|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of speech did the car manufacturer owner want to give to the employees?
(a) An inspirational speech.
(b) A quick speech.
(c) An educational speech.
(d) An endearing speech.
2. How does Zwelinzima begin to act as Style interacts with him?
(a) He becomes more tense.
(b) He begins to act paranoid.
(c) He begins to relax.
(d) He acts upset.
3. How many pictures does Zwelinzima want taken in Part 2?
4. How does Styles feel about the number of pictures Zwelinzima wants taken?
5. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A snake.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
2. Who does Zwelinzima introduce himself to Buntu as in the end of Part 2?
3. What does the owner of the car manufacturing plant call himself in his speech to the plant workers?
4. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
5. What did Buntu allow Zwelinzima to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Styles' comment of "We have nothing but ourselves" could be translated positively.
2. When Sizwe describes how the passbook goes with him everywhere, what else could he be describing?
3. Why does Sizwe tear off his clothes in Part 4?
4. Of what significance is Robert turning out to introduce himself to Buntu as Sizwe Banzi?
5. What is the purpose of Robert being illuminated in a single light right before he begins narrating his letter to his wife?
6. How is the name "Doom" significant in Styles' story about the cockroach problem?
7. Describe the way Buntu's mood abruptly changes at the end of Part 3, and what he decides to do as a result.
8. Comment upon the feelings of what a western audience might feel in the face of the idea of changing one's identity.
9. Explain how as an audience, we know from the very opening scene that this play will involve the concepts of racial discrimination against blacks, and their struggles.
10. Why does Buntu tell Sizwe the story of Jacob, a man who recently died?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)