|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Skink give Richard to read in Chapter 9?
2. What year is the car that the fake Talbo Chock stole and used to pick up Malley?
3. What does the man wear on his head who Richard finds hiding in a sand pile in Chapter 1?
4. What does Trent do for a living?
5. How old was Richard's father when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man look like that Richard finds hiding in a sand mound in Chapter 1?
2. Who is Dodge Olney?
3. What do the police discover when they start looking for Malley in Chapter 4?
4. What does Richard's mother do for a living?
5. What does Richard carry for protection on the beach and why?
6. What has Malley told Richard about the boarding school where her parents are sending her?
7. Why doesRichard not text Malley when he is waiting for her at the beach at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. What does Skink do when the driver of a blue SUV tosses a beer can out his window in Chapter 7?
9. According to Malley, who is Talbo Chock?
10. What do Richard's mom and his Uncle Dan do as an effort to get information about Malley's whereabouts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Malley threatens to tell Richard’s mother about something he did. Why does she threaten to tell what Richard did, and why is Richard so concerned that Malley will tell his mother that he hesitates to share that Malley is missing? What does this reveal about both Malley and Richard's characters?
Essay Topic 2
The title of the book is Skink—No Surrender. What is the meaning of the title? How is the meaning of the title revealed throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Skink makes an observation that “We are who we are.” How would you describe Richard and Skink’s character? How does their character and who they are influence decisions they make and things they do? In what ways are they who they are?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)