Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
2. At what affair did the preacher speak, according to Buntu?
3. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
4. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
5. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
How, in Part 1 of the play, does the playwright use metaphor to show the living situation of black workers in Apartheid-era South Africa? Make reference to the stories of a) Styles' job at the Ford plant and Henry Ford Jr's visit, and b) The 'Doom' insect spray and the cat.
The central question of the play asks what defines identity: one's name or one's actions. Explore whether the play offers an answer to this question, or whether it remains ambiguous.
The real Robert Zwelinzima of the play seems to have died a violent death. Discuss whether or not this could be a symbol, and if so, what it could be a symbol of.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)