Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sizwe first tell Buntu at the beginning of Part 3?
2. At what affair did the preacher speak, according to Buntu?
3. When Buntu finally fetches the book, what does he first tell Sizwe?
4. What was the second suggestion offered to Buntu regarding the discovery in the alleyway?
5. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
Essay Topic 1
Comment upon the notion that Styles' statement that 'we own nothing but ourselves' could be construed as being ignorant, coming as it does from a successful black businessman in South Africa.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effect of having Styles and Buntu played by the same actor. What parallels and contrasts are there between the two characters, and how are they significant to the play as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
What narrative devices does the playwright use to paint a vivid picture of frustration and persecution in the black community under Apartheid?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)