|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Styles describe spreading when he finally is able to get a family to smile in a group photo in Part 1?
2. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
3. In what country is this story set?
(a) South Africa.
4. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
5. What type of picture does Styles aim to provide for Zwelinzima?
(a) The best possible picture.
(b) A memorable one.
(c) A black and white one.
(d) The most interesting one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
2. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
3. What does Styles convince Zwelinzima to do in Part 2?
4. For whom did Styles say he one day realized that he was working and making money?
5. In the letter being read aloud in Part 2, what does it declare about Sizwe Banzi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this section of the play give us more information about the circumstances under which black people lived under Apartheid?
2. How could the mention of the name Robert Zwelinzima be a powerful instance of foreshadowing?
3. How does the playwright play upon audience curiosity in Part 2?
4. What reasons does Buntu give Sizwe for not trying to get a new passbook?
5. How do Sizwe and Buntu find the dead body after they leave the bar?
6. How does Styles transform Robert's attitude in Part 2?
7. How does Buntu help Sizwe "practice" being Robert Zwelinzima?
8. What does Buntu have to say to Sizwe about the importance of names?
9. In Part 4, how is it revealed that Sizwe has already taken on the dead man's identity?
10. How does Part 2 draw the audience in to the play in general?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)