|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does SIzwe drunkenly wish to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man's body behind? .
2. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
3. What kind of trouble did Buntu also run in to although he was born in the area?
4. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
5. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The real Robert Zwelinzima of the play seems to have died a violent death. Discuss whether or not this could be a symbol, and if so, what it could be a symbol of.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effect of having Styles and Buntu played by the same actor. What parallels and contrasts are there between the two characters, and how are they significant to the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
In the final moments of the play, Styles tells Sizwe to smile. Explain how this instruction from one character to another functions as a summary of the play's themes of hope, struggle, and change.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)