|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buntu says he sympathizes with Sizwe for?
2. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
3. After Buntu's shoots down Sizwe's first two suggestions about the alleyway discovery, what is the next thing Sizwe continue to recommend doing?
4. What does Buntu reluctantly do after Sizwe suggests that they let whoever's there know what's happened?
5. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Comment upon the notion that Styles' statement that 'we own nothing but ourselves' could be construed as being ignorant, coming as it does from a successful black businessman in South Africa.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the idea of being 'alive' versus being 'dead' or a 'ghost' as represented in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how pride is central to the play, paying particular attention to the relationship between Buntu and Sizwe Banzi.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)