|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie want to do after videotaping her explanation of Victoria's death?
2. What does Dr. Dicer show Mick can happen during a nose job?
3. How does Mick feel about the detectives assigned to Chloe's case?
4. Why does Mick say he killed the corrupt judge?
5. How does Mick use his brother-in-law to help him find information about Dr. Graveline?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reynaldo react to Chloe's funeral?
2. Why does Dr. Graveline hire a hit man to kill Mick?
3. How does Mick figure out someone is watching him in Chapter 3?
4. What do Maggie and Chemo talk about in Central Park?
5. What happens when Dr. Graveline meets with Dade County Commissioner Roberto Pepsical in Chapter 10?
6. What happens after Chemo falls in the water after shooting Mick?
7. What does Christine see when she hires a shrimper to take her past Mick's house?
8. How does Reynaldo Flemm begin his reconnaissance work in Dr. Graveline's office?
9. How does Mick react when Chemo comes to his house on the jet ski?
10. What happens when Mick goes to the hospital after Chemo shoots him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use flashbacks to develop the characters and plot in this novel? Is this technique successful?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the author's use of language to reveal characters. How does word choice impact the reader's opinion of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of this novel. Using details and examples from the novel, explain how the text fits into your selected genre. How does this categorization affect the novel?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)