|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, religion inevitably leads to what?
2. What is Jezebel's common reputation?
(a) Harlot and an idolator.
(b) Good samaritan.
(c) Christian martyr.
(d) Reformed Christian.
3. To what does Patsy Charles attribute Ellen Cherry Charles' move to New York?
(a) Her uncle's in laws loaned her money.
(b) Her father's encouragment to become an artist.
(c) Ellen Cherry's wildness.
(d) Patsy's influence.
4. What "bomb" does Ellen Cherry get in the mail?
(a) News of Buddy's death.
(b) A plane ticket to Jerusalem.
(c) Divorce papers.
(d) An invitation to Boomer's art show.
5. Who showed up on a bus outside the I & I?
6. What does Boomer Petway use to trick Ellen Cherry Charles into marrying him?
(a) A story about her father's dying wish.
(b) An orange peel.
(c) An RV that looks like a turkey.
(d) He promises her a trip to Europe.
7. Who is attacked by a porcupine?
(a) Painted Stick.
(b) Dirty Sock.
(c) Conch Shell.
(d) Can 'o Beans.
8. What does Spoon do to try and get ride of the Porcupine?
(a) Hit it with her ladle.
(b) Make noise by hitting a rock.
(c) Distract it by dancing around.
(d) Catapult Pebbles at it.
9. What is the subject of the painting is Ellen Cherry working on, while she and Boomer are driving across the country?
(a) The Ocean.
(c) The Turkey.
10. Who brings the Airstream turkey?
(a) The Natural History Museum.
(c) The state of New York.
(d) The Modern Museum of Art.
11. Who does Ellen Cherry borrow $500 from after leaving art school?
12. What happens when Boomer and Ellen Cherry are in the western bar?
(a) Ellen Cherry falls down the stairs.
(b) Boomer gets in a fight.
(c) Boomer calls his father.
(d) Ellen Cherry gets hit on.
13. What is Roland Abu Hadee's distinguishing feature?
(a) A missing eye.
(b) His height.
(c) A red nose.
(d) Large hands.
14. Why does Ellen Cherry Charles leave art school?
(a) She wants to make art about life not school.
(b) Her parents refuse to keep paying for it.
(c) Her father and uncle drag her out of class.
(d) She feels that it is too stuck up.
15. Boomer sells one of his sculptures on the condition that he has to go where to assemble it?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(d) Colonial Pines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buddy tell Ellen Cherry she should do after seeing her at the I & I?
2. What does Roland Abu Hadee do after he is kicked out of school?
3. What is Ellen Cherry's first job out of art school?
4. Who mends Can 'o Beans with a welding torch?
5. What does Ellen Cherry resolve with regard to Turn Around Norman?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)