|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Veil (pgs. 101-119).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the ancient observatory, where Conch Shell and Painted Stick live, funded?
(a) By Jezebel's family.
(b) By donations made to the oracle.
(c) By holy prostitutes.
(d) By plunder from war.
2. Who donates Conch Shell to the Observatory?
(c) The Israelites.
(d) The Phoenecians.
3. What things make Buddy doubt God?
(a) His unfulfilled desire for fame and wealth.
(b) His bad teeth and the pustules on his face.
(c) The death of his parents.
(d) His inability to find a wife and have children.
4. Where is Painted Stick abandoned?
(a) On a rooftop.
(b) In a basement.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a cave.
5. How is Colonial Pines described?
(a) A suburb without a nearby city.
(b) An agricultural mecca.
(c) A typical American small town.
(d) A thriving metropolis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jezebel's common reputation?
2. What does Ellen Cherry Charles do while she and Boomer Petway are in the rodeo town near Idaho?
3. How do Painted Stick and Conch Shell know Jezebel?
4. What does Can 'o Beans identify as one of the major causes of mental illness in human beings?
5. What frustrates Boomer about people's reaction to the Turkey?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)