbird windshields after a flight?
2. Why wasn't the Navy interested in the stealth ship?
3. Why was it easier in the past to get a project like the Blackbird project rolling?
4. Why was the stealth project photographer getting fuzzy pictures of the stealth airplane model?
5. How did Rich believe large, expensive airplanes would be built in the future?
6. What was done to prepare the route for the truck that would carry the Blackbird to the test site?
7. Why was the Blackbird's safety record so amazing?
8. Where was a model of the stealth ship tested?
9. Why did Johnson believe the drones failed over China?
10. What happened to a Blackbird flight pilot over West Virginia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the missions that pilots and Reconnaissance Systems Officers undertook when flying Blackbirds.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether the U-2 was still able to be used after the Powers tragedy. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss reasons why drones were favored for gathering sensitive information over manned spy planes.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)