|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
2. At the end of Part 3, what does Buntu offer Sizwe to do?
3. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
4. By what name does Sizwe introduce himself to the people outside of the bar?
5. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What narrative devices does the playwright use to paint a vivid picture of frustration and persecution in the black community under Apartheid?
Essay Topic 2
The central question of the play asks what defines identity: one's name or one's actions. Explore whether the play offers an answer to this question, or whether it remains ambiguous.
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree that Sizwe loses his innocence over the course of the play? Discuss with reference to what kind of an influence Buntu has on Sizwe and what Sizwe loses and gains.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)