|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what profession has Sizwe heard of too many men dying?
2. What was the first suggestion by Sizwe to Buntu regarding his discovery in the alleyway?
3. What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do instead of continuing to live in the country they are in illegally?
4. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
5. What does Sizwe say in response to Buntu's concern over Sizwe's passbook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At two moments in the play, in Part 3 and Part 5, Buntu abruptly changes from a positive mindset to a negative one. What do these moments say about him, and what is the playwright trying to say about the attitude of South African blacks through this facet of Buntu's character?
Essay Topic 2
The real Robert Zwelinzima of the play seems to have died a violent death. Discuss whether or not this could be a symbol, and if so, what it could be a symbol of.
Essay Topic 3
It is ironic that the only place where Sizwe feels dignified and respected is at a bar - a place of drinking, vices, and escape from reality? Do you agree with this statement? Discuss.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)