|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much tipster money is Reynaldo offering for stories about Chloe's drowning?
2. Why does the Barracuda under Mick's dock attack Chemo?
3. How does Mick use his brother-in-law to help him find information about Dr. Graveline?
4. Why does the cabin cruiser in Chapter 3 concern Mick?
5. How does Mick identify Chemo as his attacker in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reynaldo react to Chloe's funeral?
2. What does Tina do after she is dumped by Richie?
3. How does visiting with Dr. Dicer for the first time help Mick?
4. What does Chemo do after losing his hand?
5. What description do Murdock and Salazar compile for the suspect in the Chloe case?
6. What does Reynaldo agree to give Maggie after she claims Mick is harassing her?
7. Why does Mick decide to go to New York at the end of Chapter 15?
8. How is Maggie Gonzalez connected to Victoria Barletta?
9. What happens when Chemo knocks on Maggie's door in New York?
10. What does Christine see when she hires a shrimper to take her past Mick's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Mick's romantic relationships throughout the novel, including his five failed marriages. How does this impact the character of Mick?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two or three rescues that occur in this novel. Consider the purpose and success of each rescue.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use flashbacks to develop the characters and plot in this novel? Is this technique successful?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)