Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
2. At what affair did the preacher speak, according to Buntu?
3. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
4. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
5. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of being 'alive' versus being 'dead' or a 'ghost' as represented in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Given the desperation of the situation in which blacks found themselves in Apartheid-era South Africa, is it honorable or dishonorable for Sizwe to claim the identity of a dead man? Explain your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
How, in Part 1 of the play, does the playwright use metaphor to show the living situation of black workers in Apartheid-era South Africa? Make reference to the stories of a) Styles' job at the Ford plant and Henry Ford Jr's visit, and b) The 'Doom' insect spray and the cat.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)