|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Veil (pgs. 101-119).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is described by the narrator as "Turning modern technology to their idiosyncratic advantage"?
2. What is the alleged miracle the Verlin and Patsy bring Buddy to see?
(a) The image of Jesus on a refridgerator.
(b) A statue of Jesus crying real tears.
(c) A potato in the image of Jesus.
(d) The reincarnation of Jesus.
3. What do Painted Stick and Conch shell reveal that Jezebel actually is?
(a) Worshipper of Astarte.
(b) Voodoo priestess.
(c) Christian saint.
(d) Descendent of King David.
4. What does Buddy get in trouble with law for doing?
(b) Preaching outside a restaurant.
(c) Hitting Patsy.
(d) Urinating in public.
5. The only time we see Buddy at home, what is he doing that is unusual for him?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Consulting the bible.
(d) Talking on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Patsy Charles attribute Ellen Cherry Charles' move to New York?
2. After sleeping together, what do Ellen Cherry and Boomer leave behind?
3. What is Boomer Petway's trade?
4. Why do Painted Stick and Conch Shell want to help the other objects?
5. After Boomer picks Ellen Cherry up in the Turkey, where do they go?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)