|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernie order Joanna to do?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Put her hands up.
(d) Turn off the flashlight.
2. What did Reno tell Shorty about an old man from whom he got a horse?
(a) That the man did not know the value of a diamond.
(b) That the man had a mummified arm on his mantle.
(c) That the man was crazy from too much peyote.
(d) That the man had many tins of diamonds.
3. What does Bernie say that allays the old woman's fears?
(a) That her grandmother is Hopi.
(b) That she is lost and is about to leave.
(c) That she was invited there by a Hopi.
(d) That she is half Hopi.
4. Why does Chandler not grasp the branch with both hands to save himself?
(a) He regrets leaving Joanna and is thinking about that instead of his own life.
(b) He thinks he is strong enough to hold on with one hand.
(c) He is holding all the diamonds in a sock in one hand.
(d) He is disoriented from a knock in the head.
5. What does Shorty have inside a snuff can?
(a) Some ground sage.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A pair of diamondback rattlers cut off the tail of a ten foot snake.
(d) Some peyote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old shaman who lives on the side of the canyon claim?
2. What do the two woman hear as they ease off the ledge?
3. Who shoots Sherman?
4. What do Chandler and Joanna think happened to the Shaman?
5. Where is Billy?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)