• Richard waits for his cousin Malley on the beach where they like to look for sea turtle eggs.
• He tries calling her, and he waits two hours, but she does not show up.
• Even though Malley often gets in trouble and does crazy things, she is always on time.
• Richard and Malley often find turtle egg nests. They like to report the nests to the state wildlife office, and an officer is then sent out to mark the nest.
• Richard walks down the beach and sees a new dig marked with the pink warning ribbons.
• Richard sits down holding the aluminum baseball bat his mother always makes him carry for protection when he goes to the beach after dark.
• After hearing the distinct sound of breathing, Richard discovers a straw in the new turtle nest that someone seems to be using to breath through.
• Richard grabs...
This section contains 3,292 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)