|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hal's youngest son feel about his older brother's discovery?
2. How is Jonathan killed?
(a) In a drowning accident.
(b) In a hunting accident.
(c) In a drunken driving accident.
(d) He is murdered by his mother.
3. Where does Mike originally find the narrator?
(a) Through the Yellow Pages.
(b) In a speakeasy.
(c) Through his cousin.
(d) In jail.
4. What do two of the soldiers in "The Mist" do at the beginning of the story?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Run out into the fog.
(c) Lose their minds.
(d) Start shooting people.
5. What does Maureen do after the confrontation between Mike and the Greek?
(a) She kills the Greek.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) She kills Mike.
(d) She ends up in jail.
6. Where is the setting of "The Raft"?
(a) Whitewater Lake.
(b) Cascade Lake.
(c) Lake Ponchatrain.
(d) Lake Erie.
7. Where is the inventor's splinter displayed?
(a) The Bloomingdale Collection.
(b) Smithsonian Annex.
(c) Natural Science Museum.
(d) Museum of Art.
8. What does Mrs. Carmody suggest to rectify the situation with the fog?
(a) Human sacrifice.
(b) A seance.
(c) Intense prayer.
(d) Self sacrifice.
9. To what destination is Mark taking his family by way of the jaunt?
10. Who is Mike Scollay?
(a) A loan shark.
(b) A small-time racketeer.
(c) A jilted lover.
(d) A mob boss.
11. In what month does "The Raft" take place?
12. When Hal was a child, what happened to his friends during the time he was in possession of the item his son found in the attic?
(a) They ran away from home.
(c) They died.
(d) They tried to steal it and were punished.
13. What does Curt begin to discuss with the poster in his room?
(a) His own version of the Cain and Able story.
(b) Why the world would be better if ruled by women.
(c) His thoughts on a script for a movie.
(d) The good and bad points of wrestling.
14. How is the relationship between Seth and Richard?
(a) They are close.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) They are estranged.
(d) They are not close but not estranged.
15. How must the passengers make the jaunt?
(a) In a deprivation chamber.
(b) Dead, but they are revived on arrival.
(d) In an unconscious state.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does King's friend compare the pay King receives for "Word Processer of the Gods"?
2. What does the narrator of "Paranoid: A Chant" do to avoid cameras?
3. Who is the Greek?
4. Who is Lina to Richard Hagstrom?
5. Richard deletes Seth and Lina and replaces them with whom?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)