|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Getting Off the Ground.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Johnson hurt in a nearly fatal car wreck in 1955?
(b) Van Nuys.
2. For how many years did the Taiwanese squadron fly U-2s over Red China?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 14 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. What was the code name for the hydrogen fueled plane?
4. How many years passed before Al Whitley could explain to his wife and kids the meaning of a plaque Rich had given him after he first flew the F-117A?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 6 years.
5. Where were two factory workers killed because of an unstart?
(a) West Virginia.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many hours of flying did Al Whitley have logged in when he flew the F-117A?
2. When did the CIA turn over its remaining U2 aircraft to the Air Force?
3. How was Johnson injured when he was in a nearly fatal car wreck in 1955?
4. How long was test pilot Bob Riedenauer laid up after the first F-117A was taken up for a test flight, and there were problems with the plane?
5. From what distance could the U.S. early-warning radar net track a baseball-size object?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)