|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Have Blue overheated near the tail during engine test runs, what was used to build a heat shield?
(a) Shop tool cabinet.
(b) Steel office desk.
(c) Steel filing cabinet.
(d) A steel wall panel.
2. In what building was Skunk Works housed when Rich first went to work there?
(a) Building 17.
(b) Building 26.
(c) Building 54.
(d) Building 82.
3. What was the Taiwanese U-2 squadron nicknamed?
(a) Black Knights.
(b) Dark Fighters.
(c) Black Cats.
4. Who was a test pilot for the U-2?
(a) Tony LeVier.
(b) Bob Allen.
(c) Roy Anderson.
(d) Dick Boehme.
5. How many different missile systems did the Russian deploy to defend their cities and strategic interests?
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was Building 82 where the first of the two Have Blue prototypes were built?
2. For whom was the test site built where the Have Blue was tested?
3. How many years did the U-2 fly over the Soviet Union?
4. Who conducted tests in 1976 to determine if the claims Rich made about Have Blue were true?
5. What did the Soviets build that was hydrogen fueled?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Johnson split his days at Lockheed when Rich first started at Lockheed?
2. What did the Skunk Works produce?
3. How did Rich manage his employees when he took over at the Skunk Works?
4. What did Khrushchev demonstrate at the 1954 May Day parade that worried the United States about military defense?
5. Why did the CIA reject the idea of building a hydrogen airplane?
6. What caused broken rubber seals inside engine valves and leaking pressure seals, and how did Skunk Works solve the problem?
7. Why did Johnson tell Rich to have the government reclassify the security for Have Blue?
8. What was the U-2 used for after the Powers tragedy?
9. What was so revolutionary about the plane Have Blue?
10. What was Rich told by experts in the field of liquid hydrogen?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)