• Joe and some cronies are discussing a recently-closed case they named the case of the Skeleton Man.
• Joe is attempting to explain his theory that the reason things happen is not usually a simple cause and effect.
• Joe believes that all events and things in the universe are ultimately connected.
• Joe believes that the cosmos is "like some infinitely complex machine," with all of the parts working together in harmony.
• Sam Pinto tells a story that illustrates Joe's theory in the natural world.
• Pinto does not believe his sort of story and its reasoning can be applied to the events Joe just described.
• Joe Leaphorn suspects Joanna Craig is motivated more by revenge than money.
• Joe flashes back to when he first learns of the case and that the FBI are interested in it.
• The case involves a robbery and homicide of a jeweler in the...
This section contains 2,215 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)