|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Northrop and Skunk Works test their stealth designs?
(d) New Mexico.
2. During what war did the Arabs use Soviet SAM-5s, defensive surface-to-air missiles?
(a) Intifada I.
(b) Six Day War.
(c) Yom Kippur War.
(d) Israel-Hamas War.
3. How long was test pilot Bob Riedenauer laid up after the first F-117A was taken up for a test flight, and there were problems with the plane?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 5 months.
4. Who owned the test track where a model of the Hopeless Diamond was tested?
(d) McDonnell Douglas.
5. How much money did Rich earn weekly when he first worked for Johnson?
6. How many different missile systems did the Russian deploy to defend their cities and strategic interests?
7. How high did Have Blue fly for the test flight?
(a) 7,500 feet.
(b) 5,000 feet.
(c) 10,000 feet.
(d) 8,000 feet.
8. How long did it take from start to finish for a new airplane to become operational on a flight line?
(a) As long as 12 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 9 years.
(d) About 10 years.
9. What was the Taiwanese U-2 squadron nicknamed?
(b) Dark Fighters.
(c) Black Cats.
(d) Black Knights.
10. When did the Defense Department reveal the F-117A?
11. What was the area called where Rich and Robertson worked with the liquid hydrogen?
(a) Fort Rich.
(b) Fort Johnson.
(c) Fort Skunk.
(d) Fort Robertson.
12. For whom was the test site built where the Have Blue was tested?
(b) Air Force.
13. When was the F-117A first used in combat?
(a) Desert Storm.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Yom Kippur War.
(d) Strike against Kaddafi.
14. How far were test pilots able to fly the U-2 on one tank of gas?
(a) 4,500 miles.
(b) 3,000 miles.
(c) 6,000 miles.
(d) 5,000 miles.
15. How much did the glider decoys that were launched from the U-2s cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rich's mother born and raised?
2. Which branch of the armed forces did Rich's patent benefit?
3. How many knots did pilots try to maintain in the U-2 when they reached their top altitude?
4. How many F-117As were hit when they flew over Iraq?
5. How long did it take McDonnell Douglas to build the fighters it began building at the same time Skunk Works was building stealth fighters?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)