|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
(a) The stories do not make sense.
(b) It is basically unexplained.
(c) The stories seem to be lies.
(d) Each story intertwines deeply into the next.
2. What does the first man who walks into Styles' shop want?
(a) His receipt honored.
(b) His picture taken.
(c) A job.
(d) His photo redone.
3. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
(a) A learned man.
(b) A visionary.
(c) A bloody fool.
(d) A wise man.
4. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
(a) An endearing speech.
(b) A quick speech.
(c) An educational speech.
(d) An inspirational speech.
5. What is the name of the character first seen in the opening part of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
2. In what country is this story set?
3. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
4. What was the name of the insect spray in the commercial in the first part of the play?
5. According to Styles, convincing his customers to take pictures in a way that is different than they prefer is...
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Styles' mannerisms and outward thoughts affect the audience's understanding of Styles' life views?
2. How does Buntu both protest against and sympathize with Sizwe in Part 3?
3. Why, after Sizwe asks Buntu how long it will "last," does Buntu suddenly says he's tired, bid goodnight to Robert and leave?
4. Describe the way Buntu's mood abruptly changes at the end of Part 3, and what he decides to do as a result.
5. Expand on the significance of the idea of transformation in this play.
6. What all does Sizwe say to Noweto, his wife, in his letter at the end of Part 5?
7. What could be the meaning behind Buntu quietly telling Sizwe to "come along home" at the end of this Part?
8. What can one say about the significance of Sizwe finally signing his real name at the end of his letter to Noweto?
9. What can be extrapolated from the fact that Sizwe writes to his wife about living in another woman's home, and that despite their working together, they were not able to succeed?
10. How much respect does Buntu have for Sizwe?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)