|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Graveline unable to use the wood chipper on Reynaldo?
(a) His brother George is dead.
(b) Reynaldo is too large to fit in the wood chipper.
(c) He is too far away from the wood chipper.
(d) The wood chipper is broken.
2. Why does Willie have a hard time filming Reynaldo's plastic surgery?
(a) His camera isn't working right.
(b) Reynaldo is covered up.
(c) He doesn't know what room Reynaldo is in.
(d) Reynaldo lied about what time the surgery was.
3. Who gets upset with Mick for tampering with evidence?
(b) His sister.
4. How many seventeen-year sentences is Chemo serving?
5. Why does Mick have Dr. Graveline's financial assets frozen?
(a) So Mick can prove his strength.
(b) So Mick can watch his accounts.
(c) So he can't do anymore bribes.
(d) So he can't leave town.
6. Where does Mick leave a note inviting Maggie and Chemo to a party at his house?
(a) In Maggie's mailbox.
(b) At Dr. Graveline's house.
(c) Under Chemo's weed wacker.
(d) On the windshield of Chemo's car.
7. Why is Willie the person to ask Dr. Graveline if he killed Victoria?
(a) Because Reynaldo is sedated.
(b) Because Dr. Graveline trusts him.
(c) Because Christine told him to.
(d) Because Reynaldo told him to.
8. What does Mick threaten Reynaldo with in Chapter 27?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A sword.
(c) A gaff.
(d) A rifle.
9. How fast are Murdock and Salazar traveling as they ride up the channel near Old Rhodes Key?
(a) They are idling.
(b) Over forty miles per hour.
(c) About thirty miles per hour.
(d) Twenty miles per hour.
10. What does Kipper do when he decides to handle the Dr. Graveline malpractice case himself?
(a) He sets up a sting operation on Dr. Graveline's office.
(b) He tries to find Maggie.
(c) He interviews Dr. Graveline's clients.
(d) He researches malpractice laws.
11. Why does Reynaldo bypass Christine when he makes the appointment with Dr. Graveline?
(a) Because he wants to get full credit for the report.
(b) Because he wants to prove her wrong.
(c) Because she wasn't answering her phone.
(d) Because he wants to get plastic surgery.
12. Where does Dr. Graveline meet with Commissioner Pepsical to give him $25,000?
(a) The office.
(b) A church.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A gas station.
13. How do the police describe the deaths of Murdock and Salazar?
(a) A boating accident.
(c) A case of mistaken identity.
14. What does Mick do when Al tells him George Graveline isn't cooperating?
(a) Mick forces George to sign a statement.
(b) Mick bribes George.
(c) Mick roughs up George.
(d) Mick burns George's truck.
15. How many positive identifications does Al Garcia get for Chemo as the suspect in the Chloe case?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Graveline die?
2. Why does Commissioner Roberto Pepsical arrange to bribe detectives Murdock and Salazar?
3. How do Murdock and Salazar navigate Old Rhodes Key?
4. What does Maggie end up doing for a job at the end of this novel?
5. Why does Chemo throw his gun in the water when he meets Mick to discuss ransom?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)