|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Learning his family had been killed.
(b) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(c) Living alone.
(d) Losing meaning of life.
2. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
(a) To start a fight with Buntu.
(b) To cool off from the heat of his anger and drunkeness.
(c) To show that he is "just a man".
(d) To cover the dead man.
3. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
(a) He meets a homeless person.
(b) He gets lost.
(c) He gets held up by a thief.
(d) He starts speaking a different language.
4. What is the name of the first class liquor Sizwe is served at the bar with Buntu?
(a) Ms. Banzi.
(b) Brother Banzi.
(c) Mister Banzi.
(d) Bangin' Banzi.
5. Where does Sizwe say the raid took place?
(a) On Zola's home.
(b) On Sizwe's old home.
(c) At Buntu's old village.
(d) At the old dance hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sizwe finally hands his passbook to Buntu, what does he say at that moment?
2. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
3. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
4. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
5. What is the reason that Sizwe gives Buntu for not wanting to die yet?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)