|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where is Richard's mother going to see his brothers?
(b) Cape Canaveral.
2. What does Skink pick up off the road after he and Richard have been driving a while in Chapter 6?
(a) Sleeping bag.
(b) Dead deer.
(c) Dead crow and opossum.
3. When Olney is arrested in Chapter 5, how many turtle eggs does he have?
4. What does Richard's mother have him carry for protection after dark?
(b) Tire iron.
(c) Baseball bat.
(d) Pepper Spray.
5. Where does Richard wait for his cousin at the beginning of Chapter 1?
6. Where was Skink bitten by a coral snake?
7. In Chapter 1, what time does Richard crouch outside Malley's bedroom window?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
8. What color ribbons are used to mark turtle nests?
(c) Screaming yellow.
(d) Hot pink.
9. Who texts Richard while he is waiting for Malley in Chapter 1?
(a) His mom.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His stepdad.
10. What type of fish does Skink think they hear splash by the bridge pilings in Chapter 10?
11. In Chapter 10, where does Etta say she saw a young couple?
(a) In a shack by the river.
(b) On the shore past the bend.
(c) In a houseboat.
(d) In an old lean-to on an island.
12. When does Skink say that he saw an ivory-billed woodpecker?
(a) July 12, 2010.
(b) February 23, 2006.
(c) April 17, 2009.
(d) March 3, 2008.
13. In Chapter 5, how long has it been since Trent sold a house?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) 11 months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Eight months.
14. What does Trent do for a living?
(a) Truck driver.
(c) School teacher.
(d) Real estate agent.
15. What is the first song that plays on the CD Richard feeds into the slot on the car stereo in Chapter 6?
(a) Thunder Road.
(b) Stairway to Heaven.
(c) All Right Now.
(d) Run Through the Jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before Malley ran away was Marine Corporal Talbo Chock buried?
2. How tall was Richard's dad?
3. Where was the last known population of ivory-billed woodpeckers wiped out?
4. How many bottles of water do Richard and Skink bring on their canoe trip in Chapter 10?
5. In what direction do Skink and Richard head as they drive to look for Malley in Chapter 6?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)