|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cowboy ask Chee to go with him?
(a) To find out for sure what is in Joanna's purse.
(b) To see Billy Tuve again.
(c) To talk to the jeweler's widow.
(d) To the canyon.
2. Why is Billy Tuve is silent and non-responsive?
(a) Because he was beaten in jail.
(b) Because he does not speak English.
(c) Because he believes white people always want something.
(d) Because he is intimidated by this strong, white woman.
3. What does Chandler figure will happen to Plymale if Joanna's lineage is irrefutably proven?
(b) He would likely face criminal charges as well as lose his fortune if Joanna finds the arm.
(c) He would have a long court battle.
(d) He would be forced to kill Joanna.
4. Who does Joe find at the trading post?
(a) Billy Tuve.
(b) Louisa Berbonette
(c) Shorty McGinnis.
(d) Joanna Craig.
5. About what does Joe ask Shorty?
(a) If Shorty remembers seeing Billy Tuve the week before.
(b) The diamond he claimed on his insurance form after a robbery.
(c) If he has any idea where Billy Tuve got a valuable diamond.
(d) Why Shorty doesn't move to a more populated area of the res.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Reno tell Shorty about an old man from whom he got a horse?
2. Of what does Chee dream?
3. Who is Billy Tuve?
4. Why is the FBI concerned with the diamond?
5. What does Plymale say about Joanna Craig?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)