|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memento does Styles have left of his father?
(a) An old watch.
(b) A rusty compass.
(c) A faded photograph.
(d) A sailor's hat.
2. What does Styles shout out for Zwelinzima to imagine he's posing against while getting his picture taken?
(a) "...the city of the future."
(b) "...the rivers of knowledge."
(c) "...sky of opportunity."
(d) "...the mountaintops of peace."
3. What does the first man who walks into Styles' shop want?
(a) His receipt honored.
(b) His photo redone.
(c) His picture taken.
(d) A job.
4. What was the owner of the car manufacturing plant's name?
(a) Henry Ford Jr.
(b) John Williamson.
(c) Henry Ford Sr.
(d) James T Phillips.
5. What is the name of Zwelinzima's wife in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zwelinzima explain the series of happenings that apparently gave him only three days to leave his dwelling?
2. To whom does Zwelinzima want to send his photograph?
3. How did the owner of Styles' car manufacturing company first arrive at the organization for his speech?
4. Why did the workers have to increase their output after the owner's speech?
5. What did Styles realized was infested with cockroaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much respect does Buntu have for Sizwe?
2. In Buntu's story about Jacob, what does the preacher say about death?
3. Explain the meaning behind Styles yelling out for Robert to imagine that he is against the backdrop of the "city of the future".
4. Expand on the significance of the idea of transformation in this play.
5. In what way does Style's story about the Ford plant speech show that he was an enterprising personality even before he had his own business?
6. What is the significance of Robert being illuminated in the spotlight with the passbook in hand, segueing into his resuming the narration of the letter to Noweto?
7. How is the studio a "place of dreams"?
8. At the start of Part 3, why does Buntu say Sizwe is in real trouble?
9. How is the name "Doom" significant in Styles' story about the cockroach problem?
10. Why does Buntu tell Sizwe the story of Jacob, a man who recently died?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)