|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the phony engineering company set up to receive CIA payments?
(a) C&J Engineering.
(b) L&R Engineering.
(c) M&U Engineering.
(d) J&R Engineering.
2. What was the Taiwanese U-2 squadron nicknamed?
(a) Black Cats.
(b) Black Knights.
(d) Dark Fighters.
3. Who was the U-2 built for?
(b) Air Force.
4. How long did it take from start to finish for a new airplane to become operational on a flight line?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) As long as 12 years.
(d) About 10 years.
5. How many years was Powers sentenced to hard labor by the Soviets?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building was Skunk Works housed when Rich first went to work there?
2. When did Johnson start the Skunk Works?
3. What did the Soviets build that was hydrogen fueled?
4. What type of missiles did the Marines have in August 1979?
5. Where did Northrop and Skunk Works test their stealth designs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Skunk Works able to make money on the F-117 stealth fighter?
2. What did the Skunk Works produce?
3. What caused broken rubber seals inside engine valves and leaking pressure seals, and how did Skunk Works solve the problem?
4. Why did the U.S. government attempt to use foreign pilots for the U-2 plane?
5. How did Johnson react when he saw a sketch of the Hopeless Diamond?
6. Why did Major Al Whitley and his crew chiefs come to Skunk Works in February 1982?
7. How did Skunk Works solve part of the problem where workers would leave pens, bolts, screws, or other objects inside an engine?
8. What happened when the Skunk Works test pilot took up Major Whitley's F-117A?
9. Until Overholser discovered the Ufimtsev theory, what possibilities had been know to reduce an airplane's radar detection?
10. Why one morning when Ken Dyson flew Have Blue, did it appear on radar?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)