|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
(a) John Williamson.
(b) Henry Ford Sr.
(c) Henry Ford Jr.
(d) James T Phillips.
2. Zwelinzima explains that he was introduced to another friend through his house owner, named...
3. Which American President does Styles refer to as having an effect on South Africa?
(a) Wilson Woodrow.
(b) Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
4. Which culture in Part 1 does Styles says effects the South African economy?
(d) South African.
5. Which adjective best describes the man who Styles first lets into his shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Styles takes the second photograph for Zwelinzima, what happens him?
2. What family member does Styles reminisce about at the end of Part 1?
3. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
4. What is the first customer that Styles describes coming into the shop for a picture?
5. Who recommended an alternative way to catch the cockroaches to Styles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Buntu give Sizwe for not trying to get a new passbook?
2. In what way does Style's story about the Ford plant speech show that he was an enterprising personality even before he had his own business?
3. Without having seen the play, what would be a safe implication to make about the character of Robert, given that one of the first things he does is give his name and immediately afterward, his address?
4. Explain how as an audience, we know from the very opening scene that this play will involve the concepts of racial discrimination against blacks, and their struggles.
5. What is the significance of the kitten's name?
6. At the start of Part 3, why does Buntu say Sizwe is in real trouble?
7. Explain the meaning behind Styles yelling out for Robert to imagine that he is against the backdrop of the "city of the future".
8. What does Buntu have to say to Sizwe about the importance of names?
9. Why does Buntu become calmer when telling Sizwe he's married with a child and sympathizes with his desire to improve himself?
10. Of what significance is Robert turning out to introduce himself to Buntu as Sizwe Banzi?
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)