|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
(a) That Sizwe is not Sizwe, but Jacob.
(b) What's in the book doesn't make him a man, but that it goes with you everywhere anyway.
(c) That this book makes him less of a man.
(d) That this book is his life, as ridiculous as that may seem.
2. What system of segregation exists during the time of this play?
(b) Privatization of banking and the government finance system.
(c) Muslims and Christians.
(d) Church and State.
3. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(b) Aound the block.
(d) In peace.
4. What does Buntu say he has discovered in the alleyway outside of the bar?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A small child.
(d) A bag of cash.
5. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work as a bellboy.
(b) To work as a rickshaw driver.
(c) To work in the mines.
(d) To work as a taxi driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
2. .What does Buntu tell Sizwe to do after they have a fight outside of the bar?
3. What is significant about the dead man's name?
4. When Buntu comes out of the bar to join Sizwe in Part 4, what does he suggest?
5. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)