|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(c) South African.
2. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
(a) Contact his family.
(b) Escape the police.
(c) Work at this house.
(d) Stay at his place.
3. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
(a) That he is in the hospital.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he is alive.
(d) That he has been injured.
4. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His wife.
5. What job did Styles' father hold?
(a) He was a ship captain for Germany.
(b) He was a pilot for South Africa.
(c) He was a pilot for the UK.
(d) He was a soldier for South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
2. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
3. What character is Buntu played by?
4. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
5. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Style's story about the Ford plant speech show that he was an enterprising personality even before he had his own business?
2. Why does Buntu's mood change at the end of Part 3?
3. What can be extrapolated from the fact that Sizwe writes to his wife about living in another woman's home, and that despite their working together, they were not able to succeed?
4. How could the mention of the name Robert Zwelinzima be a powerful instance of foreshadowing?
5. How is the name "Doom" significant in Styles' story about the cockroach problem?
6. How is the studio a "place of dreams"?
7. How does Part 2 draw the audience in to the play in general?
8. How is it suggested that if an oppressed black man can realize his dreams in a photographic studio, then black people everywhere can realize their dreams no matter what they are?
9. Of what significance is Robert turning out to introduce himself to Buntu as Sizwe Banzi?
10. What is the passbook a symbol of?
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)