|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Soviet bombers nicknamed that Khrushchev had overfly the May Day parade in 1954?
2. At what altitude did Skunk Works hope the U-2 would be able to fly?
(a) 65,000 ft.
(b) 70,000 ft.
(c) 60,000 ft.
(d) 75,000 ft.
3. For whom was the test site built where the Have Blue was tested?
(c) Air Force.
4. When was the Skunk Works headquarters built?
5. How many years did Marty Knutson fly the U-2?
(a) 24 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 29 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Defense Department reveal the F-117A?
2. How many years passed before Al Whitley could explain to his wife and kids the meaning of a plaque Rich had given him after he first flew the F-117A?
3. When did Rich take charge of the Skunk Works?
4. What type of missiles did the Marines have in August 1979?
5. How many of the workers who applied for jobs with the Skunk Works flunked the drug testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Rich told by experts in the field of liquid hydrogen?
2. How did bats provide the first visual proof the stealth really worked?
3. What did Khrushchev demonstrate at the 1954 May Day parade that worried the United States about military defense?
4. Describe the first flight of the U-2 over Russia.
5. How did Rich manage his employees when he took over at the Skunk Works?
6. Whose employees were the pilots who flew the U-2 and how were they paid?
7. Why did Rich go to work for Johnson?
8. What happened when the Skunk Works test pilot took up Major Whitley's F-117A?
9. How did Johnson begin his career at Lockheed?
10. What was so revolutionary about the plane Have Blue?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)