|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what color has Malley died her hair?
2. What does Richard take with him for balance and defense when he goes to rescue Malley in Chapter 12?
(a) Baseball bat.
(b) Tree limb.
(c) Iron bar.
3. What does Richard have to eat when he is on the houseboat with Malley and T.C. in Chapter 14?
(a) Potato chips.
(b) Bread and peanut butter.
(d) Granola bars.
4. What time of day does T.C. say that he and Malley will be married?
5. At the end of Chapter 17, where does the bullet graze Skink when Tommy fires after the houseboat hits something?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the houseboat the Richard sees at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What did Richard take in Saint Augustine?
3. How much taller is Malley than Richard?
4. What was the name of the beagle-setter mix dog that Richard's family once had?
5. In Chapter 15, when does T.C. say that he and Malley are getting married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Richard and Malley start walking in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Richard say that Hernando de Soto is responsible for the dilemma he and Malley find themselves in in Chapter 19?
3. What gear is lost with the canoe?
4. Why does Richard not use bug repellant in Chapter 12?
5. What does Richard sees when he first views the houseboat?
6. What does Malley tell her parents when she calls them from a pay phone in Chapter 20?
7. Why does Richard not think that he and Malley see an ivory-billed woodpecker in Chapter 18?
8. What is the man like that Richard hitches a boat ride with in Chapter 12?
9. What happens to the canoe in Chapter 11?
10. What is the weather like shortly after Skink arrives on the houseboat in Chapter 16?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)