|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the target date for the completion of Have Blue?
(a) December 1, 1977.
(b) April 18, 1975.
(c) March 12, 1976.
(d) October 12, 1978.
2. In the 1950s, how frequently was Lockheed producing a new airplane?
(a) Every five years.
(b) Every two years.
(c) About every three years.
(d) About every six years.
3. How long did Johnson work at Lockheed?
(a) 42 years.
(b) 46 years.
(c) 34 years.
(d) 39 years.
4. What bomber was the United States using to counter the Soviet heavy bombers?
5. How much did it cost to build the facility where the U-2 was tested?
6. For how many years did the Taiwanese squadron fly U-2s over Red China?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
7. Compared to Have Blue, what was the radar signature of other fighters?
(a) A shopping mall.
(b) A semi-truck.
(c) A skyscraper.
(d) A Greyhound bus.
8. How much did it cost to build each U-2?
(a) $7 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $9 million.
(d) $1 million.
9. How long did it take from start to finish for a new airplane to become operational on a flight line?
(a) 9 years.
(b) About 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) As long as 12 years.
10. How many of the 43 bridges spanning the Tigris-Euphrates River did the F-117A knock out?
11. What type of missiles did the Marines have in August 1979?
12. How long were the rolls of film in U-2?
(a) 1750 ft. rolls.
(b) 1500 ft. rolls.
(c) 3600 ft. rolls.
(d) 2800 ft. rolls.
13. Where did Northrop and Skunk Works test their stealth designs?
(a) New Mexico.
14. When was Powers released from the Soviet Union?
(a) July 1964.
(b) September 1965.
(c) March 1963.
(d) February 1962.
15. What type of a deadline was Skunk Works given to test-fly the first stealth fighter?
(a) 48 months.
(b) 32 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 22 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years was Powers sentenced to hard labor by the Soviets?
2. At what altitude did Skunk Works hope the U-2 would be able to fly?
3. How long was test pilot Bob Riedenauer laid up after the first F-117A was taken up for a test flight, and there were problems with the plane?
4. How close was the hydrogen complex to the Municipal Airport's in-bound runway?
5. What was the code name for the hydrogen fueled plane?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)