|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard realize about the word processor?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) It is a religious device.
(c) It is satanic.
(d) It is overworked and will quit soon.
2. What message does the Greek send to Mike?
(a) That Maureen is his.
(b) That Maureen will die.
(c) That Maureen is a fat pig.
(d) That Maureen will never love Mike.
3. What does Brent Norton and his group deny?
(a) That the end of the world is at hand.
(b) That the fog smells different.
(c) That the fog could possibly be poisonous.
(d) Evidence of anything supernatural.
4. Where does Mike originally find the narrator?
(a) Through his cousin.
(b) In jail.
(c) Through the Yellow Pages.
(d) In a speakeasy.
5. Where is the setting of "The Raft"?
(a) Cascade Lake.
(b) Whitewater Lake.
(c) Lake Erie.
(d) Lake Ponchatrain.
6. Who is Mr. Nordoff?
(a) Jonathan's neighbor.
(b) Seth's neighbor.
(c) Lina's neighbor.
(d) Richard's neighbor.
7. What does Curt begin to focus upon when he enters his room?
(a) The bible.
(b) His finals.
(c) A gun.
(d) His pending date.
8. Who is Brent Norton?
(a) The owner of the store.
(b) Mike's neighbor.
(c) Mrs. Carmody's son.
(d) The leader of a local athiest cult.
9. Who has passed away in "The Monkey," prompting family members to clean the home?
(a) The grandfather.
(b) The uncle.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The aunt.
10. What is the name of the teacher in "Here There Be Tygers"?
(a) Miss Branch.
(b) Miss Bird.
(c) Miss Beasley.
(d) Miss Brackins.
11. To what does King's friend compare the pay King receives for "Word Processer of the Gods"?
(a) The pay for a college student's article.
(b) The pay of a first rate novelist.
(c) The pay of a New York plumber.
(d) The pay of a lower rank secretary.
12. Where did the inventor of the jaunt make his discovery?
(a) In a space station.
(b) In a laboratory.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In his kitchen.
13. Where does the narrator of "Paranoid: A Chant" believe he cannot go?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To the basement.
(d) To the living room.
14. Who is the inventor of the jaunt?
(a) Victor Carune.
(b) Vincent Caramore.
(c) Vernon Carmichael.
(d) Vidal Ciccone.
15. What do two of the soldiers in "The Mist" do at the beginning of the story?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Start shooting people.
(c) Run out into the fog.
(d) Lose their minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasoning does the narrator use for thinking about Maureen from time to time?
2. What does Randy do after 24 hours alone?
3. In "The Mist," what precipitates the thick fog?
4. Curt has a poster of whom on his wall?
5. What did Homer do for the Todd family in his past?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)