|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country had a satellite that was a threat against U.S. surface vessels?
2. When did a piece of one of the drones resurface?
(a) 8 years later.
(b) 9 years later.
(c) 17 years later.
(d) 15 years later.
3. How did Johnson's wife Althea die in 1970?
(a) Multiple Sclerosis.
(c) An auto accident.
4. Which two groups agreed to purchase the drone?
(a) Navy and Marines.
(b) Air Force and Navy.
(c) CIA and Air Force.
(d) Army and Navy.
5. How large of a crew was needed to operate the stealth ship?
(a) 5 men.
(b) 8 men.
(c) 4 men.
(d) 7 men.
6. How many feet per second could the Blackbird fly?
7. By the time the Blackbird project ended, how many separate parts had Skunk Works manufactured?
(b) 13 million.
(c) 7 million.
8. Who did Rich put in charge of building a model stealth ship at Skunk Works?
(a) Denys Overholser.
(b) Bill Perry.
(c) Ugo Coty.
(d) Bill Park.
9. Where were two factory workers killed because of an unstart?
(a) West Virginia.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
10. How many years was the Blackbird in service before it was retired?
11. How much water did the stealth ship displace?
(a) 318 tons.
(b) 614 tons.
(c) 412 tons.
(d) 560 tons.
12. How much money did Northrop lose on the F-20 twin engine fighter?
(a) $100 million.
(b) $25 million.
(c) $75 million.
(d) $50 million.
13. What markets did Northrop Aircraft Company wish to pursue in 1972?
(a) NATO and Asian markets.
(b) African markets.
(c) Australian markets.
(d) European markets.
14. What was broken when a Blackbird test pilot boomed Johnson's ranch in Santa Barbara?
(a) A picture window.
(b) Windows in a tractor.
(c) Upper story windows.
(d) Car windows.
15. What did islanders at Okinawa nickname the Blackbird?
(a) Black Mamba.
(b) Black Viper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new speed record did the Blackbird establish in 1965?
2. What price did Skunk Works quote for the B-2?
3. In May 1962, how long did it take for a Blackbird to fly from Edwards Air Force Base outside Los Angeles to Orlando, Florida?
4. When did Johnson win a Collier Trophy for the creation of the Blackbird?
5. What did it cost Northrop to build the B-2?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)