|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sizwe's angry question to Buntu when Buntu decides to leave the dead man alone?
2. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
3. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
4. After seeing Sizwe's information, what does Buntu realize?
5. After explaining to Siswe his thoughts on death, what happens to Buntu's mood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Given the desperation of the situation in which blacks found themselves in Apartheid-era South Africa, is it honorable or dishonorable for Sizwe to claim the identity of a dead man? Explain your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The passbook is a powerful metaphor for racism and white power. Discuss its effect on the lives of the different characters in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the idea of being 'alive' versus being 'dead' or a 'ghost' as represented in the play.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)