|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rich get his undergraduate degree?
2. When did Johnson want Rich to research liquid hydrogen?
3. During what war did the Arabs use Soviet SAM-5s, defensive surface-to-air missiles?
4. In the 1950s, how frequently was Lockheed producing a new airplane?
5. How was Johnson injured when he was in a nearly fatal car wreck in 1955?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so revolutionary about the plane Have Blue?
2. Describe the first flight of the U-2 over Russia.
3. Why did Rich go to work for Johnson?
4. What happened when Francis Powers flew a U-2 mission on May 1, 1960?
5. What was the U-2 used for after the Powers tragedy?
6. How did Johnson react when he saw a sketch of the Hopeless Diamond?
7. Until Overholser discovered the Ufimtsev theory, what possibilities had been know to reduce an airplane's radar detection?
8. How did the CIA finance the U-2?
9. How did the Air Force decide to use the F-117As?
10. What was so unusual about the contract the Air Force signed to purchase a stealth fighter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rich felt he had become the director of Skunk Works at a bad time. Discuss why it was a bad time for Rich to take over control of Skunk Works.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why and how Rich would have implemented cost-cutting methods in the aerospace industry.
Essay Topic 3
The division Johnson and Rich headed up at Lockheed had an unusual name. Discuss the origins of Skunk Works and how Skunk Works got its name.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)