|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the CIA agent in charge of overseeing the U-2 called at Skunk Works?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Mr. J.
(c) Mr. X.
(d) Mr. C.
2. How far were test pilots able to fly the U-2 on one tank of gas?
(a) 3,000 miles.
(b) 5,000 miles.
(c) 4,500 miles.
(d) 6,000 miles.
3. When was the Skunk Works headquarters built?
4. How high did Have Blue fly for the test flight?
(a) 7,500 feet.
(b) 5,000 feet.
(c) 10,000 feet.
(d) 8,000 feet.
5. Who ordered production of the hydrogen fueled plane?
(c) Air Force.
6. Who was a test pilot for the U-2?
(a) Tony LeVier.
(b) Roy Anderson.
(c) Dick Boehme.
(d) Bob Allen.
7. Where did Rich get his undergraduate degree?
8. How much did it cost to build each U-2?
(a) $1 million.
(b) $7 million.
(c) $9 million.
(d) $5 million.
9. How many hours could the U-2 fly without refueling?
10. In the 1950s, how frequently was Lockheed producing a new airplane?
(a) About every six years.
(b) About every three years.
(c) Every two years.
(d) Every five years.
11. How long did it take to get the first photographs taken by a U-2?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 days.
12. For how many years did the Taiwanese squadron fly U-2s over Red China?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
13. How long was test pilot Bob Riedenauer laid up after the first F-117A was taken up for a test flight, and there were problems with the plane?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 4 months.
14. For whom was the test site built where the Have Blue was tested?
(a) Air Force.
15. During what war did the Arabs use Soviet SAM-5s, defensive surface-to-air missiles?
(a) Six Day War.
(b) Intifada I.
(c) Israel-Hamas War.
(d) Yom Kippur War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far could the F-117 stealth fighter fly without refueling?
2. How old was Francis Powers when he flew the U-2 that crashed in Russia?
3. How many missiles did Hussein have in and around Baghdad?
4. How much did Johnson have to borrow to cover U-2 production costs when the government was late making payments?
5. What would be the equivalent radar signature of the Hopeless Diamond?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)