|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jonathan to Richard Hagstrom?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His son.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His brother.
2. What ultimately happens to Charles's teacher?
(a) She loses her mind.
(b) She is fired.
(c) She returns to class.
(d) She is eaten by the tiger.
3. Who is Mike Scollay?
(a) A mob boss.
(b) A jilted lover.
(c) A loan shark.
(d) A small-time racketeer.
4. Who is Maureen?
(a) The Greek's wife.
(b) Mike Scollay's sister.
(c) Mike Scollay's wife.
(d) The woman both Mike Scollay and the Greek are pursuing.
5. What is the name of the boy sent to retrieve Charles in "Here There Be Tygers"?
6. What happens to Curt Garrish when he speaks with several of his peers on his way back to his dorm?
(a) He can't think of an answer for their questions.
(b) He is wracked with guilt and doesn't understand why.
(c) They speak pleasantly, and he moves on.
(d) He envisions that person's death.
7. Why do people start refusing to go out into the fog?
(a) The fog serves as a hiding place for terrifying creatures.
(b) It makes them claustrophobic.
(c) It smells funny.
(d) The fog is poisonous.
8. To what does Mark awaken?
(a) The inability to breathe.
(b) A broken vessel.
(c) A loud siren.
(d) His wife's screams.
9. What type of band did the main character in "The Wedding Gig" play in?
10. What does Curt begin to discuss with the poster in his room?
(a) His own version of the Cain and Able story.
(b) Why the world would be better if ruled by women.
(c) His thoughts on a script for a movie.
(d) The good and bad points of wrestling.
11. What is "the jaunt"?
(a) A chemical journey.
(b) A super fast train.
(c) A type of teleportation.
(d) A rocket ship.
12. What society does Brent Norton head?
(a) Pentacle and Pedestal.
(b) Flat Earth.
(c) Broken Wing.
(d) Black Label.
13. In "The Mist," what precipitates the thick fog?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) An unusual drop in temperature.
(c) A foghorn.
(d) A strange smell.
14. What does Mrs. Carmody suggest to rectify the situation with the fog?
(a) Human sacrifice.
(b) A seance.
(c) Intense prayer.
(d) Self sacrifice.
15. What are the names of Mark's children?
(a) Lisa and Patty.
(b) Ricky and James.
(c) Don and Brandon.
(d) Ricky and Patty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deke spot on the surface of the lake?
2. Where did the inventor of the jaunt make his discovery?
3. How must the passengers make the jaunt?
4. What does the narrator believe in "Paranoid: A Chant"?
5. Richard deletes Seth and Lina and replaces them with whom?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)