|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) His shop.
(c) The building.
(d) His sink.
2. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
(a) A man with a trumpet.
(b) A father with his son
(c) A man with a diploma.
(d) A woman with a bird.
3. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he is in the hospital.
(c) That he is alive.
(d) That he has been injured.
4. What did the owner of the house do to help the narrator of the letter while he was supposedly living there?
(a) Escape the police.
(b) Contact his family.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Work at his house.
5. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
(a) James T Phillips.
(b) Henry Ford Sr.
(c) Henry Ford Jr.
(d) John Williamson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
2. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
3. How long did Styles say the owner of the car manufacturing plant stay at the plant?
4. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
5. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sizwe and Buntu find the dead body after they leave the bar?
2. Are Sizwe's and Buntu's reactions to finding the dead body the same? Explain your answer.
3. How is it suggested that if an oppressed black man can realize his dreams in a photographic studio, then black people everywhere can realize their dreams no matter what they are?
4. In what way does Style's story about the Ford plant speech show that he was an enterprising personality even before he had his own business?
5. What does Buntu have to say to Sizwe about the importance of names?
6. What is the playwright implying about the fact that "Robert" was still unsuccessful working with Zola?
7. In Part 4, how is it revealed that Sizwe has already taken on the dead man's identity?
8. How is Buntu's display in order to convince Sizwe to change identities particularly powerful?
9. Expand on the significance of the idea of transformation in this play.
10. What reasons does Buntu give Sizwe for not trying to get a new passbook?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)