|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was broken when a Blackbird test pilot boomed Johnson's ranch in Santa Barbara?
2. Which two groups agreed to purchase the drone?
3. When was the Blackbird retired?
4. When was the CIA ordered out of the spy plane business?
5. Which country had a satellite that was a threat against U.S. surface vessels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was done to win over the community of Susanville when they continually experienced the affects of sonic booms?
2. Why wasn't it possible to cut corners when building the Blackbird?
3. Why did Johnson believe the drones failed over China?
4. How did Rich believe large, expensive airplanes would be built in the future?
5. Why was the stealth project photographer getting fuzzy pictures of the stealth airplane model?
6. What were the tiny black dots that appeared on Blackbird windshields after a flight?
7. What type of problems might be encountered if the A-12 was made from titanium?
8. Why did Northrop Aircraft Company offer Rich a job?
9. What happened to a Blackbird flight pilot over West Virginia?
10. What shattered Dick Bissell's career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dangers and problems involved in building a hydrogen-fueled airplane and why Johnson had to cancel the project.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the initial reactions to the Hopeless Diamond at Skunk Works.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why and how Rich would have implemented cost-cutting methods in the aerospace industry.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)