|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was broken when a Blackbird test pilot boomed Johnson's ranch in Santa Barbara?
(a) Windows in a tractor.
(b) Upper story windows.
(c) Car windows.
(d) A picture window.
2. What vehicle passed too closely to a truck carrying the Blackbird?
(b) School bus.
(c) Greyhound bus.
(d) Recreational vehicle.
3. By the time the Blackbird project ended, how many separate parts had Skunk Works manufactured?
(b) 7 million.
(d) 13 million.
4. What metal was used to build the drone?
(b) Stainless steel.
5. When was the CIA ordered out of the spy plane business?
(a) April 1968.
(b) June 1968.
(c) May 1968.
(d) September 1968.
6. Who did Rich put in charge of building a model stealth ship at Skunk Works?
(a) Bill Perry.
(b) Bill Park.
(c) Ugo Coty.
(d) Denys Overholser.
7. How many new airplanes were introduced in the 1980s?
8. How much did the drone weigh that Skunk Works designed?
(a) 8,000 pounds.
(b) 17,000 pounds.
(c) 15,000 pounds.
(d) 7,500 pounds.
9. How tall was the mountain near the test site for the model stealth ship?
(a) 11,500 ft.
(b) 7,500 ft.
(c) 12,000 ft.
(d) 8,500 ft.
10. In 1961, where did President Kennedy attend his first summit with Khrushchev?
11. Who was Britain engaged in hostilities against in 1982?
12. How far did it take to make a tight turn in a Blackbird?
(a) 40 to 50 nautical miles.
(b) 60 to 100 nautical miles.
(c) 80 miles.
(d) 125 miles.
13. How many planes did Rich work on during his employment at Lockheed?
14. What did islanders at Okinawa nickname the Blackbird?
(a) Black Viper.
(d) Black Mamba.
15. How old was Johnson when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Blackbird retired?
2. How hot did Johnson believe that a plane would get at Mach 3?
3. How much did Skunk Works pay an hour to use wind tunnels for testing?
4. How much fuel did the Blackbird carry?
5. What tanker was used to fuel the Blackbirds in the air?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)