|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Turn Around Norman's trick?
(a) Turning around slowly.
(b) Walking on his hands through revolving doors.
2. What does Ellen Cherry say is the problem with New York artists?
(a) That they're only in it for fame and money.
(b) That they are unoriginal.
(c) That they can't recognize real art.
(d) That they're all about parties and partying.
3. What about Conch Shell immediately attracts Dirty Sock?
(a) The sound of her shell scratching along the cave.
(b) Her feminine attributes.
(c) Her beautiful voice.
(d) The color of her shell.
4. What does Buddy tell Ellen Cherry she should do after seeing her at the I & I?
(a) Get back together with Boomer.
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Stop making art.
(d) Divorce Boomer.
5. Who watches Buddy preaching to Ellen Cherry?
(c) The objects.
6. What do Conch Shell and Painted Stick say happens after the Second Coming?
(a) Nothing changes.
(b) Objects and animals resume their rightful place in the world.
(c) People become extinct.
(d) Objects rise to power over humans and animals.
7. What is Boomer's sculpture in the Fifth Veil constructed out of?
(a) Toilet paper rolls.
(b) Duct tape.
(d) Empty paint cans.
8. What does Painted Stick say he is used for?
(a) As a magic wand.
(b) As a navigational device.
(c) As a walking stick.
(d) For divination purposes.
9. After Boomer picks Ellen Cherry up in the Turkey, where do they go?
(b) They don't know.
(c) Back home.
(d) New York.
10. What does Ellen Cherry invite Boomer to do in order to seduce him?
(a) Go for a walk in the woods.
(b) Go hunting.
(c) Go spelunking.
(d) Go fishing.
11. What is Roland Abu Hadee's distinguishing feature?
(a) A red nose.
(b) A missing eye.
(c) His height.
(d) Large hands.
12. Who does Ellen Cherry borrow $500 from after leaving art school?
13. To whom do the airstream (that becomes the turkey) originally belong?
(b) Boomer's father.
14. What is the fifth veil?
(a) The illusion of art.
(b) The illusion of fame.
(c) The illusion of financial worth.
(d) The illusion of human creation.
15. What is the third veil?
(a) The veil of human truth.
(b) The veil of political illusion.
(c) The veil of reincarnation.
(d) The veil of self knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, religion inevitably leads to what?
2. How do Painted Stick and Conch Shell know Jezebel?
3. How does Spoon end up with Ellen Cherry?
4. How does Boomer's turkey get noticed by a well-known art dealer?
5. What is Boomer's compliment for Ellen Cherry's hair?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)