|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
2. What is the name of the first class liquor Sizwe is served at the bar with Buntu?
3. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
4. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
5. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the effect of having Styles and Buntu played by the same actor. What parallels and contrasts are there between the two characters, and how are they significant to the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree that Sizwe loses his innocence over the course of the play? Discuss with reference to what kind of an influence Buntu has on Sizwe and what Sizwe loses and gains.
Essay Topic 3
At two moments in the play, in Part 3 and Part 5, Buntu abruptly changes from a positive mindset to a negative one. What do these moments say about him, and what is the playwright trying to say about the attitude of South African blacks through this facet of Buntu's character?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)