|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the 43 bridges spanning the Tigris-Euphrates River did the F-117A knock out?
2. When was the Skunk Works headquarters built?
3. During what war did the Arabs use Soviet SAM-5s, defensive surface-to-air missiles?
(a) Intifada I.
(b) Six Day War.
(c) Israel-Hamas War.
(d) Yom Kippur War.
4. What was the temperature at 8 a.m. on an August day in 1979?
5. What would be the equivalent radar signature of the Hopeless Diamond?
(a) D-21 drone.
(b) An eagle's eyeball.
(c) Piper Cub.
(d) T-38 trainer.
6. Who was a test pilot for the U-2?
(a) Tony LeVier.
(b) Roy Anderson.
(c) Bob Allen.
(d) Dick Boehme.
7. Who owned the test track where a model of the Hopeless Diamond was tested?
(b) McDonnell Douglas.
8. How old was Francis Powers when he flew the U-2 that crashed in Russia?
9. What was the target date for the completion of Have Blue?
(a) October 12, 1978.
(b) March 12, 1976.
(c) December 1, 1977.
(d) April 18, 1975.
10. How many years did the U-2 fly over the Soviet Union?
11. Who conducted tests in 1976 to determine if the claims Rich made about Have Blue were true?
(a) Brian Talbertson.
(b) David Wyatt.
(c) Andrew Johnson.
(d) Lindsay Anderson.
12. When did retired Skunk Works' director Kelly Johnson join Lockheed?
13. Where did Rich get his undergraduate degree?
14. How many years was Powers sentenced to hard labor by the Soviets?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
15. How many different missile systems did the Russian deploy to defend their cities and strategic interests?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours could the U-2 fly without refueling?
2. Where did Powers' fateful flight originate?
3. When Have Blue overheated near the tail during engine test runs, what was used to build a heat shield?
4. What was the F-117A nicknamed?
5. Where was Johnson hurt in a nearly fatal car wreck in 1955?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)