|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Conch Shell and Painted Stick maintain that King Solomon is not?
2. What happens to Spike Cohen?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He gets shot in the head.
(d) He is beat up by a patron at the restaurant.
3. How does Boomer's turkey get noticed by a well-known art dealer?
(a) Boomer backs into the dealer's car at the grocery store.
(b) The dealer is coming by to look at Ellen Cherry's paintings.
(c) Ellen Cherry parks it outside an art museum.
(d) The dealer sees it and puts an ad in the classifieds looking for the creator.
4. What event keeps being repeated at the I & I?
(a) Bomb threats.
(b) Sightings of famous people.
(c) Art shows.
5. What does Buddy tell Ellen Cherry she should do after seeing her at the I & I?
(a) Divorce Boomer.
(b) Get back together with Boomer.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Stop making art.
6. When Boomer Petway is in high school, he is the best at what?
(d) Track and field.
7. What resolve does Ellen Cherry make with regard to her art as a result of Boomer's successful art show?
(a) To paint one picture every day.
(b) To quit.
(c) To be more dedicated.
(d) To begin sculpting instead of painting.
8. What does Ellen Cherry invite Boomer to do in order to seduce him?
(a) Go fishing.
(b) Go spelunking.
(c) Go for a walk in the woods.
(d) Go hunting.
9. What does Ellen Cherry paint shortly after beginning work at the I & I?
(a) The objects.
(c) The I & I.
10. Where do the objects hide when they get to Manhattan?
(a) Ellen Cherry's apartment.
(b) The I & I.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A cathedral.
11. What does Ellen Cherry choose to do during her celebration with Boomer at the Drive-in?
(b) Watch the movie.
(c) Make love to Boomer.
(d) Work on her art.
12. What does Boomer look for that he then realizes he and Ellen Cherry leave in the cave?
(a) Dirty sock.
(b) Painted Stick.
(d) Can 'o Beans.
13. To what does Patsy Charles attribute Ellen Cherry Charles' move to New York?
(a) Her uncle's in laws loaned her money.
(b) Patsy's influence.
(c) Ellen Cherry's wildness.
(d) Her father's encouragment to become an artist.
14. How is Colonial Pines described?
(a) An agricultural mecca.
(b) A suburb without a nearby city.
(c) A typical American small town.
(d) A thriving metropolis.
15. Why do Painted Stick and Conch Shell want to help the other objects?
(a) Because it is their fault they get left behind.
(b) Because they think they can help them navigate through the unfamiliar modern world.
(c) Because they want the company.
(d) Because they find them charming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the painting is Ellen Cherry working on, while she and Boomer are driving across the country?
2. What does Spoon do to try and get ride of the Porcupine?
3. Who watches Buddy preaching to Ellen Cherry?
4. What does Ellen Cherry do while she watches Turn Around Norman?
5. What is the nickname that the Berliners make up for Spike Cohen's family?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)