|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Styles' pet when he first bought the photo shop?
2. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) By limousine.
(c) By private jet.
(d) In a Nissan car.
3. Who came to collect the pictures for the aforementioned family?
(a) The eldest son.
(b) The eldest sister.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The sister.
4. What interrupts Styles' story to the audience at the end of Part 1?
(a) A scream outside.
(b) Styles falling asleep.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) A man yelling from upstairs.
5. What other piece of contact information does Zwelinzima give to Styles?
(a) His address.
(b) His mother's addres.
(c) His phone number.
(d) His mother's phone number.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Styles get to catch cockroaches?
2. In whose house does Zwelinzima say that he stayed while narrating his letter?
3. What does the first man who walks into Styles' shop want?
4. Zwelinzima explains that he was introduced to another friend through his house owner, named...
5. Which car manufacturing plant did Styles originally work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be extrapolated from the fact that Sizwe writes to his wife about living in another woman's home, and that despite their working together, they were not able to succeed?
2. Expand on the significance of the idea of transformation in this play.
3. How does Part 2 draw the audience in to the play in general?
4. How do Styles' mannerisms and outward thoughts affect the audience's understanding of Styles' life views?
5. What all does Sizwe say to Noweto, his wife, in his letter at the end of Part 5?
6. What is the passbook a symbol of?
7. Hypothesize the possible meanings this Part of the play and the passbook itself could have in relation to the struggle of black people against white people.
8. In Buntu's story about Jacob, what does the preacher say about death?
9. What is the significance of the kitten's name?
10. How is the studio a "place of dreams"?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)