|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the streets of New York deserted the night that Spike returns after being shot?
(a) The Super Bowl is on TV.
(b) It's below zero temperatures.
(c) It's Christmas day.
(d) There's been a terrorist attack on the city.
2. How do the objects that are with Buddy plan to get to Jerusalem?
(a) They escape to an ocean liner.
(b) They don't know yet.
(c) They stow away in a shipment Buddy is sending there.
(d) They stow away in his luggage.
3. Who or What do the objects in the drawer with Spoon think Phoenicians are?
(a) A race of sailors.
(b) Inventors of the Phoenician Blind.
(d) Bagel makers.
4. What does Ellen Cherry notice about her apartment after the detective is there?
(a) She can't find Spoon.
(b) Her drawers are all emptied.
(c) Her window is shut.
(d) Her phone cords are cut.
5. Where does the detective deposit Spoon after leaving the I & I?
(a) He takes it home with him.
(b) He leaves it on the table at the I & I.
(c) In the trash.
(d) With Ellen Cherry.
6. Who does spoon hit when she falls out of the window of Ellen Cherry's apartment?
(d) Ellen Cherry.
7. Where does Ellen Cherry have to go to pick up the money Boomer sends her?
(a) Colonial Pines.
(b) The Guggenheim.
(c) The west end post office.
(d) To Ultima's office.
8. How do the objects manage to escape the church?
(a) They get Buddy to unlock the door.
(b) They start a fire.
(c) They get Ellen Cherry to get them.
(d) They create a noisy commotion.
9. From what vantage point does Spoon spy on Ellen Cherry and her family?
(a) The radiator.
(b) The mantle.
(c) The coffee table.
(d) The floor.
10. What is the bumper sticker slogan that Ellen Cherry and Boomer sees as they are driving across the country?
(a) "Christains for Israel".
(b) "Some like it hot".
(c) "Project Whirrled Peas".
(d) "I'd rather be ---".
11. Who sends flowers to Ellen Cherry and signs it "the Master of Disguise"?
12. What does Spoon do to prove her locomotion to the other objects in Ellen Cherry's drawer?
(a) Jump out of the drawer.
(c) Pick up the underwear.
13. To what does Abu attribute the frequent accomplishments of the Jews?
(a) Sheer luck.
(b) Their focus on the present instead of the afterlife.
(c) Their innate sense of mathematics.
(d) Their work ethic.
14. Who does Ellen call to see if Boomer is back in town?
15. Who does Painted Stick strike?
(a) Turn Around Norman.
(d) Ellen Cherry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Buddy say he's glad Boomer is in Jerusalem?
2. Which goddess is associated with the Dance of the Seven Veils?
3. What surprises Spoon about Painted Stick's reception of her after she rejoins the other objects?
4. Who warns Ellen Cherry about the probable result of destroying the Dome of the Rock?
5. What task does Boomer perform for Buddy in Jerusalem?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)