|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the Airstream turkey?
(a) The Natural History Museum.
(b) The state of New York.
(d) The Modern Museum of Art.
2. Why do Painted Stick and Conch Shell want to help the other objects?
(a) Because it is their fault they get left behind.
(b) Because they think they can help them navigate through the unfamiliar modern world.
(c) Because they find them charming.
(d) Because they want the company.
3. Who wakes up at the end of the First Veil?
(a) Ellen Cherry.
(b) Purple Rock and Twisted Pine.
(c) Painted Stick and Conch Shell.
4. What is the alleged miracle the Verlin and Patsy bring Buddy to see?
(a) A potato in the image of Jesus.
(b) The reincarnation of Jesus.
(c) A statue of Jesus crying real tears.
(d) The image of Jesus on a refridgerator.
5. Why does Can 'o Beans want to be left behind on the way to New York?
(a) So he doesn't slow the group down.
(b) So he can try to find Ellen Cherry.
(c) Because he's afraid of Jerusalem.
(d) Because he doesn't believe in Painted Stick and Conch Shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Boomer Petway is in high school, he is the best at what?
2. What is Turn Around Norman's trick?
3. What is the subject of the painting is Ellen Cherry working on, while she and Boomer are driving across the country?
4. What happens to Spike Cohen?
5. Who do the objects send to follow Turn Around Norman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Patsy suspects Buddy of seeking fame and fortune through his preaching. Does this seem likely to you, based on what you know so far about Buddy?
2. All of the objects are given a gender except Can 'o Beans. Why is this significant?
3. Describe Ellen Cherry's eye game.
4. Why does Boomer turn an airstream into a Turkey?
5. What do we learn about Buddy and Verlin when they forcefully remove Ellen Cherry from her art class?
6. When Buddy goes to answer a knock at his door, he has an erection from reading about a Christian wife who goes to bed with her make-up on. What does this incident tell us about Buddy?
7. Dirty Sock seems to the be the only one of the objects who takes on a particular human's personality. Whose personality does Dirty Sock usurp and do you think this is significant in some way?
8. Why do you think that Ellen Cherry wants Boomer to call her "Jezebel" when they are intimate?
9. The first line in this section is "the pendulum swung yet again." It is referring to Can 'o Beans account of religious history. What does this suggest about religion?
10. Describe why Boomer says he feels guilty about his success as an artist.
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)