|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was the mountain near the test site for the model stealth ship?
(a) 7,500 ft.
(b) 12,000 ft.
(c) 8,500 ft.
(d) 11,500 ft.
2. What did it cost Northrop to build the B-2?
(a) $300 million.
(b) $500 million.
(c) $800 million.
(d) $700 million.
3. How many years did Rich work at Lockheed?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 45 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 30 years.
4. Where was Lop Nor located?
(a) Near the Pakistan border.
(b) Near the Tibetan border.
(c) Near the Burmese border.
(d) Near the border with Mongolia.
5. How much fuel did the Blackbird consume in an hour?
(a) 7,500 gallons.
(b) 3,000 gallons.
(c) About 8,000 gallons.
(d) About 5,000 gallons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Rich when the Blackbird was designed?
2. What tanker was used to fuel the Blackbirds in the air?
3. When was the first mission to send drones over Lop Nor?
4. How far did it take to make a tight turn in a Blackbird?
5. How many engines did the B-70 have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the U.S. want to gain information about Lop Nor?
2. Why did Johnson believe the drones failed over China?
3. What were the tiny black dots that appeared on Blackbird windshields after a flight?
4. Why did Northrop Aircraft Company offer Rich a job?
5. Why did President Johnson authorize the Blackbird to overfly North Vietnam in May 1967?
6. Why was the Blackbird's safety record so amazing?
7. Why wasn't it possible to cut corners when building the Blackbird?
8. Why wasn't the Navy interested in the stealth ship?
9. What was done to prepare the route for the truck that would carry the Blackbird to the test site?
10. When the stealth boat was being tested on the ocean, how were curious fishing boats and yachtsmen kept away?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)