|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chee manage to get Cowboy Dashee?
(a) To the pool beside the Salt Woman Shrine.
(b) Most of the way up the canyon to a ledge for the helicopter.
(c) A few feet futher down into the canyon to await a helicopter.
(d) To the side of the trail where there is a flat area for a helicopter.
2. Who knows that Billy is with Sherman?
(a) Only Joe Leaphorn.
(b) No one.
(c) Only Joanna.
(d) Everyone in Chee's group.
3. What is Cowboy Dashee trying to do?
(a) Shoot Chandler.
(b) Catch Billy Tuve.
(c) Flag down Bernie.
(d) Remove one of his boots.
4. Who does Bernie see cooling his feet in the river?
(a) Chee and Jim.
(c) A large, blonde man.
(d) An old man.
5. Where are the tracks?
(a) On the same trail, but one going up and one coming down.
(b) On two parallel horizontal trails.
(c) On the same trail and same direction but not made at the same time.
(d) On two parallel vertical trails.
6. Where do Bernie and Joanna find refuge from the flood?
(a) It does not rain enough to flood.
(b) Up the slope further.
(c) On the ledge where the shaman slept.
(d) Outside the cave.
7. How does Chandler get to the floor of the canyon?
(b) By helicopter.
(c) On an ATV.
(d) By mule.
8. What does Joanna ask Chandler to do?
(a) To look around and make sure the noise she hears is nothing.
(b) To call the helicopter which dropped him in the canyon.
(c) To take the diamonds and leave her the gun.
(d) Stop treating her father's arm so disrespectfully.
9. What is prohibited in the Park Service boundaries?
(b) Non-domesticated farm animals.
10. What does Chandler surmise about Joanna?
(a) She must be the one who shot Sherman and likely has a gun.
(b) She is too timid to use her gun.
(c) She probably killed Billy Tuve.
(d) She is probably not alone.
11. Why does Chee call the Park Service?
(a) To ascertain their position.
(b) For a rescue helicopter.
(c) To tell them they will not be climbing out that day as planned.
(d) To tell them they have found a body.
12. After Chandler talks about his diamonds, what does Joanna think?
(a) That saying "his diamonds" was just a slip of the tongue.
(b) That he never intended to share them.
(c) That he will have to have an accident.
(d) That he is just saying "his diamonds" to give her a hard time.
13. What do Chandler and Joanna think happened to the Shaman?
(a) Chandler thinks he was murdered but Joanna thinks he had an accident.
(b) Chandler thinks he killed himself and Joanna thinks he died by an accident.
(c) Chandler thinks he was murdered but Joanna thinks it was just his time.
(d) Chandler thinks he had an accident and Joanna thinks he was murdered.
14. What happens as Bernie and Chandler are arguing?
(a) It starts raining and water is sluicing down into the cave.
(b) The old Hopi woman sneaks up and knocks out Chandler.
(c) Joe Leaphorn and an FBI agent appear.
(d) Chee appears with two tribal police.
15. Who does Joanna spot on the canyon floor by the river?
(a) Bernie and Mary.
(c) Chee and Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernie realize after seeing the gun?
2. What is important enough about the case to attract the FBI?
3. Where does it appear that Bernie climbs?
4. What does Chee see shooting out of the slot?
5. What does Chandler admonish Joanna to do?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)