|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the best time for a test pilot to take off?
(a) 2 hours before sunset.
(b) Just after sunup.
(c) Just before sunset.
(d) 2 hours after sunup.
2. When did retired Skunk Works' director Kelly Johnson join Lockheed?
3. Where did Northrop and Skunk Works test their stealth designs?
(d) New Mexico.
4. How many new workers were added at Skunk Works by Rich's third anniversary since taking over from Johnson?
5. About how many hours of flying did Al Whitley have logged in when he flew the F-117A?
(a) About 1,000.
(b) About 1,200.
(c) About 750.
(d) About 900.
6. In the 1950s, how frequently was Lockheed producing a new airplane?
(a) Every two years.
(b) Every five years.
(c) About every three years.
(d) About every six years.
7. How much did it cost to build the facility where the U-2 was tested?
8. How close was the hydrogen complex to the Municipal Airport's in-bound runway?
(a) 1,500 yards.
(b) Less than 1,000 yards.
(c) Less than 500 yards.
(d) 2,000 yards.
9. How long did it take to get the first photographs taken by a U-2?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 5 days.
10. What type of bombs did the F-117As use in Baghdad?
(b) Mark 81.
(d) CBU Mark 20.
11. What type of a deadline was Skunk Works given to test-fly the first stealth fighter?
(a) 48 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 32 months.
(d) 22 months.
12. What type of missiles did the Marines have in August 1979?
13. What were the Soviet bombers nicknamed that Khrushchev had overfly the May Day parade in 1954?
14. Where was Rich born and raised?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. How many F-117As were hit when they flew over Iraq?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many missiles did Hussein have in and around Baghdad?
2. For how many years did the Taiwanese squadron fly U-2s over Red China?
3. When did Johnson want Rich to research liquid hydrogen?
4. How big was Building 82 where the first of the two Have Blue prototypes were built?
5. What was the temperature at 8 a.m. on an August day in 1979?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)