|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Hal throws the offending item into the lake?
(a) All the fish die.
(b) Hal's sons are never seen again.
(c) A fisherman saves it.
(d) Hal's sons die.
2. What is the name of the boy sent to retrieve Charles in "Here There Be Tygers"?
3. To what does Mark awaken?
(a) A loud siren.
(b) The inability to breathe.
(c) A broken vessel.
(d) His wife's screams.
4. What does Charles encounter in the bathroom?
(a) A bear.
(b) A beast.
(c) A lion.
(d) A tiger.
5. What does the narrator believe in "Paranoid: A Chant"?
(a) He is being haunted.
(b) Aliens are coming.
(c) He is the reincarnation of Hitler.
(d) There is a conspiracy against him.
6. What does Hal's oldest son find in the attic?
(a) A picture of a monkey.
(b) A stuffed monkey.
(c) An old photo album.
(d) A wedding dress.
7. What had Mark's son done when the attendants put the mask on him?
(a) Held his breath.
(b) Screamed for his mother.
(c) Poked a hole in it.
(d) Took it off without them knowing.
8. Who is the subject of Homer's story?
(a) Ophelia Todd.
(b) Mr. Todd.
(c) A ghostly child.
(d) A run down hobo.
9. Who is Mr. Nordoff?
(a) Richard's neighbor.
(b) Seth's neighbor.
(c) Lina's neighbor.
(d) Jonathan's neighbor.
10. How old is Jonathan?
11. What is different about Ophelia every time she returns from one of her trips?
(a) She looks wildly invigorated.
(b) She looks deathly pale.
(c) She is weak.
(d) She looks younger.
12. How much does Mike Scollay offer to pay the band?
13. To what destination is Mark taking his family by way of the jaunt?
14. What is "the jaunt"?
(a) A rocket ship.
(b) A chemical journey.
(c) A type of teleportation.
(d) A super fast train.
15. Who is Seth to Richard Hagstrom?
(a) His brother.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His son.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rachel when she leans over to touch the object floating on the lake?
2. Where does the narrator of "Paranoid: A Chant" believe he cannot go?
3. How is Jonathan killed?
4. What serves as King's main character in his creative writing process?
5. What did Hal think had happened to the item his oldest son has found?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)