|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
(a) What's in the book doesn't make him a man, but that it goes with you everywhere anyway.
(b) That this book is his life, as ridiculous as that may seem.
(c) That Sizwe is not Sizwe, but Jacob.
(d) That this book makes him less of a man.
2. What does the significance of the dead man's name suggest?
(a) That Buntu will find the man's friends.
(b) That Sizwe will find the man's friends.
(c) That Zola will re-enter the plot.
(d) That Sizwe has stolen the dead man's identity.
3. How does Buntu answer to Sizwe's angry question regarding the dead man?
(a) He yells that Sizwe is stupid.
(b) He laughs at Sizwe's naivete.
(c) He doesn't answer.
(d) He shouts that Sizwe is a real character.
4. According to the preacher, at death, the soul gets to go...?
(c) In peace.
(d) Aound the block.
5. After Sizwe says he doesn't want to die, how does this effect Buntu?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He becomes calmer.
(c) He becomes distant.
(d) He becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Buntu's suggestion about what he had found in the alleyway?
2. What is Sizwe's first question to Buntu?
3. Why in Part 4, does Buntu try to get Sizwe to leave the street outside the bar quickly?
4. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
5. What did Buntu say the preacher compare death to in his speech?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)