|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
2. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
3. What does Sizwe want to do with what he has discovered in the alleyway?
4. Who does Buntu say was a good man but who faced nothing but trouble?
5. When Buntu sees the address of the dead man, what does he do?
Essay Topic 1
The real Robert Zwelinzima of the play seems to have died a violent death. Discuss whether or not this could be a symbol, and if so, what it could be a symbol of.
Essay Topic 2
Given the desperation of the situation in which blacks found themselves in Apartheid-era South Africa, is it honorable or dishonorable for Sizwe to claim the identity of a dead man? Explain your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The central question of the play asks what defines identity: one's name or one's actions. Explore whether the play offers an answer to this question, or whether it remains ambiguous.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)