|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the farthest distance that Johnson would put an engineer from the assembly line?
(a) 15 ft.
(b) 50 ft.
(c) 100 ft.
(d) 25 ft.
2. How many years was the Blackbird in service before it was retired?
3. How much would Northrop Aircraft Company have increased Rich's salary if he went to work for them?
(a) $5,000 a year.
(b) $15,000 a year.
(c) $10,000 a year.
(d) $12,000 a year.
4. Where were two factory workers killed because of an unstart?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) West Virginia.
5. Who was Britain engaged in hostilities against in 1982?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much faster was the Blackbird than the Concorde?
2. When was Johnson's birthday?
3. How much money did the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency give Skunk Works to develop a stealth boat?
4. How large of a crew was needed to operate the stealth ship?
5. From what distance could the U.S. early-warning radar net track a baseball-size object?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the tiny black dots that appeared on Blackbird windshields after a flight?
2. Where was the drone built at Skunk Works?
3. What was done to prepare the route for the truck that would carry the Blackbird to the test site?
4. What type of problems might be encountered if the A-12 was made from titanium?
5. How did Rich believe large, expensive airplanes would be built in the future?
6. Why wasn't the Navy interested in the stealth ship?
7. What happened to a Blackbird flight pilot over West Virginia?
8. Why did Johnson believe the drones failed over China?
9. Why wasn't it possible to cut corners when building the Blackbird?
10. Why did Rich think aerospace got a bum rap from its critics?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)