|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
2. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
3. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
4. What is Sizwe's angry question to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man alone?
5. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of being 'alive' versus being 'dead' or a 'ghost' as represented in the play.
Essay Topic 2
What narrative devices does the playwright use to paint a vivid picture of frustration and persecution in the black community under Apartheid?
Essay Topic 3
How does the playwright reveal information about the central character of Sizwe Banzi, and how does this draw the audience into his story?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)