|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Styles gives the pictures back to the family member, what does the family member begin to do?
(a) Complain about the quality of the picture.
(b) Cry about the passed grandfather in the picture.
(c) Reminisce about life in the family.
(d) Leave without paying.
2. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) A faded photograph.
(b) A sailor's hat.
(c) An old watch.
(d) A rusty compass.
3. In the words of Styles in Part one, "We own nothing but..."
(a) Our money.
(c) Our spirit.
(d) Our freedom.
4. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
(a) An educational speech.
(b) An inspirational speech.
(c) A quick speech.
(d) An endearing speech.
5. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
2. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
3. What does Styles call his photography room?
4. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
5. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what significance is the fact that Styles is the same character as Buntu?
2. What is the passbook a symbol of?
3. Why doesn't Sizwe want to work in the mines?
4. What does Buntu have to say to Sizwe about the importance of names?
5. How does Buntu help Sizwe "practice" being Robert Zwelinzima?
6. Why, after Sizwe asks Buntu how long it will "last," does Buntu suddenly says he's tired, bid goodnight to Robert and leave?
7. How does the playwright play upon audience curiosity in Part 2?
8. Expand on the significance of the idea of transformation in this play.
9. How does Sizwe and Buntu's disagreement about what to do with the dead body foreshadow their later conflict about Sizwe changing identity?
10. Why does Buntu switch the pictures in Sizwe's and Robert's passbooks?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)