|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Chee thinking when he notices the water pouring out of the slot?
(a) If Cowboy is safe from the rushing water.
(b) The fate of Bernie.
(c) How he wishes he had gone apartment hunting after all.
(d) The way the Colorado river has cut some many channels into hard rock.
2. What is prohibited in the Park Service boundaries?
(d) Non-domesticated farm animals.
3. What reflects back Chandler's flashlight beam?
(a) Bernie's glasses.
(b) The eyes of the dead shaman.
(c) The glitter of snuff cans.
(d) The mica in the cave walls.
4. What do the two woman hear as they ease off the ledge?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A horse neighing.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A voice.
5. What does Joanna ask Chandler to do?
(a) To call the helicopter which dropped him in the canyon.
(b) To look around and make sure the noise she hears is nothing.
(c) To take the diamonds and leave her the gun.
(d) Stop treating her father's arm so disrespectfully.
6. What does Chee see shooting out of the slot?
(a) Sherman's corpse.
(b) The shaman's corpse.
(c) An empty briefcase.
(d) A dead coyote.
7. What does she decide about Joanna and Chandler?
(a) They do not know where they are.
(b) They are lost tourists.
(c) They will take the diamonds and leave shortly.
(d) They are armed and dangerous.
8. What are other significant finds that Bernie makes?
(a) An arm bone and empty snuff cans.
(b) Diamonds and Chandler's corpse.
(c) Diamonds and an arm bone.
(d) An arm bone and empty briefcase.
9. What does Chandler manage to do while they are talking?
(a) To take Joanna's gun from her backpack.
(b) To stash his gun in his boot so Joanna does not know he has one.
(c) To hit a high powered alarm that will bring Plymale right to the two of them.
(d) Get his hunting knife into the hand that is hidden from Joanna's sight.
10. Why does Bernie know how to use the pistol?
(a) She learned shooting from her grandfather.
(b) She says she is a policewoman.
(c) She just got certified to carry a concealed weapon.
(d) She served in the Army branch of the military police.
11. What is the first thing Bernie sees as she looks in the cave/rain slot?
(a) Joanna's corpse.
(b) The mummified remains of the Shaman.
(c) A small campfire.
(d) A pile of diamonds.
12. What has Chandler given up?
(a) Blackmailing Joanna.
(b) Killing Sherman.
(c) Blackmailing Billy.
(d) Finding Billy.
13. Why doesn't Cowboy need any more water?
(a) It is not very warm that day.
(b) Because it's about to pour down rain.
(c) He is sitting by a pool of water.
(d) Because he filled up before starting down the canyon.
14. What does Bernie demand?
(a) That they go out of the cave where she can check them out.
(b) That they leave immediately.
(c) That they surrender the firearms.
(d) That they get what they want and wait there for the helicopter.
15. How does Chandler get to the floor of the canyon?
(a) By mule.
(b) On an ATV.
(d) By helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bernie see cooling his feet in the river?
2. Despite how she feels, what does Joanna decide to do?
3. How does Bernie reassure Joanna?
4. What does the Shaman preach?
5. What does Bernie realize after seeing the gun?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)