|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Greer feel that Henry is headed for a breakdown?
(a) Henry's brothers and sisters all went mad.
(b) Henry can't seem to get his life together.
(c) Henry is despondent over his role in the death of a child in Bombay.
(d) Henry's wife and children died from a plague he brought home from Bombay.
2. What does Richard Pine do after he breaks his ankle?
(a) Amputates his foot and eats it.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Amputates everything below his groin and eats it.
(d) Uses heroin and becomes addicted.
3. Who is giving Nona a hard time when the narrator meets her?
(a) Her ex boyfriend.
(b) Her pimp.
(c) Her father.
(d) Four truckers.
4. What happens to the dog that gave Henry his paw to shake?
(a) It becomes Henry's pet.
(b) It is taken away by the dog catcher.
(c) It dies.
(d) It goes mad.
5. Who are Rand and Shapiro in "Beachworld"?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) The only two survivors of a plane crash.
(c) Soldiers sent to conquer Beachworld.
(d) The leaders of a beachlike planet.
6. As Bobby is looking over the car, what thought distracts him?
(a) His wife is waiting with supper.
(b) He does not like Leo in the least.
(c) Rocky is not really his friend.
(d) The milkman left a spider at his door.
7. What happens when George tries to cover Gramma with a sheet?
(a) She lets out a loud gasp.
(b) She begins babbling insanely.
(c) She grabs his wrist.
(d) She sits up.
8. Whom does the narrator kill while with Nona?
(a) The driver who picked them up.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) A good Samaritan.
(d) A cop.
9. Shapiro gets the sense that the sands have what?
(a) Evil thoughts.
(b) The voice of an old woman.
(c) Hiding places for many strange creatures.
(d) The power to keep him there.
10. Where are Nona and the narrator heading?
(c) Castle Rock.
11. Why can't George call for help for Gramma?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) The house has no phone.
(c) The phone is dead.
(d) The phone is making a strange noise.
12. What does Henry do when Davidson shakes his hand?
(a) He draws his hand back and drops into his chair.
(b) He shakes Davidson's hand in return.
(c) He scoops up his winnings and leaves.
(d) He howls furiously and runs outside.
13. How did Henry kill himself?
(c) By shaking hands with himself.
14. What does the milkman place on the empty chocolate milk container at the McCarthy home?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A black widow.
(c) A tarantula.
(d) A brown recluse.
15. What does Nona turn into?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A rat.
(c) A corpse.
(d) A vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "For Owen," what is the name of the street passed while walking to school?
2. What is the implication for George at the end of "Gramma"?
3. What does Uncle Otto do to finance the purchase of the land?
4. What is Henry's original feeling toward Thorpe's Fornits story?
5. What does the narrator think happened when he met Nona?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)