|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry Brower?
(a) A stranger who knocked on the door asking for help.
(b) A man who replaced one of George's friends in a poker game.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) George's cousin.
2. What does Henry do when Davidson shakes his hand?
(a) He draws his hand back and drops into his chair.
(b) He shakes Davidson's hand in return.
(c) He scoops up his winnings and leaves.
(d) He howls furiously and runs outside.
3. Why does George's mother say his Gramma turned toward behavior that caused people to talk?
(a) She wanted revenge.
(b) She thought she was cursed by God.
(c) She was afraid her husband was cheating on her.
(d) She could not carry a baby to term.
4. As Bobby is looking over the car, what thought distracts him?
(a) He does not like Leo in the least.
(b) His wife is waiting with supper.
(c) The milkman left a spider at his door.
(d) Rocky is not really his friend.
5. What does Rand do as the rescue ship leaves?
(a) He runs after the ship screaming for help.
(b) He is sucked under the sand.
(c) He begins cramming sand into his mouth.
(d) He lies down on the sand and dies.
6. Why can't George call for help for Gramma?
(a) The phone is dead.
(b) The house has no phone.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) The phone is making a strange noise.
7. What does Nona turn into?
(a) A rat.
(b) A vampire.
(c) A corpse.
(d) A ghost.
8. What does the milkman discover at the house with the cancellation note?
(a) A young girl wandering alone.
(b) A murder.
(c) A human foot.
(d) A poisonous snake he didn't have in his collection.
9. Why is George summoned from his meeting with Greer?
(a) Davidson has died.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Henry is waiting at his house.
(d) Another poker game is beginning.
10. Who is giving Nona a hard time when the narrator meets her?
(a) Her pimp.
(b) Her father.
(c) Four truckers.
(d) Her ex boyfriend.
11. What emotion does George feel when it comes to Gramma?
12. How old is George Bruckner in "Gramma"?
13. How does Davidson feel about the way Henry left?
14. Where is the narrator in "Nona" sitting as he considers events in his life?
(a) In a jail cell.
(b) In a spaceship.
(c) In his masion.
(d) At home with his wife and two children.
15. What items got Gramma fired from her job?
(a) Religious statuary.
Short Answer Questions
1. George tells his friends about an event that took place how many years before?
2. What is Thorpe's story about?
3. What happens to the dog that gave Henry his paw to shake?
4. What does Quentin see when he enters Uncle Otto's house after buying groceries for him?
5. Who are Rand and Shapiro in "Beachworld"?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)