|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Johnson have to borrow to cover U-2 production costs when the government was late making payments?
(a) $3 million.
(c) $2 million.
2. What was the Taiwanese U-2 squadron nicknamed?
(a) Black Cats.
(b) Dark Fighters.
(d) Black Knights.
3. How many years was Powers sentenced to hard labor by the Soviets?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. How many years did Marty Knutson fly the U-2?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 29 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 24 years.
5. When was Powers released from the Soviet Union?
(a) March 1963.
(b) July 1964.
(c) September 1965.
(d) February 1962.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the 43 bridges spanning the Tigris-Euphrates River did the F-117A knock out?
2. How many knots did pilots try to maintain in the U-2 when they reached their top altitude?
3. Who owned the test track where a model of the Hopeless Diamond was tested?
4. How many different missile systems did the Russian deploy to defend their cities and strategic interests?
5. What was the temperature at 8 a.m. on an August day in 1979?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why in Chapter 8 was Rich traveling around the country feeling like he was a secret agent?
2. Why did General Jones want the U-2 designation changed?
3. What was so revolutionary about the plane Have Blue?
4. Until Overholser discovered the Ufimtsev theory, what possibilities had been know to reduce an airplane's radar detection?
5. Why one morning when Ken Dyson flew Have Blue, did it appear on radar?
6. Describe the first flight of the U-2 over Russia.
7. How did Rich put an end to the accusations he was using phony data for the stealth project?
8. How did Johnson split his days at Lockheed when Rich first started at Lockheed?
9. Was Skunk Works able to make money on the F-117 stealth fighter?
10. How did bats provide the first visual proof the stealth really worked?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)