|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Ellen Cherry for Christmas?
(a) Turn Around Norman.
(d) Patsy and Verlin.
2. What does Spoon do to prove her locomotion to the other objects in Ellen Cherry's drawer?
(b) Jump out of the drawer.
(c) Pick up the underwear.
3. Who does Painted Stick strike?
(a) Turn Around Norman.
(b) Ellen Cherry.
4. Who returns Spoon to Ellen Cherry?
(c) Abu Hadee.
5. How does Painted Stick move quickly?
(a) He rolls longways.
(b) He vibrates so rapidly that he is propelled almost above the ground.
(c) He hops as if on one leg.
(d) He spins from end to end like a wheel.
6. What does Ellen Cherry notice about her apartment after the detective is there?
(a) Her window is shut.
(b) Her phone cords are cut.
(c) Her drawers are all emptied.
(d) She can't find Spoon.
7. How do the objects that are with Buddy plan to get to Jerusalem?
(a) They stow away in his luggage.
(b) They don't know yet.
(c) They escape to an ocean liner.
(d) They stow away in a shipment Buddy is sending there.
8. How does Ellen Cherry characterize the new belly dancer?
(a) She says she has skinny legs.
(b) She says she's chubby.
(c) She says she's flamboyant.
(d) She says her lips are too pouty.
9. What human emotion does Can 'o Beans say both Carols and Rap are rooted in?
10. What inspires or convinces the belly dancer to do the Dance of the Seven Veils?
(a) Ellen Cherry's mural.
(d) Boomer's sculpture.
11. What shift is Ellen Cherry mostly working around Christmas time?
(a) Cocktail waitress.
(b) Lunch server.
(c) Breakfast server.
12. What task does Boomer perform for Buddy in Jerusalem?
(a) He delivers welding supplies to a group of rabbis.
(b) He transfers money into a Israeli bank account.
(c) He carries a flock of chickens to a an old folks home.
(d) He collects rocks from the Temple Mount.
13. Who is left behind, never to leave the church?
(a) Dirty Sock.
(b) Conch Shell.
(c) Can 'o Beans.
14. What makes the I & I the most popular restaurant in the city?
(a) Ellen Cherry.
(b) Ellen Cherry's art.
(c) The belly dancer.
(d) The high definition TV.
15. Which painting does Ellen Cherry sell for $7000?
(a) Boomer with the tongues.
(b) Nude Boomer with an ice cream cone instead of loins.
(c) The objects.
(d) A surreal landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which objects are picked up by Buddy in the Seventh Veil?
2. What does Ellen Cherry do with the spoon when she takes her out of the drawer?
3. What nationality does Salome, the belly dancer, claim to be?
4. Who does spoon hit when she falls out of the window of Ellen Cherry's apartment?
5. What painting does Buddy accidentally uncover in Ellen Cherry's apartment?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)