|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much heavier is Online Talbo than Richard?
2. What does T.C. fire at in Chapter 15 when Richard refuses to leave the boat?
3. What does Skink have crammed in his empty eye socket at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. How fast can the man's boat go that Richard hitches a ride with in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 17, how does Richard say that he located T.C. and Malley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will the houseboat engine not start in Chapter 17?
2. What does Richard sees when he first views the houseboat?
3. What happens to the canoe in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Nickle kill and transport gar in his boat?
5. What gear is lost with the canoe?
6. What does Skink look like when he shows up on the houseboat in Chapter 16?
7. What is the man like that Richard hitches a boat ride with in Chapter 12?
8. What did Richard's dad once say about evil?
9. Why does Richard not use bug repellant in Chapter 12?
10. What is the weather like shortly after Skink arrives on the houseboat in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters discover that their actions have consequences. What actions - especially for Richard and Malley - catch up to the characters? What consequences do they face because of their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Deductive reasoning is used by Richard and Skink to find Malley. How do they use deductive reasoning, and how is that type of reasoning used to find Malley?
Essay Topic 3
Richard loses contact with Skink and Mr. Tile. Why do those two men disappear? What does their disappearance reveal about the men and the types of lives they lead?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)