|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Two-Billion-Dollar Bomber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did the U-2 fly over the Soviet Union?
2. How old was Rich when the Blackbird was designed?
3. How many years was the Blackbird in service before it was retired?
4. What was the Taiwanese U-2 squadron nicknamed?
(b) Black Cats.
(c) Black Knights.
(d) Dark Fighters.
5. What did Rich say would be the surface heat on the fuselage of a plane that would fly at Mach 12?
(a) 3,000 degrees.
(b) 2,500 degrees.
(c) 1,500 degrees.`
(d) 3,500 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle passed too closely to a truck carrying the Blackbird?
2. What were the Soviet bombers nicknamed that Khrushchev had overfly the May Day parade in 1954?
3. How old was Francis Powers when he flew the U-2 that crashed in Russia?
4. At what altitude did Skunk Works hope the U-2 would be able to fly?
5. What markets did Northrop Aircraft Company wish to pursue in 1972?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)