|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Gramma while George is fixing them dinner?
(a) She dies.
(b) She falls down the stairs.
(c) She falls out of bed.
(d) She is attacked by unseen forces.
2. What emotion does George feel when it comes to Gramma?
3. What does Henry add to his letter to Thorpe to help convince Thorpe of his belief in Fornits?
(a) A single hair.
(b) A letter from the FBI.
(c) A doodle.
(d) A grainy picture.
4. What is the name of the looking glass?
(a) The English Bauble.
(b) DeIvers Looking Glass.
(c) Dante's Looking Glass.
(d) Mirabella's Looking Glass.
5. How many acres was the land Uncle Otto intended to purchase?
6. Who follows Rocky and Leo as they leave the garage?
(a) The milkman.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) A cop.
7. What does Shapiro do while Rand stands mesmerized by the shifting sand?
(a) Tries to talk to Rand.
(b) Sets up a beacon.
(c) Eats rations.
(d) Stands beside him, staring at the sand as well.
8. What is the reason for the party in "The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet"?
(a) An anniversary.
(b) The publication of a young writer's first story.
(c) A birthday.
(d) It is a social mixer for those new to the area.
9. To what does the child in "For Owen" compare the fat children?
(c) Christmas trees.
10. What items got Gramma fired from her job?
(a) Religious statuary.
11. Shapiro gets the sense that the sands have what?
(a) The voice of an old woman.
(b) Evil thoughts.
(c) The power to keep him there.
(d) Hiding places for many strange creatures.
12. Where are Nona and the narrator heading?
(d) Castle Rock.
13. In what room of the museum is the looking glass kept?
(a) The special exhibition room.
(b) The upper floor gables room.
(c) The courtesan library.
(d) The attic.
14. Where is the narrator in "Nona" sitting as he considers events in his life?
(a) At home with his wife and two children.
(b) In a jail cell.
(c) In a spaceship.
(d) In his masion.
15. What does Henry do when Davidson shakes his hand?
(a) He draws his hand back and drops into his chair.
(b) He scoops up his winnings and leaves.
(c) He howls furiously and runs outside.
(d) He shakes Davidson's hand in return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George's mother say his Gramma turned toward behavior that caused people to talk?
2. What does the milkman place on the empty chocolate milk container at the McCarthy home?
3. In "For Owen," what is the name of the street passed while walking to school?
4. What does Shapiro begin to think the sands can do?
5. How old is George Bruckner in "Gramma"?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)