|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starts leading the way to go home when Sizwe and Buntu leave the bar on their first night out?
(a) A passerby.
(b) A bartender who just got off his shift.
2. According to Buntu, what would make him dig his own grave?
(a) Losing meaning of life.
(b) Continuing to talk in the way he had just been.
(c) Learning his family had been killed.
(d) Living alone.
3. What might Buntu's story about Jacob be meant to offer Sizwe?
(a) Hope that the peace of death will sustain him through the tough times in life.
(b) Fear that death is not the end of suffering.
(c) Fear not to question the system in place.
(d) Hope that he will not become another Jacob in the near future.
4. What happens to Sizwe when he tries to get home from the bar with Buntu?
(a) He starts speaking a different language.
(b) He gets held up by a thief.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He meets a homeless person.
5. What does Buntu suggest Sizwe do for work back in his home country?
(a) To work as a taxi driver.
(b) To work as a rickshaw driver.
(c) To work in the mines.
(d) To work as a bellboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buntu proceed to to after explaining about the dead man's book to Sizwe?
2. When does Buntu say is the only time a soul can be completely free?
3. How does Sizwe respond to Buntu when Buntu asks him for his passbook a second time at the end of Part 4?
4. Why does Sizwe begin to tear off his clothes at the ending of Part 4?
5. After Buntu's shoots down Sizwe's first two suggestions about the alleyway discovery, what is the next thing Sizwe continue to recommend doing?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)