|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What foreign object was left inside the fuel tank of an Electra plane that forced the plane to land early?
(a) A vacuum cleaner.
(b) A hard hat.
(c) A wrench.
(d) A tool box.
2. How many of the workers who applied for jobs with the Skunk Works flunked the drug testing?
(a) 58 percent.
(b) 23 percent.
(c) 44 percent.
(d) 12 percent.
3. Where did Powers' fateful flight originate?
4. How far could the F-117 stealth fighter fly without refueling?
(a) 900 miles.
(b) 750 miles.
(c) 1500 miles.
(d) 1200 miles.
5. How close was the hydrogen complex to the Municipal Airport's in-bound runway?
(a) Less than 500 yards.
(b) 1,500 yards.
(c) Less than 1,000 yards.
(d) 2,000 yards.
6. Where in Europe were the U-2s to fly from?
7. What size wooden model was tested of the Hopeless Diamond?
(a) 12 ft.
(b) 10 ft.
(c) 7 ft.
(d) 5 ft.
8. When did Rich first work for Johnson?
(a) November 1954.
(b) March 1955.
(c) December 1954.
(d) January 1955.
9. During a night flight out of Turkey, how many fighters did the Soviets scramble against a U-2?
10. How did Rich's wife Faye die?
(a) Boating accident.
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Breat cancer.
(d) Auto accident.
11. What were the Soviet bombers nicknamed that Khrushchev had overfly the May Day parade in 1954?
12. What was the target date for the completion of Have Blue?
(a) March 12, 1976.
(b) April 18, 1975.
(c) December 1, 1977.
(d) October 12, 1978.
13. How was Johnson injured when he was in a nearly fatal car wreck in 1955?
(a) Four broken ribs.
(b) Broken collarbone.
(c) Broken hip.
(d) A shattered knee cap.
14. What was Rich's alias when he was researching liquid hydrogen?
(a) Rich Mann.
(b) John Dunne.
(c) Pryor Brown.
(d) Ben Dover.
15. When did Johnson start the Skunk Works?
(a) During the Vietnam War.
(b) After the Cuban missile crisis.
(c) During the Korean War.
(d) During World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Marty Knutson fly the U-2?
2. How long did it take McDonnell Douglas to build the fighters it began building at the same time Skunk Works was building stealth fighters?
3. What was the Taiwanese U-2 squadron nicknamed?
4. What bomber was the United States using to counter the Soviet heavy bombers?
5. When Have Blue overheated near the tail during engine test runs, what was used to build a heat shield?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)