|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boomer Petway use to trick Ellen Cherry Charles into marrying him?
(a) He promises her a trip to Europe.
(b) An orange peel.
(c) An RV that looks like a turkey.
(d) A story about her father's dying wish.
2. What is Spike Cohen's fetish?
(c) Sex toys.
3. Boomer sells one of his sculptures on the condition that he has to go where to assemble it?
(b) Colonial Pines.
(d) Greenwich Village.
4. What kind of a stand does Roland Abu Hadee open?
(a) Hot dog.
5. Who says that Buddy Winkler's look while preaching "Makes me feel like he wants to chew the elastic outta my underpants"?
(a) Boomer Petway.
(b) Ellen Cherry Charles.
(c) Verlin Charles.
(d) Patsy Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who compares the American cowboy to the samurai?
2. What happens when Boomer and Ellen Cherry are in the western bar?
3. What city does Ellen Cherry move to after she recovers from the shock of leaving art school?
4. After Ellen Cherry gets advice from her bosses, who does she go to for inspiration?
5. What does Buddy get in trouble with law for doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ellen Cherry's eye game.
2. What does Robbins say about religion at the end of the Fourth Veil?
3. One of Abu Hadee's favorite quotes is "A shadow does not belong to the object that casts it." What do you think of the significance of this? How does it relate to the rest of the novel so far?
4. Why do you think that Ellen Cherry wants Boomer to call her "Jezebel" when they are intimate?
5. The Third Veil turns out to be the veil of political illusion. Robbins says that politics is "the compulsion to preside over property and make other people's decisions for them." He says that liberty can't be a result of political action. In what ways does this seem true and in what ways not true?
6. Why does Boomer turn an airstream into a Turkey?
7. Can 'o Beans says that "imprecise speech is one of the major causes of mental illness in human beings." What do you think is meant by this?
8. What do you think Robbins is saying by personifying objects and having them secretly move?
9. Explain the symbolism of the I & I.
10. What do you think is significant about the fact that Boomer and Ellen Cherry wake up Painted Stick and Conch Shell?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)