|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Jacob the other day, according to Buntu in Part 3?
2. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
3. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
4. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
5. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
Essay Topic 1
Comment upon the notion that Styles' statement that 'we own nothing but ourselves' could be construed as being ignorant, coming as it does from a successful black businessman in South Africa.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effect of having Styles and Buntu played by the same actor. What parallels and contrasts are there between the two characters, and how are they significant to the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
What narrative devices does the playwright use to paint a vivid picture of frustration and persecution in the black community under Apartheid?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)