Short Answer Key
Introduction & The Mist
1. What serves as King's main character in his creative writing process?
2. To what does King's friend compare the pay King receives for "Word Processer of the Gods"?
The pay of a New York plumber.
3. In "The Mist," what precipitates the thick fog?
4. To what location do David, Billy, and the neighbor travel after the fog rolls in?
The grocery store.
5. Why do people start refusing to go out into the fog?
The fog serves as a hiding place for terrifying creatures.
6. What is Mrs. Carmody rumored to be?
7. With what project are the soldiers trapped in the store affiliated?
8. What do two of the soldiers in "The Mist" do at the beginning of the story?
9. Who is Brent Norton?
10. What society does Brent...
This section contains 2,310 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)