|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Rich put in charge of building a model stealth ship at Skunk Works?
(a) Bill Perry.
(b) Ugo Coty.
(c) Denys Overholser.
(d) Bill Park.
2. How old was Johnson when he died?
3. How many years did Rich work at Lockheed?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 45 years.
(d) 35 years.
4. How much would Northrop Aircraft Company have increased Rich's salary if he went to work for them?
(a) $10,000 a year.
(b) $15,000 a year.
(c) $5,000 a year.
(d) $12,000 a year.
5. What did the CIA nickname the Blackbird project?
6. What was the cost for a stealth SWATH boat?
(a) $175 million.
(b) $150 million.
(c) $100 million.
(d) $200 million.
7. Where did the CIA purchase titanium?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Soviet Union.
8. What was broken when a Blackbird test pilot boomed Johnson's ranch in Santa Barbara?
(a) Windows in a tractor.
(b) Car windows.
(c) A picture window.
(d) Upper story windows.
9. How many new airplanes were introduced in the 1950s?
10. How old was Rich when the Blackbird was designed?
11. What was the name of the town in the path of the Blackbird when it returned to Beale?
(c) Hamilton Branch.
12. How much water did the stealth ship displace?
(a) 318 tons.
(b) 560 tons.
(c) 412 tons.
(d) 614 tons.
13. What was the code name of the most sensitive project during Rich's years at Skunk Works?
14. How old were the planes that flew in Operation Desert Storm?
(a) At least 12 to 17 years old.
(b) At least 10 to 15 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 7 years old.
15. What price did Skunk Works quote for the B-2?
(a) $100 million.
(b) $200 million.
(c) $300 million.
(d) $150 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many operational sorties did the Blackbird fly over Vietnam and other hostile countries?
2. Who was the largest builder of planes in the aerospace industry in the 1980s?
3. How much money did Northrop lose on the F-20 twin engine fighter?
4. Who did Rich partner with on the stealth bomber?
5. Who was Britain engaged in hostilities against in 1982?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)